Is There A Hebrew Race And An Arab Race, Or, Are They The Same Race?

Selene

Just following my Barrista's advice and discussing race....

Here is an article from The Jewish Daily Forward from May 2012:

In his new book, “Legacy: A Genetic History of the Jewish People,” Harry Ostrer, a medical geneticist and professor at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York, claims that Jews are different, and the differences are not just skin deep. Jews exhibit, he writes, a distinctive genetic signature. Considering that the Nazis tried to exterminate Jews based on their supposed racial distinctiveness, such a conclusion might be a cause for concern. But Ostrer sees it as central to Jewish identity.

He notes quickly that:

“Who is a Jew?” has been a poignant question for Jews throughout our history. It evokes a complex tapestry of Jewish identity made up of different strains of religious beliefs, cultural practices and blood ties to ancient Palestine and modern Israel. But the question, with its echoes of genetic determinism, also has a dark side.

With the marxist media mantra monotonously marching forward with the racism narrative, I wondered how Bibi was so clearly a racist?

http://forward.com/articles/155742/jews-are-a-race-genes-reveal/?p=all

A...

Just following my Barrista's advice and discussing race....

Here is an article from The Jewish Daily Forward from May 2012:

In his new book, “Legacy: A Genetic History of the Jewish People,” Harry Ostrer, a medical geneticist and professor at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York, claims that Jews are different, and the differences are not just skin deep. Jews exhibit, he writes, a distinctive genetic signature. Considering that the Nazis tried to exterminate Jews based on their supposed racial distinctiveness, such a conclusion might be a cause for concern. But Ostrer sees it as central to Jewish identity.

He notes quickly that:

“Who is a Jew?” has been a poignant question for Jews throughout our history. It evokes a complex tapestry of Jewish identity made up of different strains of religious beliefs, cultural practices and blood ties to ancient Palestine and modern Israel. But the question, with its echoes of genetic determinism, also has a dark side.

With the marxist media mantra monotonously marching forward with the racism narrative, I wondered how Bibi was so clearly a racist?

http://forward.com/articles/155742/jews-are-a-race-genes-reveal/?p=all

A...

Jews are a religious/cultural group. The constitute a people, an ethnos and a culture. But they are not a race. There are fair Jews, dark skinned Jews, Jews with African facial features and hair. Jews do not constitute a distinct Race. Among humans there is now only one race, the human race. About 30,000 years ago the nearest relative race to homo sapien went extinct. That was homo Neanderthal. We are the only race of the genus homo left on the planet.

Two people (one of each gender) are of the same race if they can breed, and produce an offspring which is itself capable of breeding. In principle any female and male could combine their egg and sperm and produce a viable human fetus..

The notion of race, in the biological sense (for humans) is bogus down to the ground floor.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob, how quaint..

Shall we all sing in a human race circle?

Jews do not constitute a distinct Race. Among humans there is now only one race, the human race. About 30,000 years ago the nearest relative race to homo sapien went extinct. That was homo Neanderthal. We are the only race of the genus homo left on the planet.

How come you only answered one part of the question?

A...

Bob, how quaint..

Shall we all sing in a human race circle?

Jews do not constitute a distinct Race. Among humans there is now only one race, the human race. About 30,000 years ago the nearest relative race to homo sapien went extinct. That was homo Neanderthal. We are the only race of the genus homo left on the planet.

How come you only answered one part of the question?

A...

That was the part that interested me.

In my work I have to interview people every day. One of the questions on the list is race. I don't ask the person in front of me directly what is your race.

Instead I ask: "If someone were to ask you 'what is your race?'what do you tell them?"

It is a thinly veiled attempt to remove myself from being the questioner.

I get all kinds of answers. Mostly they mention what country they were born or raised in. Sometimes they mention many.

Only once do I recall anyone saying "Human Race."

As we all ought to know by now inbreeding leads to homozygous recessive genes coming together and causing illness or disease, such as Tay

Sachs, which is usually fatal early in childhood, or Sickle Cell disease which can protect against Malaria on the one hand but also can

cause a severe anemia on the other hand.

It is best from a biological standpoint to procreate with another from a different gene pool in order to produce the healthiest offspring.

Of course these days it is possible to examine the genome of potential parents to discover a great number of possible disease causing

genetic abnormalities before deciding whether to go ahead and make a baby.

One solution to the Israeli Palestinian conflict would be for their children to meet, befriend, go to school together, perhaps to even fall in love with each other. That would present problems of its own but besides the fact that it is unlikely to generate any Romeo and Juliet

stories it might pose a threat to maintenance of the identities of either peoples

Today adherence to orthodox ritual led to deaths of seven siblings in a fire in Brooklyn because of the prohibition of lighting a flame on the Sabbath. Instead Orthodox use hotplates to cook or keep warm food overnight which in this case caused a fire from which only the mother and one child escaped, the father was not home. There was only one smoke detector found in the basement and none on the main or second floors which the the children were sleeping and succumbed to the smoke.

I think one can maintain a strong identity with one's religious roots without mindless perpetuation of meaningless rituals which supposedly accomplish that.

It is inconceivable to imagine how the survivors of this horrible tragedy will endure or cope with such a loss.

I think one can maintain a strong identity with one's religious roots without mindless perpetuation of meaningless rituals which supposedly accomplish that.

It is inconceivable to imagine how the survivors of this horrible tragedy will endure or cope with such a loss.

It can't be. It is ritual that carries the religion from one generation to the next. The Jewish writer Shalom Alechem (his pen name) once wrote: More than the Jews have kept the Sabbath, the Sabbath has kept the Jews. There is a lot of truth in that.

That is why I and my family celebrate Passover every year. Do I believe in miracles? I do not. If the Sea of Reeds parted for the Israelites it is because the Hamshin hot wind dried out the water so they could pass. I celebrate the end of slavery in Egypt, because it is about the end of slavery. And Jews are not the only ones. One of the things the white masters did was teach Christianity to their black slaves. The slaves immediately caught on to Moses and the Exodus from Egypt. Why? Because it was -THEIR- story too.

Go down Moses

To the Egypt Land

And tell old Pharo

Let my people go!

Ba'al Chatzaf

"It is ritual that carries the religion from one generation to the next."

Some rituals are utterly irrational and the cost of keeping the one about no flame should be lit during the Sabbath led to the death of seven Orthodox Jewish children.

Admittedly a functioning smoke alarm properly placed in the kitchen and the top of the stairs where the children were asleep might have enabled them to awaken and find their way out to safety. Egress should have been anticipated as well with education and fire drills!

Judaism will survive although the fate of Israel is uncertain given that it is surrounded by so many fanatics who strive to destroy it.

Have you read Ayaan Hirsi Ali's new book: Heretic. She also announced that she may try to convert to Judaism again.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Ayaan-Hirsi-Ali-says-Islam-by-Thomas-Farrell-Ayaan-Hirsi-Ali_Catholic_Fundamentalists_Islam-150322-826.html

gg