14 disgusting things you don't want to know about the food you eat (but probably should)

jts

"I kissed the pretty brown-eyed cow

Who gives us milk and cheese

I'm lying in my bedroom now\

with hoof-in-mouth disease"

Lol...you are so not well...

Why would anyone who likes cheese want to give it up? Cheese eaten in reasonable amounts does no harm.

Ba'al Chatzaf

If you had an inoperable tumor and you wanted to reverse it, where would you draw the line with a substance that promotes tumors?

I have been eating cheese for 76 of my 77 years. No tumors yet. A day without cheese is a day without wonderfulness.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I didn't say it causes tumors. Promoting tumors is not the same as causing tumors. Cheese might prevent a tumor from reversing.

There are many wonderful things besides cheese.

Amen. A slice of cheese, a sip of wine and thou, beside me in the wilderness....worth the odd benign polyp I would say.

Is it worth being paralyzed neck down from a spinal cord tumor in the neck? There is not much room between the spinal cord and the bone. What happens when the tumor tries to expand? Pressure on the spinal cord. What is the consequence of the pressure on the spinal cord? Paralysis neck down. I seem to have succeeded in stopping it from growing, I hope. But I want to reverse it, make it shrink and go away. If dairy products prevent autolysis, I must avoid dairy products.

Jerry, good grief I never once thought or meant, that cheese could cause such a calamitous condition. I was only joshing that the very slight possibility of cheese contributing to any health woes, was balanced by the certain enjoyment it would give.

All I know of tumours is that age itself slows their growth, which must be in your favour, and of course anything that further slows or shrinks them must be of first concern to you, I can understand how much of your life must necessarily revolve around this wretched health necessity. Please believe, I just try to divert your attention from it sometimes and if possible cheer you up.

Jerry, good grief I never once thought or meant, that cheese could cause such a calamitous condition. I was only joshing that the very slight possibility of cheese contributing to any health woes, was balanced by the certain enjoyment it would give.

All I know of tumours is that age itself slows their growth, which must be in your favour, and of course anything that further slows or shrinks them must be of first concern to you, I can understand how much of your life must necessarily revolve around this wretched health necessity. Please believe, I just try to divert your attention from it sometimes and if possible cheer you up.

I do not believe my spinal cord tumor was caused by simply dairy, altho that may have in a small way contributed. But dairy is one of many things that can contribute to preventing the tumor from being reversed. Tumors (at least some tumors) can be reversed. I know this for a fact because it has been done.

I seem to be immune to depression. I don't need sunshine to not be depressed, altho I like sunshine. I don't need to cycle 20 miles a day to not be depressed. Don't need antidepressants. Nothing depresses me. I can look at bad things and talk about bad things without being depressed. Maybe I'm some kind of freak.

My idea of how to beat a tumor (without cut poison burn).

scale.jpg

On one side (let's say the left side) are pro-tumor things. On the other side (the right side) are anti-tumor things. My idea is reduce or eliminate the pro-tumor things (this includes dairy and a great many other things) and maximize the anti-tumor things (mostly fruits and veggies and turmeric powder). It may be possible to get away with a few mildly pro-tumor things if one does enough powerfully anti-tumor things, but taking liberties is probably not the best thing to do. Then do a 40 day fast or whatever. If the scale is tipped enough in the correct direction, the tumor autolyzes during the fast.

I got rid of a foot tumor this way. Anti-tumor diet followed by a fast. The tumor vanished during the fast in perhaps a week. The foot tumor was trivial to get rid of. The spinal cord tumor is more difficult to get rid of.

2 MDs (Medical Deities) told me it can't be done. I figure if I succeed in beating the spinal cord tumor, I will have bragging rights.

Interesting. You eat healthy food and have a problem with your spinal chord. I eat shit and I don't have a problem with my spinal chord.

Most of my input is veggies, fruit, legumes and dairy. With a little bit of fish, less fowl and even less red meat.

Do far I have not had any life threatening disease except asthma, with which I have not been bothered for going on 30 years.

On the other hand I have had (in the past) bouts with clinical depression. So I conclude that it was caused by veggies or fruit or dairy or fish or fowl.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Interesting. You eat healthy food and have a problem with your spinal chord. I eat shit and I don't have a problem with my spinal chord.

Most of my input is veggies, fruit, legumes and dairy. With a little bit of fish, less fowl and even less red meat.

