Relief - Netanyahu

Michael Stuart Kelly

Relief

03.17.2015-18.24.png

I don't agree with everything Bibi says and does, but after the disaster of the Arab Spring, Obama's designs on Israel cannot be trusted, neither through design nor competence.

Imagine Israel turning into Libya or northern Iraq. Bibi will not stand for it--loudly. And I believe this is what is needed in the current context.

Obama sent over some of his behavioral scientist dudes (and some fine folks from the dirty tricks department) to help dislodge Bibi. It's good to see that not all elections can be covertly engineered through brain hacking.

Here's the article from The Times of Israel linked to in the Drudge headline:

Netanyahu hails ‘a great victory for our people,’ though Herzog in no hurry to concede

As of this post, Netanyahu's victory is only based on exit polls, so there is always an small chance it could be different in the end. Not likely, though.

What a relief!

Michael

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Michael, On balance a good result. (Your President doesn't appear to like being thwarted - like a woman scorned - so I'm expecting some backlash). It's not that the Israeli right is always right, or the left is always wrong, but when it comes to reality and facing the hard facts, I'd think Bibi is better equipped, rationally. The left, like the left everywhere, give more priority to looking good and being loved and accepted. In Israel, that direction is tantamount to suicide of the state.

In the Jerusalem suburb of Tzur Hadassah, Eli Paniri, 54, a longtime Likud supporter, said he “voted for the only person who should be prime minister: Netanyahu.”

“I am not ashamed of this,” Mr. Paniri said after weeks of Netanyahu-bashing from all sides. “He is a strong man and, most important, he stood up to President Obama.”

Enough said.

Despite the despicable slurs in this NY Times article, it is instructive on Israeli parties and elections.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/18/world/middleeast/israel-election-netanyahu-herzog.html?emc=edit_na_20150318&nlid=53564225&_r=0

I am not ashamed of this, Mr. Paniri said after weeks of Netanyahu-bashing from all sides. He is a strong man and, most important, he stood up to President Obama.

A feminized liberal male like Obama is no match for a man like Netanyahu...

...and that's why Obama hates him. :wink:

Greg

Enough said.

Despite the despicable slurs in this NY Times article, it is instructive on Israeli parties and elections.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/18/world/middleeast/israel-election-netanyahu-herzog.html?emc=edit_na_20150318&nlid=53564225&_r=0

What despicable slurs???? It looked like a straight forward news article to me. Some of the writers opinions are there but I see no slurs.....

Bob writes:

What despicable slurs???? It looked like a straight forward news article to me. Some of the writers opinions are there but I see no slurs.....

The New York Times is a liberal rag.

Writers opinions have no place in what is supposed to be a news story.

Greg

Enough said.

This type of journalistic "slur" is what I am referring to:

But it remained to be seen how his divisive — some said racist — campaign tactics would affect his ability to govern a fractured Israel.

Who? Some O'bama operative's paid PR person working for a GMO over there?

The murky exit-poll predictions ...

Has this reporter not gotten the memo of exit polls?

The unity seems to have lifted turnout among Arab voters to its highest level since 1969,

There was a well funded and coordinated field operation to bus Arabs to the polls. It was funded by State Department funds through GMOs and George Soros.

Turnout was near 72 percent, four percentage points higher than in 2013, which analysts attributed to the surprisingly close contest between the Likud and Zionist Union.

Names of the "analysts?" The turnout spike was primarily due to the O'bama-Soros operation.

I detest the unnamed "experts" analysts" crap.

A...

This speaks for itself (from FrontPage Mag):

Obama Won’t Congratulate Netanyahu, Congratulated Putin and Iran Boss

Michael

Obama makes himself more irrelevant every day. A sewer rat looking at a lion.

HEY!

Let's not run down sewer rats!! Some of my best friends are sewer rats!

rat.gif

Bob writes:

Greg

Good point. Now what makes the opinions that were slipped in despicable or slurs?

To be fair, here's the other side.

I'm not giving it equal play, though, because of that hot mic crap Obama said to Sarkozy about Netanyahu a while back.

Formalities are formalities, but let's say some formalities are more equal than others when you want them to be.

Michael

Thanks for the link.

