Daunce Lynam at 100

syrakusos

I feel as though I have been here before. The radio went off at 6:00 AM (honestly) and played music I knew (truly) and then I came here ... and I see that "Daunce Lynam" had another birthday (again) today. Well before I go off to learn the piano and marry Andy McDowell, let me be the first to say that she demonstrates a positive and significant influence here. Her gifts to us surpass anything we could offer, but let us try.

Happy birthday and best wishes to a fine communicator. May her second century be as good as her first: happy happy sad happy sad happy.

I know you were hoping for more concrete expressions of good will (like a new laptop) but we are living in perilous times, it seems.

Oh b o y z . I w a s g o i n g to a d j u s t m y mov e a b le fe a s t o f a tr i bu t e bir t h da t e before toda y . The sys t e m wi ll n o t a l l ow me t o be o v e r 100 now , an d I mu s t bo w t o f a te t hat I wh o h a ve a l w ay s be e n mi d d le aged as far as I remember, must adjust to getting younger. M aybe wiser.

Tony and Brant you are right, I am much older than fathomable and will never admit it as is my privilege.

Bill dear, it is not that I would expect Jonathan type bling much less electronics. What do you take me for?

Mike M and Stephen and Michael and Kat, thank you dear friends.

Nothing is as rejuvenating as you guys are.

Hmm, as usual the lady doth protest way too much.

Not buying any of it.

Nevertheless, happy birthday to an intensely amazing and fascinating woman.

Did she visit Saudi Arabia? One wonders...http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/saudiarabia/6813312/Saudi-Arabia-to-flog-75-year-old-for-breaching-sex-segregation-rules.html

"The Saudi Arabian authorities must not carry out the imminent flogging and imprisonment of an elderly woman and two younger men."

Damn these Sharia statists depriving a wonderful woman from an erotic flogging...

http://beta.threadless.com/product/3891/Hit_Me <<<< you have to hit the "gurly" tab for her picture...wink, wink...

Happy, happy birthday baby...

'

Love you dear...

A...

Hmm, as usual the lady doth protest way too much.

Not buying any of it.

Nevertheless, happy birthday to an intensely amazing and fascinating woman.

Did she visit Saudi Arabia? One wonders...http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/saudiarabia/6813312/Saudi-Arabia-to-flog-75-year-old-for-breaching-sex-segregation-rules.html

"The Saudi Arabian authorities must not carry out the imminent flogging and imprisonment of an elderly woman and two younger men."

Damn these Sharia statists depriving a wonderful woman from an erotic flogging...

http://beta.threadless.com/product/3891/Hit_Me <<<< you have to hit the "gurly" tab for her picture...wink, wink...

Happy, happy birthday baby...

'

Love you dear...

A...

Mutual dear Adam with, uh, some reservations

Carol's sparkling wit and esprit are timeless anyway. :smile:

Many happy returns, my dear friend Carol!!

Angela

Danke my dear schvesterlain. (hope that is corrrect).

I am preparing a Tribute to Men for Valentines Day and am counting on the collusion of you and Ellen. As the current female regulars of OL it is the least we can do.

Did you know our miserable hometown hockey team now has a German on its roster? Up Global multicult!

Keep well, C,

When, Carol, are we going to hear from you a nice twisty tale of the rise of Ontario's premier-designate? Or did I miss it already?

When, Carol, are we going to hear from you a nice twisty tale of the rise of Ontario's premier-designate? Or did I miss it already?

Premier Kathy is just your average openly-gay granny. Her opponents next election time will be Unwed Mother Andrea, and Tiny Tory Tim representing traditional family values, a wannabe Reagan minus the charm and speechwriters.

The unfortunate winner will be stuck trying to deal with Not-Henry Ford,a certified idiot who hates Toronto and has never lived here but is the mayor of it. His great vision is to rid the city of schoolteachers and transit workers and suchlike trash, making it safe for decent suburbanites in their cars.

Just business as usual around here.

I think the US was ahead of us in the gays governing area - haven't there been a couple of state governors who were confirmed bachelor types?

The only gay governor I know of was Mc Greevey of New Jersey, a classic closet case. His comingout was his resignation in a blackmail scandal. He was, predictably, not a bachelor but a most public family man. Very Allen Drury. Rumors have circulated for decades about Jerry Brown and about Mayor Koch, but nothing has ever come of them. Highestranking openly gay elected official is currently Senator Tammy Baldwin of Minnesota.

Maybe we are cycling back in history to when the sex preferences of rulers were just a detail, and insignificant compared to how well or badly they could rule. Look at Britain. even before the Norman Conquest, King Edward the Confessor had nothing to confess about regarding women. The Conqueror's son Rufus flatly refused even to get married (this did not annoy his biographers nearly so much as his atheism).Richard the Lionheart had to be dragged to the altar by his mother, avoided his wife (the most beautiful princess in Europe) as much as he could, there is no reason to believe the marriage was ever consummated. Edward II disastrously loved his Piers more than his queen, Richard II, a premature Romantic aesthete, appears to have been asexual. James the 6th and 1st obviously preferred boys to girls. And he gave us the King James Version, a glory of literature. None of these were great kings by any measure, but the ones who did not get assassinated were no worse than their overcompensating hetero progenitors and successors.

England's greatest monarch was, of course, the Virgin Queen.

deleted because of screwed up software

sigh...

The IPB folks call it an update...

They just don't get it--that non-geeks don't like having to learn basic commands and workarounds all over again with each change.

Michael

What? You didn't say, "Thank God"?

--Brant

thank God

Premier Kathy is just your average openly-gay granny. Her opponents next election time will be Unwed Mother Andrea, and Tiny Tory Tim representing traditional family values, a wannabe Reagan minus the charm and speechwriters.

Here's a mildly-glamourized gay grandma pic of Kathy Wynne, leader of the Liberal party, soon to be premier.

Vqj2.jpeg

From Wynne's little-known Vegas heyday; never wore makeup, never needed it. The mark of a true babe:

Vx6K.jpeg,

From Wynne's little-known Vegas heyday; never wore makeup, never needed it. The mark of a true babe:

Vx6K.jpeg,

Wow!!! Kathy Wynne,...what a knock-out!

Has she been on Ru Paul's drag show??

I think I'd like to ask the Lady out (Kathy, not Ru Paul...well, on second thought....).

Actually this androgyny thing has me all confused, Like, if I'm on a date with her/them/whatever, - exactly what is it that I'm supposed to do?? If she (hypothetically speaking, of course! - My whole life has been hypothetical, sort of) is a lesbian, should I be in drag? And if I was, wouldn't she be,, er, rather disappointed seeing me later, sans clothes? If its with a gay guy, should I look straight, or CD? But, if I'm en femme, wouldn't that cause confusion all around?And once thet see what they are getting, I'm afraid that that might cause anyone to become celibate. Haven't got the straight role down yet, so trying to become "ecumenical" (so to speak) is just too stressful.

I'd probably have a stroke just trying to figure out the next move. Too much excitement (or confusion) is not healthy for someone my age. Guess I'd have to sit this one out,. the story of my life, a wallflower at the orgy!

Well, at least I can enjoy watching movies of those so athletically/erotically inclined. You know, those rated R (okay, PG-13).