Biddle in Battle!

Victor Pross

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ted,

Of the present factions where you are currently active, at least of the spin-offs from SoloHQ (SOLOP, RoR and OL), not one site owner ever posted on Kirez Korgan's list to my knowledge.

Also, you might find this list of links of some other Objectivist e-mail lists (Paul Vixie, MDOP, etc.) that were around back then interesting (the page says it was last updated in 1995). There also was something called Fort Freedom, a bulletin board system apparently started in the 80's. Brant Gaede (who now posts on OL) was a very active member of that list, so he could probably tell you a lot more.

It might be interesting to do some research on this later. It could make some interesting history.

(Sorry to insist. I hate to be picky like that, but I have a thing about precision.)

Michael

Peri,

Don't knock that little honey. She does better than most in life.

The average Naked Mole-Rat colony is one female and 300 males, so naked definitely does have some advantages, depending on who you are...

:)

Michael

One female to 300 males...man, I'll have to rethink all this... ;-)

As to the great tit debate: It's Victor's art, and if that's what he wanted to express, ok. If I were the artist, I might have drawn her in a cheerleader outfit. But I won't because 1) If I'm feeling creative it's ususally in the verbal sphere and 2) I can't draw to save my life.

Honestly, I didn't even notice the unclad Diana when I first glanced at the picture. I'm not sure what the intent of featuring her unclad was (and I haven't read every post in this thread thoroughly; Victor might have already explained it), but an artist is free to express himself as he sees fit. I hardly think he's a psychotic. But then, some folks are prone to hyperbole...and I can understand the concern of some people here that the nude might take away from the impact of his artistic statement. But the creator creates...

And now: Shout out to Angie, to whom I have not responded since she so politely introduced herself to me. It's possible that I may have posted to the Objectivist Online Forum; but if I did, I don't recall doing so. I've posted to quite a few boards in my day, not all of them having to do with Objectivism. I have posted to literature and music boards, as well. Maybe you ran across me in some other sphere? Or maybe I have a doppelganger running around! :-)

Victor, I'm certain your Bukowski is worth every penny and then some. Maybe if I start saving up for it now, I can buy it in a few years....sorry Michael, I can't buy it right away... :(

In Post #40 Ted Keer wrote: "So-called objectivists refusing to walk on the same side of the street as other so-called objectivists reminds me of the behavior of middle-school cliques, trotskites vs leninist marxists, and certain messianic Jewish sects found in Brooklyn. I belong to all three lists, and annoy and am annoyed by, and enjoy and am enjoyed by just as many on each."

This states it just about as well as you can. Having three similar-type discussion groups is rather sad, and something of a time waster. I favor unity and civility, combined with zero censorship and excommunications. This doesn't seem to be such a difficult recipe to whip up, but maybe I'm wrong... :geek:

Hi Peri,

I think you like my stuff, and thank you for that. I won't be long before Kat [or myself] posts a thread featuring some celeb caricature art --where no breasts appear at all, however I do have a painting of John Lennon's penis and Yoko Ono's ass [if Kat dares post it]. :thumbsup:

Victor

Hi Peri,

I think you like my stuff, and thank you for that. I won't be long before Kat [or myself] posts a thread featuring some celeb caricature art --where no breasts appear at all, however I do have a painting of John Lennon's penis and Yoko Ono's ass [if Kat dares post it]. :thumbsup:

Victor

Victor, you keep impressing the heck out of me! I am a HUGE Beatles/John Lennon Fan! Please, pretty please Kat, post it, post it! Post it, post it! And yeah, Victor, I DO like your stuff! :cool:

Victor, you keep impressing the heck out of me! I am a HUGE Beatles/John Lennon Fan! Please, pretty please Kat, post it, post it! Post it, post it! And yeah, Victor, I DO like your stuff! :cool:

Beatles fan? So is Kat.

Kat, the people have spoken! :turned:

Edited by Victor Pross

Mike,

I only started posting when Princess Diana died, the Summer of '97, I believe. A lot of people were saying how great it was that the "parasite" was gone, I expressed my disgust at their self-congratulatory Schadenfreude. As to the pricipals, no, Lindsay Perigo was not posting there on Korgan's list. But Cathcart, Elliot, Mertz, and Reed, as well as Dwyer, and others now on RoR and many here were posting on the Cornell list. As they would say on the Simpsons, my only response now would be "Meh."

Ted

Well, Angie, if I had been depicted in Victor's cartoon instead of Diana, I'd've asked Victor if I could buy the original! I'd've thought it very funny. (No, this is not an invite for Victor to do a caricature of me!) This is the first time I thought to consider it from this perspective.

--Brant

Brant,

I'm happy that I was able to offer you a different perspective of it. :) Funny enough, Victor offered to do one of me. And after thinking about it, yeah, I definitely wouldn't mind. It would be rather comical. post-91-1161198800.gif

Although, I've told him I wouldn't mind his doing one that is more realistic of who I truly am and he knows me pretty well I think but that will be way later in the future as Victor and I will talk more in depth later as to the context of it.

Angie

Edited by CNA

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

The original caricature has been altered and the nude intruder has been removed. The artist agreed that she was detracting from the message too much and that the message was much too important to let this happen.

Permission to copy and distribute it electronically has been granted as given in the note to the caricature.

Victor, I'm glad you removed Hseih from your caricature. Despite Dragonfly's insistence that I disliked it because of prudishness. I think you understood my reasons. But I have another problem. I'd appreciate it if you'd remove the quote from me, because as it stands, without the context, no one can have any idea what I'm referring to, and my statement comes across as totally arbitrary. Thanks.

Barbara

Barbara,

The quote was changed to one from Biddle himself. You were right about your quote sounding arbitrary, since the present intention is to allow this to be posted on sites where the present OL context will not be available. The quote and caricature will not make much sense out of the blue. Good call. For the record, your quote was as follows:

If Lindsay Perigo does not denounce Craig Biddle and the members of Solo who support his recommendations, and if ARI does not denounce The Objective Standard, (which is published and edited by Craig Biddle, and which numbers among its writers Andrew Bernstein, Yaron Brook, Alex Epstein, and David Harriman) they should be shunned and avoided just as lepers once were shunned and avoided. These people are the lepers of Objectivism.

Michael