A Thought About the Virginia On Air Shooting

A Thought About the Virginia On Air Shooting

As almost everyone knows by now, a reporter, Alison Parker, and others were shot in Roanoke, Virginia while she was broadcasting live during an interview.

08.26.2015-11.58.png

It's all over the news right now, so just Google it for coverage.

I wanted to include a Drudge link to the story, but most of the news sites have these crappy self-starting videos on them and a swarm of popup ads. I don't want to send people to places like that, so I found one without this problem (except for an obnoxious content blocker, but you can close it), The Chicago Tribune: Reporter, photographer shot to death on air in Virginia; suspect in hospital.

Now here's my thought. It has nothing to do with the victims, although I feel terrible about them and burning hatred for the gunman.

I wonder what the media is going to do now that it has been shown clearly that live broadcasting media employees can be excellent terrorist targets.

I realize the gunman in this story was a disgruntled employee, not a terrorist. And I'm only saying this out loud because I'm sure many terrorists are following this story with rapt attention. Murdering an on-air broadcaster in the street is a lot easier than setting off a bomb or staging a mass shooting--and it gets the same air time.

I also wonder if the media is going to start campaigning for gun control. The left will since that's what the left does, but I wonder if the media in general will shift its focus to the wrong issue until terrorists start killing its reporters on the air.

This is serious worry.

Michael

The philosophy of a criminal is, "I am a victim therefore I'm entitled for justice, even served as revenge."

The war is ramping up--the war between the victims and the non-victims to make the latter suffer too, suffer as victims. A perfect world of perfect justice is thus made possible. The destructive embracement of victimhood for the sake of a higher cause. The killer as a moral agent.

It used to be the capitalists were the victimizers. Kill them. The Jews were victimizers, destroying the purity of German culture and the Aryan race. Kill them if you can't get rid of them. It's not murder; it's justice. Out with the old and in with the new. Blacks are the victims of whites, but that's a toughie for there are many more whites than blacks, so they whine about "Black Lives Matter" at whites while behind their backs blacks murder blacks en masse. Native Americans are truly overt victims of the dominant culture, but they have too much dignity to complain much, even those falling down drunk in Gallup, New Mexico. A drunk has the dignity of living his personal choice and knowing it was he all along--alcohol wipes out shame and sort of relives a time of youthful innocence before the bad choices--just don't drive, please.

--Brant

rant--but no pant

I wonder what the media is going to do now that it has been shown clearly that live broadcasting media employees can be excellent terrorist targets.

I realize the gunman in this story was a disgruntled employee, not a terrorist. And I'm only saying this out loud because I'm sure many terrorists are following this story with rapt attention. Murdering an on-air broadcaster in the street is a lot easier than setting off a bomb or staging a mass shooting--and it gets the same air time.

I also wonder if the media is going to start campaigning for gun control. The left will since that's what the left does, but I wonder if the media in general will shift its focus to the wrong issue until terrorists start killing its reporters on the air.

This is serious worry.

Michael

Did you see the gunman's own video of the event?

He walked up from the side, got behind the camera man, aimed his gun at Parker without her realizing it (despite its being right in front of her -- she was focused on her interviewee), and then he hesitated and withdrew the gun for several seconds before pulling it again and firing. It appeared to me that, at the last second, he realized that the camera wasn't aimed at Parker, so he pulled back at waited until it was.

What a piece of shit.

J

I wonder whether this racist piece of human refuse had seen "15 Minutes" with De Niro?

...Its story revolves around a homicide detective and a fire marshal who team up to stop a pair of Eastern European murderers who are videotaping their crimes in order to become rich and famous.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0179626/