Is Radical Islam, ISIS/Hamas/Hesbollah/BokaHarum anti woman? Yes, or, no?

Selene

I am not going to provide links...

I would appreciate just personal answers.

A...

People on these Objectiv-ish boards like to argue roots and premises. It is easy to see the phallo-centric Mosaic sky god crushing the Earth Mother Goddess. It may be true today that women suffer less cervical cancer in societies where men suffer circumcision. That was not the motivation when Abraham overpowered his boys to show that he would have all the women to himself. Then, there were Lot's daughters. The psycho-sexual wanderings of the Mesopotamians are terrible to consider.

Here in this board as on RoR and others, I have cited Making Big Money in 1600: The Life and Times of Isma'il Ibn Taqiyya by Nellie Hanna. This was Cairo. Hanna tells of a Bosnian slave woman who sued some men for denying her her share of a deal she arranged for her master. No free woman in London or Paris of the time had such a right. After his death, ibn Taqiyya's second wife forced on her second husband certain clauses in their marriage contract limiting the time he could spend with his other wives. Again, what wife in London or Paris of 1600 could have legally limited her husband - with a right of monetary damages?

But this is not 1600... or 3000 BC... Here and now, by whatever paths amid their various local cultures, these so-called "men" are mental defectives. They are anti-woman because they are anti-life. Do you have any doubts about that?

People on these Objectiv-ish boards like to argue roots and premises. It is easy to see the phallo-centric Mosaic sky god crushing the Earth Mother Goddess. It may be true today that women suffer less cervical cancer in societies where men suffer circumcision. That was not the motivation when Abraham overpowered his boys to show that he would have all the women to himself. Then, there were Lot's daughters. The psycho-sexual wanderings of the Mesopotamians are terrible to consider.

Here in this board as on RoR and others, I have cited Making Big Money in 1600: The Life and Times of Isma'il Ibn Taqiyya by Nellie Hanna. This was Cairo. Hanna tells of a Bosnian slave woman who sued some men for denying her her share of a deal she arranged for her master. No free woman in London or Paris of the time had such a right. After his death, ibn Taqiyya's second wife forced on her second husband certain clauses in their marriage contract limiting the time he could spend with his other wives. Again, what wife in London or Paris of 1600 could have legally limited her husband - with a right of monetary damages?

But this is not 1600... or 3000 BC... Here and now, by whatever paths amid their various local cultures, these so-called "men" are mental defectives. They are anti-woman because they are anti-life. Do you have any doubts about that?

And they are also premature ejaculators.

The term "anti-woman" can mean different things. What do you mean by it?

Excellent question.

I would define it as creating the moral, legal and religious foundations to:

1) physically harm a female and be exempt from retribution;

2) preventing females from engaging in commerce, education and social activities by law; and

3) generally, by law creating a sub-standard citizenship, or, no citizenship at all.

Those are general parameters for me.

A...

Thank you, Adam. Based on that definition, then I'd say yes, those groups are anti-woman.

Understood.

However, as a male type gender, how would you define the term "anti-woman."

As you are aware, I respect your opinion.

A...

Thank you, Adam. Based on that definition, then I'd say yes, those groups are anti-woman.

Understood.

However, as a male type gender, how would you define the term "anti-woman."

As you are aware, I respect your opinion.

A...

I don't define it. I've never needed to. I strive to understand what other people mean when they say it and to use it in that way in my conversations with them. I'm pressed for time right now. I'll try to expound later.

I don't define it. I've never needed to. I strive to understand what other people mean when they say it and to use it in that way in my conversations with them. I'm pressed for time right now. I'll try to expound later.

Deal.

Typically, when people use the term anti-woman, they do so with a preconceived notion of what womanhood is. It is actually that part of the term (i.e. woman) where the disagreement arises. Some people think women are inherently more suited and happier as the caregivers of home and family. To them, it is anti-woman to remove them from that role because it denies them the essence of who they are and what they are meant for. Some people think there is nothing of the sort inherent in women and that anything short of total gender equality is anti-woman because it implies women are somehow incapable. The former are often imagined to be a bunch of religious freaks like the reality tv family on 19 Kids and Counting. The latter are often imagined to be "femi-nazis" and/or lesbians. In fact, there's lots of perfectly average, non-religious folks who come down on both sides of the argument. Who don't even know there is an argument.

Then there's people like me, and probably you, Adam, who thinks both those schools of thought are collectivist and overlook the fact that people, men and women, are individuals and as long as informed consenting adults are making their own decisions in their own homes, we should all just leave them to it. It's in that spirit that I say I've never defined what it means to be anti-woman. Each woman to her own, I say. If being a stay at home mother and wife fulfills her as a woman, then that is what I want for her. If being CEO and not having a family fulfills her as a woman, then that is what I want for her. If finding a happy medium that balances the two lifestyles fulfills her as a woman, then that is what I want for her.

In your definition of anti-woman, you aren't talking about any of the above. You are talking about the forceful denial of individual rights, and the excuse is based in idiocy and madness. As MEM has already pointed out, that is anti-life.

Precisely.

Well said.

A...