Top This! (Howard Roark's best line in The Fountainhead)

Brant Gaede

"Take your clothes off." (p. 279 hb)

You have a guestamit on where in the paperback? Or, the scene?

p.273

Thanks.

And it is so much shorter than his speech to the jury...same values in both...

432.jpg
“Love is blind, they say; sex is impervious to reason and mocks the power of all philosophers. But, in fact, a man’s sexual choice is the result and the sum of his fundamental convictions. Tell me what a man finds sexually attractive and I will tell you his entire philosophy on life. Show me the woman he sleeps with and I will tell you his valuation of himself. No matter what corruption he’s taught about the virtue of selflessness, sex is the most profoundly selfish of all acts, an act which he cannot perform for any motive but his own enjoyment–just try to think of performing it in a spirit of selfless charity!–an act which is not possible in self-abasement, only in self-exaltation, only in confidence of being desired and being worthy of desire.”

Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Read more quotes from Ayn Rand

Kinda jumps off the page doesn't it...

A...

I don't know about men, but women can definitely have pity sex (charity)

Only if you let them and pity is a despicable concept to me.

Selene,

I was the one in deep need. I went about 15 months in between girlfriends so my next door neighbor took one for the team!

Self discipline would have given you a long term upper hand...

p.273

Thanks.

And it is so much shorter than his speech to the jury...same values in both...

432.jpg
“Love is blind, they say; sex is impervious to reason and mocks the power of all philosophers. But, in fact, a man’s sexual choice is the result and the sum of his fundamental convictions. Tell me what a man finds sexually attractive and I will tell you his entire philosophy on life. Show me the woman he sleeps with and I will tell you his valuation of himself. No matter what corruption he’s taught about the virtue of selflessness, sex is the most profoundly selfish of all acts, an act which he cannot perform for any motive but his own enjoyment–just try to think of performing it in a spirit of selfless charity!–an act which is not possible in self-abasement, only in self-exaltation, only in confidence of being desired and being worthy of desire.”

Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Read more quotes from Ayn Rand

Kinda jumps off the page doesn't it...

You are not allowed to call up re-enforcements from AS!

--Brant

the game has rules: my way or the highway, your way is no way, enlightenment doesn't mean entitlement, form over substance, eat over meat!

Put Down Master (PDM)--come and join my dojo (student-loan financing available)

--Brant

the game has rules: my way or the highway, your way is no way, enlightenment doesn't mean entitlement, form over substance, eat over meat!

We have already infiltrated it ...see Sun Tzu, you should have seen this developing...

--Brant

We have already infiltrated it ...see Sun Tzu, you should have seen this developing...

I don't care if it's infiltrated; I'm just trying to max out the enrollment.

--Brant

mo money, mo money!

mo money

I'm surprised no descriptions of what you find sexually attractive. I'm ready to be titillated! I'll start: smart, feisty, fit, horny, willing and able to cut your balls off if you don't measure up (figuratively speaking of course).

Found this on Forbes:

"Sadistic Entrepreneurialism
Several sadomasochists responded to an ad by an Austrian woman [and] were ordered to work on their mistress’s farm, chopping wood and mowing the grass, while wearing fetish gear. When the men realized they were being duped, they quit.

The Week"

(For Adam's amusement!)

I'm surprised no descriptions of what you find sexually attractive. I'm ready to be titillated! I'll start: smart, feisty, fit, horny, willing and able to cut your balls off if you don't measure up (figuratively speaking of course).

Found this on Forbes:

Several sadomasochists responded to an ad by an Austrian woman [and] were ordered to work on their mistress’s farm, chopping wood and mowing the grass, while wearing fetish gear. When the men realized they were being duped, they quit.

The Week"

(For Adam's amusement!)

If she had only taken one she might still have him.

--Brant

the folly of greed

Found this on Forbes:

The Week"

(For Adam's amusement!)

If she had only taken one she might still have him.

--Brant

the folly of greed

I have to be clear about one aspect of D/s and Dommes.

I am astounded as to male submissives and their needs.

There is a context in which the following statement has a unique meaning. It is nowhere to be found in Ayn Rand's writings.

"Keep your shirt on!"

Can you imagine the situations in which it would be appropriate?

Each context makes its own "unique" meaning. I believe the phrase itself is common as in "calm down!"

--Brant

but not much used any more

you got me stumped unless it's from a dermatologist who decides not to examine a patient

There is a context in which the following statement has a unique meaning. It is nowhere to be found in Ayn Rand's writings.

"Keep your shirt on!"

Can you imagine the situations in which it would be appropriate?

The way I've generally heard that instruction is, "Undress from the waist down."

:laugh:

Ellen