Bayou Bounceback - Mr. Etch A Sketch Gets Shook!

Funny how when there is a closed primary with only Republicans voting, Mr. Etch A Sketch gets blown out.

99% reporting

Santorum 49%

Etch A Sketch 27% <<<<there is that pesky ceiling he can't break with Republicans....

Gingrich 16% <<<<he needed to get a minimum of 25%

Dr. Paul 6% <<<<of course this will give him the Republican nomination - in an alternate reality maybe?

Adam,

Unless I am very much mistaken about the process, in these primaries no actual flesh and blood people are chosen to be delegates. What may be determined is just how many delegates will be assigned to each candidate at the subsequent meeting at which Republicans only will be nominated to become delegates to go to Tampa.

I believe that is the way it works in Massachusetts and everywhere else in essence. I know that the primary is behind us in MA and that the actually meetings at which delegates are chosen will occur on April 28, the locations to be announced for each of the nine congressional districts.

In 2008 I registered Republican for the express purpose of being able to attend the delegate selection meetings which occurred a month after the primary. At that time in some districts, there were ten at the time, all of the delegates chosen were Ron Paul advocates. Each district will be choosing three delegates this time.

Last time those delegates were intimidated by the Republican Party goon squads, I mean security folks, to hold their seats or be thrown out of the convention in Indianapolis. Consequently only a very few brave souls did speak up at the first ballot for Ron Paul. They were from Alaska which breeds a more hearty stock.

This time may hopefully be different. Delegates are being educated to know what to expect and to know what they are allowed to do. A delegate bound for Romney or Santorum must vote for them unless they abstain and withhold their vote altogether on the first ballot. If that is done that will assure that Romney will not get the 1144 needed to become the nominee.

On the second ballot, if the Republican Party allows that to go ahead, or doesn't stop it as soon as it becomes evident that Ron Paul is destined to get the nomination, delegates become unbound and may vote their conscience.

What you refer to as "an alternate reality" is the realization of the dream of Ron Paul supporters who are determined to restore liberty to America and undo the status quo, business as usual behavior of the major parties which have ignored the Constitution and abandoned the vision of the Founders.

The trick will be to show up in overwhelming numbers at the delegate selection meetings all over the country so that as many actual delegates as possible are deep down Ron Paul supporters although they may be "bound" only on the first ballot in Tampa.

Have I made it clear now?

To paraphrase Hank Rearden, "I only regret that in the process of saving our own necks we are obliged to save your necks as well."

By that I mean that your persistent, condescending mockery of the efforts of Ron Paul supporters suggests that you oppose our success.

Your behavior also brings to mind the question which occurred in reading Atlas Shrugged when I wondered why Francisco didn't try to explain to Dagny what the strikers were up to.

I urge all registered Republicans here who want to see Ron Paul get the nomination contact the Ron Paul campaign in your state and join our revolution by participating in the delegate selection process.

gulch

This time may hopefully be different. Delegates are being educated to know what to expect and to know what they are allowed to do. A delegate bound for Romney or Santorum must vote for them unless they abstain and withhold their vote altogether on the first ballot. If that is done that will assure that Romney will not get the 1144 needed to become the nominee.

On the second ballot, if the Republican Party allows that to go ahead, or doesn't stop it as soon as it becomes evident that Ron Paul is destined to get the nomination, delegates become unbound and may vote their conscience.

What you refer to as "an alternate reality" is the realization of the dream of Ron Paul supporters who are determined to restore liberty to America and undo the status quo, business as usual behavior of the major parties which have ignored the Constitution and abandoned the vision of the Founders.

The trick will be to show up in overwhelming numbers at the delegate selection meetings all over the country so that as many actual delegates as possible are deep down Ron Paul supporters although they may be "bound" only on the first ballot in Tampa.

Have I made it clear now?

To paraphrase Hank Rearden, "I only regret that in the process of saving our own necks we are obliged to save your necks as well."

By that I mean that your persistent, condescending mockery of the efforts of Ron Paul supporters suggests that you oppose our success.

Your behavior also brings to mind the question which occurred in reading Atlas Shrugged when I wondered why Francisco didn't try to explain to Dagny what the strikers were up to.

I urge all registered Republicans here who want to see Ron Paul get the nomination contact the Ron Paul campaign in your state and join our revolution by participating in the delegate selection process.

gulch

Gulch:

The sad part is that you are counting on "ifs," "dreams, "hopes" and "tricks" to effect Dr. Paul's legitimate cause which I support.

You perceive my satire as a "...persistent, condescending mockery..." of the "...efforts of Ron Paul supporters "

To a degree, there is a bit of "mocking," or, as I intend it to be, a bit of objective political analysis which seems to escape the rank and file Dr. Paul supporters.

There is approximately a two percent to five percent [2% to 5%] chance, and I am being kindly optimistic in that spread,

of the second ballot scenario coming to fruition.

That is not mockery, but reality.

Adam