the fake obamafainter...

moralist

I'll be back on in about a week. Trying to converse here has been an exercise in futility and frustration, due to my lack of bandwidth. The pages load halfway, and I never get to the bottom, particularly on the pages with more than 2-3 comments. The only reason I can even post this is because it's 5 in the morning and most of the ship is asleep. But like I say... in a week or so, I'll be back in high-speed-lan-land. Talk to you guys then.

While you're gone we're gonna have a party!

--Brant

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a life KR must have. I always loved naval vessels, and was on the point of signing up for Royal Navy Officer training at 18. (Wouldn't have worked out with my old authority 'issues' - promote me directly from Midshipman to Commander of a Destroyer, or I'm history!)

What a life KR must have. I always loved naval vessels, and was on the point of signing up for Royal Navy Officer training at 18. (Wouldn't have worked out with my old authority 'issues' - promote me directly from Midshipman to Commander of a Destroyer, or I'm history!)

Being so bottled up with my crew mates is not my idea of fun. If you want to go into the military, the US Air Force is the overall best choice for Americans as long as you don't get stuck in a missile silo. You won't believe how soon you'll get over your love for naval vessels once you get on one and how much you'll love getting off it when you hit port, and with no Subic Bay port to hit any more, with all its dancing whores, even that's problematic.

--Brant

Two of my uncles joined the RCN in WWII. The younger one had "authority issues" and flounced, then joined the Merchant Navy . He neglected to notify the proper authorities however, causing a certain amount of grief back home while they did not know if he was alive or dead in the North Atlantic, and the Mounties were suspicious that he was hiding in the barn all the time.

They both survived the war. Uncle Albert stayed in the Navy till retirement. Uncle Joey came home, somehow exonerated, and continued to have a problem with authority.

I interviewed with Air Force JAG out of law school. The lieutenant colonel said my 200lb weight at 6' (I was in good shape) was "dangerously close" to their 215lb weight limit, and he complained that I wasn't entirely clean-shaven and didn't have a military-length haircut for the interview. It took every fiber of my being not to tell him to go eff himself. I'm thankful every day for that rejection letter. It would not have ended well - I don't like taking orders from idiots.

• 4 months later...

My my...he still uses this bullshit fainting meme, even in Connecticutt:

"By the way, I just noticed, if you've got chairs, feel free to sit down," President Obama said to a student audience in New Britain, Connecticut on Wednesday.

"I know the folks here don't have chairs," Obama said, pointing to the audience members in the front row.

"And if you're standing up, make sure to bend your knees so you don't faint," Obama instructed.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/03/05/obama_advises_audience_bend_your_knees_so_you_dont_faint.html

KR?

KR?

Kacy Ray, Bob.

One of our ex-posters on OL - he left in a huff I gather.

KR?

Kacy Ray, Bob.

One of our ex-posters on OL - he left in a huff I gather.

Yep. He magnified his huff by understating it.

--Brant

subtle technique