I know how Hamas can win. Its a nightmare!

BaalChatzaf

I had a bad dream yesterday. It went like this. Hamas pledged to keep on throwing rockets at Israel (they have an infinite supply, in effect). The pledged to keep on firing until they are all dead. They also planned, per usual, to set up their firing positions behind cribs, baby carriages, women's skirts and hospital beds. They defied the Israelis to kill them all in spite of the collateral damage they were setting up. They boldly declared the the Israelis have not got the guts to kill the civilians to get to the Rocketeers.

Here is the nightmare part. The Israelis blinked! They could not bring themselves to meet the Hamas challenge. In short, their decency is their undoing. Jews will loose a battle like this because they cannot descend to the evil of their foes.

I hope I am mistaken about this scenario.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I had a bad dream yesterday. It went like this. Hamas pledged to keep on throwing rockets at Israel (they have an infinite supply, in effect). The pledged to keep on firing until they are all dead. They also planned, per usual, to set up their firing positions behind cribs, baby carriages, women's skirts and hospital beds. They defied the Israelis to kill them all in spite of the collateral damage they were setting up. They boldly declared the the Israelis have not got the guts to kill the civilians to get to the Rocketeers.

Here is the nightmare part. The Israelis blinked! They could not bring themselves to meet the Hamas challenge. In short, their decency is their undoing. Jews will loose a battle like this because they cannot descend to the evil of their foes.

I hope I am mistaken about this scenario.

Ba'al Chatzaf

You are. Hamas doesn't intend to win; war is its business. Hamas may not consciously know this.

--Brant

substitute rational thought for "nightmare"--if the U.S. could fire and atomic bomb Japanese cities in WWII Jews can do less, will if they have to--way of the world

Hamas doesn't intend to win; war is its business. Hamas may not consciously know this.

Brant,

I don't agree. I think the intent of Hamas is the destruction of Israel, ethnic cleansing--or as much as they can get away with, and after that, integration with a caliphate.

From what I have seen, these goals are non-negotiable and have been all the way down to the roots of Hamas.

War is a means to achieve this for them, not an end in itself. Lying, too. Aiming for a pile of dead bodies of their own children for propaganda effect, too. And all manner of bad-guy stuff. These are not good people unless you share their goals and obey their dogmas. And even then, there is a lot of ruling by hatred and fear...

Michael

Michael, I was speaking of the bigger picture. First the Jews then Muslims not of their sect then whomever is left over. They won't stop until they are stopped. It's nonsense, of course. They need to be destroyed. They probably see paradise ahead--at the end--just like theorectical communists once saw the withering away of the state. The idea is to hurry it all along. Anybody in the way, real or imagined, kill them. These utopian fantasies all have a monotheistic religious root rejected by Jews--not all Jews, generally (see the likes of Marx), who withdraw unto themselves ("Next year in Jerusalem?"), but once embraced by Christian fanatics and now Muslim. It washes back and forth across many centuries. Now the Christians are the jejune force represented by essentially secular states which haven't got their wits about them ("War on Terror"). The Jews do a better job for they are fighting for their lives in Israel, a Jewish state albeit with a strong secular twist, but there aren't enough Jews relative to the broader problem. The jihadists will be stopped. There aren't enough virgins in paradise. They have a gross technology disadvantage. The only question is how much damage will they do first? Unlike Hitler's Germany (1936-1939), they aren't building themselves up into a virtually unstoppable force, but the contrary.

I think the official America bias should shift even more strongly to Israel. How much should stick its head above water is a tactical question. (This does not likely mean more material aid--maybe less.)

--Brant

The issue (for me) is do the Israelis have the balls to wipe out Gaza if that is the only way to stop the bombings. I fear that the Israelis do not have the stomach for it. Israelis are very tough fighters but they do not have the spleen and stomach to be mass killers. Jewish decency and morality will be the undoing of the Jews.

Ba'al Chatzaf

The issue (for me) is do the Israelis have the balls to wipe out Gaza if that is the only way to stop the bombings. I fear that the Israelis do not have the stomach for it. Israelis are very tough fighters but they do not have the spleen and stomach to be mass killers. Jewish decency and morality will be the undoing of the Jews.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Mass killings not required. Who's bringing that up? Jeez.

--Brant

Ba'al Chatzaf

Mass killings not required. Who's bringing that up? Jeez.

--Brant

The Hamas Rocketeers set up their launching positions behind cribs, baby carriages, hospital beds and women's skirts. To kill a Hamas Rocketeer you have to kill several civilians. To wipe out all the Hamas Rocketeers and good part of the population of Gaza will be killed and many others will be afflicted with lack of water, diseases from waste water (the sewerage plant was destroyed the other day). The butcher's bill will be very high. On top of that the Israelis will have to occupy Gaza which is very expensive and dangerous for IDF troops (urban warfare is the worst kind, unless the city area is carpet bombed).

You are not talking about "mass killings." There are not going to be massive or mass killings in Gaza of the civilian population. You are mixing up the discriminate with the indiscriminate, and likely the accidental and collateral. I've yet to read about a war with no collateral damage. There is no such thing. The killings, regardless, are all on Hamas. Hamas made this war and the Israelies will end it. It's like bank robbery in my state--and likely other states--of Arizona. You and your buddy rob a bank and your buddy is killed by the police. You get to be charged with your buddy's murder. For the police it's only a justifiable homocide. You get hit with the immorality and illegality of it all--all of it--just where it belongs. And if the police accidentally kill a bank customer, you'll likely get that one too. Murder(s) in the first-degree.

--Brant

Sound familiar? In Atlas Shrugged, Hank Rearden was also controlled by his own virtue. You brought up a very relevant principle. In Gaza, there is no such thing as an "innocent civilian" when those "innocent civilians" let terrorists store munitions in their homes, schools, and hospitals, and let them shoot missiles off the roofs of their own buildings.

This complicity is immoral... and is just as evil as the actions of the Islamic fascists.

It is my hope that Israel gets downright medieval on the jewhaters.

The world already hates the Jews no matter what they do.

Fuk 'em.

Greg