“As you know, now the hard work of coalition building begins. Sometimes that takes a couple of weeks, and we’re going to give space to the formation of that coalition government, and we’re not going to weigh in one way or another, except to say that the United States and Israel have an historic and close relationship, and that will continue going forward,” Simas added.

Obama took nearly a week to congratulate Netanyahu after his last win in 2013.

Ah, so you are going to stop your interference that attempted to have Bibi ousted?

And we should believe you why?

It is sad that he is such a petty man.

I remember someone's quip that it is not O'bama's skin color that makes folks "uncomfortable? with him, it is that it is so thin...

Bob writes:

Greg

Good point. Now what makes the opinions that were slipped in despicable or slurs?

Bob, straight question:

Is it a slur to falsely accuse someone of racism? Yes or No

Israel has some serious welfare dependency on the United States which weakens it as a country as it strengthens internal political divisions which are a luxury the country cannot afford except for the overwhelming presence and influence of the US no matter how much in the background. Obama has ironically made Israel stronger by making its PM stronger by standing apart from Obama the nemesis out of sheer necessity and lack of choice. Now Iran goes on the back burner waiting for the expected US regime change in 2017. By the time this kicking the Iran problem down the road ends, Iran will have its nukes. In the meantime it will be mostly about oil except for the stupidity in Ukraine. As Iran will be to Israel so too right now is Russia to the United States. At least during the Cold War and the threat of General Thermonuclear War no one had illusions about the possibility of GTW. Not true today as the West through the EU, NATO and the US keeps pressing Russia to no possible good result.

--Brant

time to be a Prepper!

Bob, straight question:

I did a control f find on the word "racism" It did not occur in the article. Ditto for "race". the only reference there was to the electoral contest itself.

What did you think was there? Can you quote it for me verbatim?

Meanwhile back at the ranch:

Obama Operatives Try to Sway Israel's Election
by John Fund
18 Mar 2015
Newsmax

From the article:

It wasn’t just Israel’s left-wing parties that lost big as part of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s dramatic victory yesterday. Team Obama, which pulled as many strings as it could to defeat Netanyahu, was embarrassed.

It had dispatched Jeremy Bird, the architect of the grass-roots and online organizing efforts behind both of Obama’s presidential campaign, to Israel to work the same magic there with a group called Victory 15.

Victory 15 was in turn a close ally of the One Voice Movement — a U.S. tax-exempt organization with a subsidiary in Israel that actively worked against Netanyahu. One Voice apparently used $350,000 in State Department grants to to fund its anti-Netanyahu efforts in direct contravention with U.S. law.

Expect a congressional investigation of the “dark money” the U.S. government may have indirectly spent in Israel.

There's a lot of CYA talk around this, but my concern is not the paltry $350k. It's the deep pockets the $350k allowed anti-Bibi activists to get in front of. That and an "indirect direct" line to President Obama.

There's a lot more behind this story than $350k. I hope we find out some day what it is.

Go One Voice!

Go Victory 15!

I mean go and get on outta here...

:)

Michael

Bob, straight question:

I did a control f find on the word "racism" It did not occur in the article. Ditto for "race". the only reference there was to the electoral contest itself.

Seventh paragraph down Bob.

But it remained to be seen how his divisive — some said racist — campaign tactics would affect his ability to govern a fractured Israel.

This was in the article in my link.

Bob, straight question:

I did not look for "racist" so I did not find it. I recall that sentence. I found nothing wrong with it.

Bob, straight question:

I did not look for "racist" so I did not find it. I recall that sentence. I found nothing wrong with it.

The article is exactly as Adam described it: factual, but the author hates Bibi's guts so he threw in several biased comments.

--Brant

quote from John Fund article:
It wasnt just Israels left-wing parties that lost big as part of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahus dramatic victory yesterday. Team Obama, which pulled as many strings as it could to defeat Netanyahu, was embarrassed.

I'm so happy they tried...

...and failed. :smile:

In my eyes, Netanyahu is the leader of the free world.

Greg

quote from John Fund article:
It wasnt just Israels left-wing parties that lost big as part of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahus dramatic victory yesterday. Team Obama, which pulled as many strings as it could to defeat Netanyahu, was embarrassed.

I'm so happy they tried...

...and failed. :smile:

In my eyes, Netanyahu is the leader of the free world.

Greg

He is just another Israeli politician.....

He is the leader of 5.5 million leaders.