Unity Temple, Oak Park IL

Reidy

So, sir, do you know whether your life has unfolded better than Jonathan's or not, or does that require finding out the particulars of how his life has unfolded?

And concerning God:

He made specific conditional promises...

...and anyone who fulfills their moral responsibility to honorably uphold their part in those promises is alreadyenjoying God's blessings in their life...

...regardless of whether or not they "believe" in God.

Contrary to popular opinion, God doesn't need our belief. Doing what's morally right isn't for His sake... it's for ourown good.

Good for you. I wonder, however, how you take "believeth in me" of John 3:16.

Whenever there is an obvious difference between subjective views, that difference is a natural result of each person living by different moral standards.

This is hard to credit. If you say "this room is too hot" or "this spaghetti needs salt" and I say "no, it's just right as it is", we have an obvious difference between subjective views, but I wonder what moral standards have to do with it.

Whenever there is an obvious difference between subjective views, that difference is a natural result of each person living by different moral standards.

This is hard to credit

...and I'm ok with that.

Your agreement (or disagreement) is not necessary to me, only to yourself. You're the one who experiences the consequences of your belief because you're the one who acts on it.

If you say "this room is too hot" or "this spaghetti needs salt" and I say "no, it's just right as it is", we have an obvious difference between subjective views, but I wonder what moral standards have to do with it.

Morality has nothing to do with the conversation you posed because it is a non moral issue.

Greg

This is like trying to talk nuclear strategy with Barbra Streisand.

Just give it up and let go of the fantasy... because the reality is that no one has the power to convince another person to change their chosen view.

Only the objective reality of the consequences you set into motion by your own actions possesses the power to do that.

Greg

This is like trying to talk nuclear strategy with Barbra Streisand.

Just give it up and let go of the fantasy... because the reality is that no one has the power to convince another person to change their chosen view.

Only the objective reality of the consequences you set into motion by your own actions possesses the power to do that.

Greg

You're preaching your book.

--Brant

A one note song. Hmmm? Greg when you agree with me you have said enough. But when you disagree it would be good to argue your point. I am not saying anyone is obligated to answer a question or to write an essay, and we know you are not an Objectivist but SOME expansion would be good.

After five days of drizzle the sun has peaked out today and it is 76 outside. Sumsumsummertime is back.

You might find this interesting. I usually put a can of beef bacon dog food out around 6pm for my gray fox but the buzzards have discovered it. Two days ago I saw a passle of them outside the window with three dominant, black, predator buzzards in the forefront polishing off my dollar a can dog food. Last night I chased them off with a fix net but they are still making passes over my back yard starting around three in the afternoon. I would prefer to not bring out the shotgun. Draw, you varmints!

A one note song. Hmmm? Greg when you agree with me you have said enough. But when you disagree it would be good to argue your point.

Why?

People don't change their view through mere words that appear on their monitor. That's what real life is for. The objective reality of life is what changes views, because it possesses the power of consequences.

After getting a few two by fours over the head, people change their view....

...and no one even needs to argue with them! :laugh:

Greg

A one note song. Hmmm? Greg when you agree with me you have said enough. But when you disagree it would be good to argue your point. I am not saying anyone is obligated to answer a question or to write an essay, and we know you are not an Objectivist but SOME expansion would be good.

After five days of drizzle the sun has peaked out today and it is 76 outside. Sumsumsummertime is back.

You might find this interesting. I usually put a can of beef bacon dog food out around 6pm for my gray fox but the buzzards have discovered it. Two days ago I saw a passle of them outside the window with three dominant, black, predator buzzards in the forefront polishing off my dollar a can dog food. Last night I chased them off with a fix net but they are still making passes over my back yard starting around three in the afternoon. I would prefer to not bring out the shotgun. Draw, you varmints!

I don't hesitate to shoot any varmints that try to usurp our food chain. I use low velocity 22's. They hardly make any noise and have an effect similar to a good quality air rifle.

Greg

You're preaching your book.

I'm just a bird that sings a one note song. :smile:

Greg

Play Music  

Johnny could only sing one note

And the note he sang was this

Ah, poor Johnny one note sang out with gusto

And just overlorded the place

Poor Johnny one note, yelled willy nilly

Until he was blue in the face

For holding one note was his ace

Couldn't hear the brass

Couldn't hear the drum

He was in a class, by himself, by gum

Poor Johnny one note got in Aida

Indeed a great chance to be brave

He took his one note, howled like the north wind

Brought forth wind that made critics rave

While Verdi turned round in his grave

Couldn't hear the flute

Or the big trombone

Every one was mute, Johnny stood alone

Cats and dogs stopped yapping

Lions in the zoo, all were jealous of Johnny's big trill

Thunder claps stopped clapping

Traffic ceased its roar

And they tell us Niagara stood still

He stopped the train whistles, boat whistles

Steam whistles, cop whistles, all whistles bowed to his skill

Sing Johnny one note, sing out with gusto

And just overwhelm all the crowd

Ah, so sing Johnny one note, out loud

Sing Johnny one note

Sing Johnny one note out loud

Read more: Ella Fitzgerald - Johnny One Note Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Johnny One Note" was written by Hart, Lorenz/rodgers, Richard.Read more: Ella Fitzgerald - Johnny One Note Lyrics | MetroLyrics