Do far I have not had any life threatening disease except asthma, with which I have not been bothered for going on 30 years.

On the other hand I have had (in the past) bouts with clinical depression. So I conclude that it was caused by veggies or fruit or dairy or fish or fowl.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Ba'al Chatzaf

As a clinical depression expert of sorts Baal, I can state authoritatively that diet does not affect it in any way.

Interesting. You eat healthy food and have a problem with your spinal chord.

What is your point? Do you have a point?

The spinal cord tumor developed while I was eating an extremely bad diet. I was deteriorating rapidly at the time. Since then I improved my diet and became stable. Do you want to draw a conclusion from those facts?

Many years ago the doctors did a dangerous experiment on me. They admitted it was dangerous and a document had to be signed so they wouldn't be sued if it went wrong. It involved sticking a needle in my spine. I don't know if that has anything to do with the spinal cord tumor or not.

How I got the tumor is mostly unclear. I used to do some really bad pro-tumor things. But now the focus is on beating it. Are you opposed to beating it?

Your former clinical depression probably was choice. See a dark cloud in every silver lining. Expect bad things on principle. Give up without a fight.

The spinal cord tumor developed while I was eating an extremely bad diet. I was deteriorating rapidly at the time. Since then I improved my diet and became stable. Do you want to draw a conclusion from those facts?

Many years ago the doctors did a dangerous experiment on me. They admitted it was dangerous and a document had to be signed so they wouldn't be sued if it went wrong. It involved sticking a needle in my spine. I don't know if that has anything to do with the spinal cord tumor or not.

How I got the tumor is mostly unclear. I used to do some really bad pro-tumor things. But now the focus is on beating it. Are you opposed to beating it?

Your former clinical depression probably was choice. See a dark cloud in every silver lining. Expect bad things on principle. Give up without a fight.

Jerry that is silly. Your tumour was not a choice and you never did anything bad or good, that we all here did not do more, and we never got any tumours. You seem to know nothing about the medical condition depression, which interferes with the brain connections and distorts the reasoning process, so you had better not talk about it.

Jerry that is silly. Your tumour was not a choice and you never did anything bad or good, that we all here did not do more, and we never got any tumours. You seem to know nothing about the medical condition depression, which interferes with the brain connections and distorts the reasoning process, so you had better not talk about it.

Life has some slight resemblance to a game of cards. It is a mixture of luck and skill. The luck factor in cards is you can be dealt a good hand or a bad hand or a part good part bad hand. But whatever hand you are dealt, good or bad, your job is to play it as well as you can. The luck factor in life is genes. Some people get a good set of genes, some a bad set, some a mixture of good and bad. Whatever genes one is born with, our job in life is to make the most of what we are dealt. Some people have such tough genes that they can burn the candle at both ends and in the middle and be as healthy as hell their whole life. Some people are born with bad genes and have to work like hell to be half ass healthy and still end up with a disease.

It is not genes alone. It is not lifestyle alone. It is both.

If diabetes is genes alone, then how do some people recover from diabetes? Did they change their genes? Check out Dr. Fuhrman.

If tumors are genes alone, then how do some people reverse tumors? Did they change their genes? Check out the video I posted about the woman who got rid of a tumor by a 24 day fast. Check out other examples of autolysis of a tumor by fasting.

I hope my tumor was a consequence of choices I made. If it was not, that means I have no control and that is bad. If it was a consequence of my choices, that is good, because it means maybe I can beat it.

About depression. I have zero first hand experience with depression. If I had that condition, I would search the internet for cases where someone had depression and beat it and learn how they beat it and try to learn causes. I would not accept deficiency of a drug as a cause of depression. I would search for doctors who had patients who beat depression and learn the ideas and theories and methods of these doctors. I would ignore all doctors who had only failures. I would go thru Blaylock's books and lectures again for info about depression, because he has huge knowledge about how the brain works and about brain diseases.

Yes. Maybe there is no real connection between what you eat and your physical conditions (within reasonable and sane limits of course). If you don't over eat and if you exercise, maybe your misfortune is just misfortune. Within reasonable limits diet is not that big a factor. Drinking, smoking and not exercising are more important.

Ba'al Chatzaf

jts, have you tried switching to a raw or mostly raw diet?

The meat thing, it's hard to say whether we need meat, or any food for that matter, but what we do know is that human beings have eaten meat and evolved certain traits to aid in hunting--so whether meat is optimal or not, we know it can't be bad because the human species has survived with it and is at least partially designed to eat it.

