Not just another thread about Jonathan

Philip Coates

I've come to the conclusion that Jonathan's bad behavior is a serious threat to those who want to post civilly. So, I've decided to to have a thread with occasional summaries (or quotes) and links to the worst of his posts.

I have concluded that Jonathan is this bad of a blight on the OL landscape.

The Flame War Rant thread contains Jonathan at his most odious - his attacks on Newberry, his refusal to calm down or listen to reason.

Michael, since the parallel personal attack / criticism / takedown thread "Not just another thread about Phil" is in Rants, can this be moved to Rants?

The Flame War Rant thread contains Jonathan at his most odious - his attacks on Newberry, his refusal to calm down or listen to reason.

As I said here on the Not Just Another Thread About Phil thread, if you think that the Flame War Rant thread contains me at my most hateful and irrational, then all that I can say is thanks. If that's me at my most hateful and irrational, I must be a pretty sweet and amazingly rational person.

Not only did I calmly use reason to demolish Newberry's position on Kant, but I also demolished Stephen Hicks', and I demonstrated that Rand had no idea of what she was talking about when condemning Kant's aesthetics.

Is that what upsets you so much about me, Phil? You're enraged that I choose the truth over loyalty to the Objectivist team? It pisses you off that I'm not willing to go along with certain Objectivist guru-wannabes' bumbling misinterpretations of history and distortions of reality in the name of attempting to vindicate Rand?

J

• Like 1