Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality Fanfic

A couple of weeks ago someone recommended I read this:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5782108/1/Harry_Potter_and_the_Methods_of_Rationality

I'm 20 chapters in and I gotta say this is probably the most interesting and hilarious work of fanfiction ever written.

It mentions Atlas Shrugged and Objectivism at some point towards the beginning of the story. While the author avatar doesn't seem to agree with Objectivism, he nonetheless points out that there are people out there who would benefit greatly from adopting the philosophy.

I am hoping there will be more Harry Potter books and movies. Perhaps a series of prequels. A lot of the current Potter movies seem to be in the nineteen fifties to the seventies to me for some reason. I know the author is tired of Harry but perhaps a young female wizard could be invented, who lived in the 1930’s to 1940’s? Perhaps Harry's grandmother or mother or a completely unrelated character.

• 7 years later...
On 4/8/2014 at 2:30 PM, Peter said:

I am hoping there will be more Harry Potter books and movies. Perhaps a series of prequels. A lot of the current Potter movies seem to be in the nineteen fifties to the seventies to me for some reason. I know the author is tired of Harry but perhaps a young female wizard could be invented, who lived in the 1930’s to 1940’s? Perhaps Harry's grandmother or mother or a completely unrelated character.

amen.

whoops. I say again. I wish there was another Harry Poffer movie in the works. By golly the author could earn another billion dollars$#@!

Notes” A house-elf (sometimes also referred to as just elf) was a magical being which was immensely devoted and loyal to the one designated as their master. house-elves served wizards and witches and were usually found under the employment of old wizarding families taking residence in elaborate establishments, like mansions, and must do everything that their masters commanded unless they were freed. A house-elf could only be freed when their master presented them with clothes .

“Dobby likes Professor Dumbledore very much, sir, and is proud to keep his secrets and our silence for him.” - Dobby, ‘Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire’.

“Dobby hears things, sir, he is a house-elf, he goes all over the castle as he lights the fires and mops the floors.” “Dobby is a free house-elf and he can obey anyone he likes and Dobby will do whatever Harry Potter wants him to do!” - Dobby, 'Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets'.

“Such a beautiful place this is, to be with friends, Dobby feels joy for being with his friends, Harry Potter.” - Dobby, 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows'.“Harry Potter must hurry… They has his weezy…weezy who is giving Dobby this.”

Okay. I been thinkin’ about it. Who would play Harry Potter in a new movie? Or, should there simply be a new character in the lead? I suppose that would be up to J.K. Rowling. Oh, wait. There is a new movie in the works for 2022! “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.”