How NOT to be an Objectivist parent

During one of my many perusals of the internet in search of Objectivish parenting information, I came across this article. It's quite old (2011), so I'm not sure how I've never found it before. In any case, it's a great example of:

• How NOT to be an Objectivist parent
  • How being a douche in the name of Ayn Rand makes schmucks of us all
  • How horribly misrepresented Objectivism can be and often is

I think I have seen this story before. Ayn Rand was not really the problem, although some of her dicta did not help this poor girl. That man would have been just as rotten a father if he had been a Fundamentalist Christian or a scientologist or anything else he could have leaned on to rationalize his own sociopathy. That is the danger, that the more popular an ideology becomes, the more jerks are attracted to it.

Or maybe juxtapose Rand's own faves, the crucifixion one and the naked woman with her face.

Hmmm, modern merging of the bait and switch...excellent!

Here's the original thread:

http://www.objectivistliving.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10439&p=131968

The author got noticed for something else subsequently:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/alyssa-bereznaks-gizmodo-article

Desperate for attention, ya think?

9701396.jpg

That is an interesting graphic .... Ellen, are you looking for cover art?

No, but if I were I wouldn't use that.

Or maybe juxtapose Rand's own faves, the crucifixion one and the naked woman with her face.

The Christology echoes keep coming.

One of Capuletti's paintings was called "The Temptations of Don Diego." I searched all the sources I could find which have photos of Capuletti's work, but I couldn't find a photo of this one:

A painter, back to the viewer, has as his model a woman, clothed, but pulling open the bodice of her dress to expose her breasts. The painter is painting an ornately curlicued cross-like figure.

Ellen

That is an interesting graphic .... Ellen, are you looking for cover art?

No, but if I were I wouldn't use that.

The Christology echoes keep coming.

One of Capuletti's paintings was called "The Temptations of Don Diego." I searched all the sources I could find which have photos of Capuletti's work, but I couldn't find a photo of this one:

A painter, back to the viewer, has as his model a woman, clothed, but pulling open the bodice of her dress to expose her breasts. The painter is painting an ornately curlicued cross-like figure.

Ellen

Is this a coded pass play?

Otherwise, us grunts just want to see a sceen right against a strongside blitz...????

Is this a coded pass play?

Otherwise, us grunts just want to see a sceen right against a strongside blitz...????

I haven't the foggiest what that means.

Ellen

Understandable...

Essentially, stratesically, the offense would take advantage of the defense which would totally commit its defenders to your offensive right side...

therefore, there would be a "void" to your offensive right, and, therefore, you would pass right as your linemen allowed the defenders to penetrate towards you, the quarterback, as they exposed themselves to your right...

Got it?

Got it?

Um, no. I figured it had something to do with football, but I still don't get it.

Maybe it's coded language for, What are Carol and I talking about?

I'll let her explain, if she wants to. Should be interesting to see how she'd do that, since I think she still hasn't learned the simple procedure of copy/pasting a URL.

Te-he

E-

Got it?

Um, no. I figured it had something to do with football, but I still don't get it.

Maybe it's coded language for, What are Carol and I talking about?

I'll let her explain, if she wants to. Should be interesting to see how she'd do that, since I think she still hasn't learned the simple procedure of copy/pasting a URL.

Te-he

E-

I have to be insane to have the confidence to attempt to explain football to intelligent women!!

Here's the original thread:

http://www.objectivistliving.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10439&p=131968

The author got noticed for something else subsequently:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/alyssa-bereznaks-gizmodo-article

Desperate for attention, ya think?

Ah yes it was quite entertaining to find that she is, indeed, her father's daughter.