The Yellin Creature. Is this what runs our National Bank?

BaalChatzaf

Have a look at this: http://www.cnbc.com/id/101507068?__source=xfinity|mod&par=xfinity

Wait 15 seconds for the commercial to finish and listen to what an idiot Yellin is.

We are governed, not by the brightest and the best but by the basest and the stupidest.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Have a look at this: http://www.cnbc.com/id/101507068?__source=xfinity|mod&par=xfinity

Wait 15 seconds for the commercial to finish and listen to what an idiot Yellin is.

We are governed, not by the brightest and the best but by the basest and the stupidest.

Ba'al Chatzaf

When something called 'the economy' is overheating, because circulation is raging and people are creating 'too much' value, one of the tools of the Masters of the Universe is to raise interest rates, and try to rein 'it' in. It is all part of the brilliance of carrot and stick centrally planned command and control 'the economy' nudging.

When something called 'the economy' is staggering after decades of carrot and stick 'the economy' running, sometimes it is necessary to lower interest rates to run something called 'the economy.'

If years of this go by, and people start to doubt the wisdom or efficacy of 'the economy' running, a last resort is to do the thing one would do if something called 'the economy' really was recovering, and raise those interest rates. By seeing the sign of what would normally happen when economies were recovering, perhaps the Wizards of carrot and stick can convince something called 'the economy' that 'it' really is heating up. Get it off its knees. It sure beats actually doing what would be necessary to unleash it, which would involve firing a lot of wizard carrot and stick centrally planned command and control 'the economy' nudgers.

So the wizards give it a try; hey, lets -appear- to talk about 'it' as if 'it' really was showing signs of lighting up again...maybe we can trick 'it' into getting off the knees we've driven it to, without us having to actually give up the gig.

And what happens? The carcass carvers, who have been getting out in front of all this going nowhere printed funny money, in economies with endemic real high unemployment and suppressed wages and so, barely suppressed but still breaking out inflation, detect that the default landing zone of artificially inflated stock prices(the port of last call for inflation)is about to shut down, and so, being forward thinkers, attempt to get out from under the sell off first. Apparently, the opposite of the intended signal, which was, these things are taking off and the future looks great!

ANd with predictable results, after the rush and her blinking 'gulp, not so fast I didn't say when', scootched back up in case the box wasn't clearly defined..

Gee, these stick and carrot things used to work so well. Yellin needs to come up with some other way for her and hers to cling to the gig for another 15 minutes of wide eyed cluelessness. She's got two exclusive buttons and three possible states: increase, decrease, and one of which is do nothing. My Wrangler has more controls and yet is far easier to keep from driving over a cliff. .

Gee, these stick and carrot things used to work so well. Yellin needs to come up with some other way for her and hers to cling to the gig for another 15 minutes of wide eyed cluelessness. She's got two exclusive buttons and three possible states: increase, decrease, and one of which is do nothing. My Wrangler has more controls and yet is far easier to keep from driving over a cliff. .

Very witty.

Very witty.

Given that the purpose of the Federal Reserve is to harvest as much wealth as possible from both world governments and its citizens... I think Janet Yellen will do an excellent job as the sock puppet figurehead. The more idiotic yet hopeful and best wishing (Kantian) believer of Keynesian economics the better for their success.

For example, I don't think there's any possibility I could do her job. I'd be laughing too hard after each sentence... reminds me of that figurehead dad for the sandy hook massacre.

Yellen is quite effective at what she does. Link. :smile:

The link says, "Markets are back in positive territory Thursday morning." Regardless, fixed income (bonds, preferred stock, etc.) prices fell more on Thursday.

Merlin:

What is interesting about this blip in the narrative is, on one level, her hint at raising interest rates would be a sign that she gauged 'the economy' as on the mend, enough to hint at starting to remove the expensive crutches.

The explanation in the link is, 'the markets over-reacted' to her statement. The markets over-reacted to her hint that she thought 'the economy' was on the mend, enough to hint at starting to remove the expensive crutches, by selling off.

And then, after she extended her remarks with 'relax, I didn't say when, maybe never' the markets reversed, the blip healed itself.

This blip reveals the nothing holding up the current illusion. The markets are doing the only thing they can do in the modern unreality, which is, feverishly look for signs of the end of the artificial rain and get out of the way as fast as possible when it dries up. There is nothing else holding up the illusion. That is what this blip reveals.

How long you think it is possible to fuel economies with this brand of unreality?

Weeks? Months? Years? Decades? Centuries?

Clearly years. That's some carcass.

But it has been years; so how many more?

regards,

Fred

How long you think it is possible to fuel economies with this brand of unreality?

Weeks? Months? Years? Decades? Centuries?

Clearly years. That's some carcass.

But it has been years; so how many more?

regards,

Fred

Very difficult to predict. The longest bull market has been 12+ years (twice), the average 5+ years (link).