Have you looked into "weeds"? There are many plants that we classify as weeds because they mess up our lawns and gardens, but many of them are edible, and one reason they are so successful at reproducing is that their roots can grow much deeper than other plants, which helps them absorb nutrients that are not as abundant in the soil.

Humans have not evolved to eat cooked food, that is for sure. Our bodies are designed to digest raw foods, whether that is optimal or not, it definitely cannot be bad.

The most impressive thing I have read about a raw diet is the improvement of eye sight.

jts, have you tried switching to a raw or mostly raw diet?

The meat thing, it's hard to say whether we need meat, or any food for that matter, but what we do know is that human beings have eaten meat and evolved certain traits to aid in hunting--so whether meat is optimal or not, we know it can't be bad because the human species has survived with it and is at least partially designed to eat it.

Have you looked into "weeds"? There are many plants that we classify as weeds because they mess up our lawns and gardens, but many of them are edible, and one reason they are so successful at reproducing is that their roots can grow much deeper than other plants, which helps them absorb nutrients that are not as abundant in the soil.

Humans have not evolved to eat cooked food, that is for sure. Our bodies are designed to digest raw foods, whether that is optimal or not, it definitely cannot be bad.

The most impressive thing I have read about a raw diet is the improvement of eye sight.

Raw diet:

Been there, done that. That's old. Worked very well short term, not long term. I no longer believe in 100% raw. Most modern natural hygiene doctors don't believe in 100% raw.

Meat (and other animal source foods):

Apparently humans need some but not much. Vegan might work well short term. The NH-M2M (more about this below) revealed problems with 100% raw vegan. I saw a list of 'vegetarian' bodybuilders. When I looked at what they actually ate, not one was what I call vegetarian. The 80-10-10 has success stories (that are advertised), also has failures (that you need to look harder for). What works well short term (weeks, months) does not necessarily work well long term. Old time natural hygiene doctors (Trall, Shelton) believed 100% vegan is the ideal (tho Shelton didn't practise it for himself), but starting with Dr. Cursio, about half of them say animal source food is necessary. The vegsource people are holdouts and they seem to be doing very well, but maybe some day the truth will come out. The fact that they need to supplement with B12 suggests that something is wrong with strict vegan.

Weeds:

I am limited to what is available to me. I eat lots of greens. Among my favorites (when I can get them) are gai lan and sum choi.

Cooked food:

Dr. McDougall comes up with evidence that humans are physiologically starchivores. We seem to be adapted to get most of our calories from starch (potatoes, rice, millet, etc). We have more quantity of starch splitting enzymes than chimps. This suggests to me that we evolved to eat cooked food. This does not mean that we should not eat a lot of raw food.

Eye sight:

If the rest of me was as good as my eye sight, I would be royally pleased.

NH-M2M:

A long distance runner and publisher named Ward started the NH-M2M, Natural Hygiene Many to Many. It was a snail mail version of a discussion website like OL. Participants (including me) sent stuff to Ward and he put it all together and made copies and sent a package to everybody. Each issue he had a suggested topic and wrote a bunch of stuff about the suggested topic and invited us to write about the suggested topic but we were allowed to write about anything. Ward started the NH-M2M because he had his personal problems and he wanted to talk shop with selected participants. Much was revealed in the NH-M2M. Briefly, the usual pattern seemed to be if you follow the advice of guys like Shelton and Fry strictly, you get great short term success but long term failure. The great, maybe even spectacular, short term success leads you to think it's a great way to live.

I suspect that it was NH-M2M that led to the creation of http://www.beyondveg.com/

from HMS:
We have previously pointed out that a series of individuals, perhaps even of ages, are required for the full development and culmination of a great thought. Each individual and each age provides further light and truth, while man labors through indefinite time for the perfection of a science. Each event is the term of a series; the present is the summation of the past, which is still to be added to in the future. It was inescapable that at its origin (or rather, its revival) in the last century, Hygiene should have had many imperfections. It is certainly true that at its present stage of evolution it shall have imperfections still.

Translation of that last quote:

Only actual scientific study can prove a theory through scientific methods.

Or if I can't do it that way, if I collect enough anecdotal evidence, I might luck out.

Theories are never proven true. They can, however, be proven false.

Ba'al Chatzaf