New beta version of Randex

Joe,

This site is a glorified RSS feed. You can easily set up something similar with Google News. Just plug in keywords like "Ayn Rand," "Objectivism," and so on. Then you will get a regular feed of news about Rand and Rand-related stuff. There are other easy similar things you can do for blogs, social media and forums.

The guy who runs Randex is a jerk, though.

Kat once grabbed the RSS feed from his site and put it on OL. He wrote to her to tell her to take it off because apparently we don't represent the orthodox view of Objectivism.

I could have been a bigger jerk back then and made him remove his RSS capability for us to remove it here. Why would I do that? Because when you provide an RSS button, you automatically invite the public to run that content elsewhere--at least in the form the RSS feed provides.

But I thought why bother? I don't like dealing with jerks.

In fact, to go one step further, I prefer it if certain people say bad things about me. Imagine if they said good things. Some people would confuse my message with theirs.

Michael

Joe,

LOL...

I did better. I put the URL in code tags so he won't get the backlink from OL.

No link juice from us.

:smile:

Besides, it took me all of 10 minutes to write my post. I don't want to delete all that hard effort. :smile:

Michael

Nice. Now that's why, among other things, you're OL's consigliere.

-Joe