Kat

Are you looking?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What is your relationship status?

• Married
    • Co-habitating, Engaged or in a serious relationship
    • Dating someone special and want to take it to the next level
    • Recently broke up or in a stale relationship and want to move on
    • Actively seeking Mr. or Mrs. Right - FIX ME UP!!!
    • Just having fun, don't want to settle down...want to meet many people
    • Not interested or not ready to date right now. Happily single

Angie,

For the record, I am still going to complete my analysis of all the plagiarism that was done on OL. I was doing all this the hard way before, but now I have discovered some excellent tools. (Here's a really good free one, albeit there are limitations. Mahalo has a plagiarism detection tool that is extremely easy to install and use.) I am merely waiting for the bug to bite me again. It is very depressing to do that work and I need to brace myself before I dive in again. But ultimately I want my forum cleaned up.

Michael

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angie,

For the record, I am still going to complete my analysis of all the plagiarism that was done on OL. I was doing all this the hard way before, but now I have discovered some excellent tools. (Here's a really good free one, albeit there are limitations. Mahalo has a plagiarism detection tool that is extremely easy to install and use.) I am merely waiting for the bug to bite me again. It is very depressing to do that work and I need to brace myself before I dive in again. But ultimately I want my forum cleaned up.

Michael

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the Mahalo suggestion and will look into it. Mine doesn't have much to do with the plagiarism that I found in private emails. It has to do with much more dire circumstances towards me personally. It's unfortunate that I've already deleted two accounts on Flickr because he won't leave me alone, despite asking him numerous times to leave me alone and to move on which seems to be impossible for him to do. It's a pretty long story and will be writing you an email regarding it in a bit. It's just going to take me a bit of time to sit down and detail it out. I've already talked a little bit with Jonathan about what happened recently. Some of it I did not see but thankful a girlfriend of mine was watching his page very closely and was able to take screen shots of it as more proof before going to the authorities or FBI, if need be, in order to protect myself from him. But it deals with harassment, stalking, threats, attempted blackmail, etc.; some of which, to my understanding, would fall under what would be considered a terrorist act. He's made a few threats against me and even made a public admission of guilt that he wanted to hurt me in any possible way he could. Wow, which is extremely disturbing. He's already carried out 2 of his threats which I ultimately reported to Flickr and nothing was done until the very last minute when I had told them that I had already gone to the local authorities and they referred me to the FBI. As soon as they read that, they began to act and was done very quickly. Soon after this, I deleted my Cali account off of Flickr.

Of course, Flickr or Yahoo wouldn't appreciate it too much if they were also part of an investigation by the US govt. He has also posted some of my work without my permission which I have also made copyright infringement abuse reports to Yahoo. Some of it has been taken care of but the others are still slow going. I also reported the threats, etc., to his IP provider in an attempt to block him from ever having contact with me again on the internet anywhere. I'm thankful he does not know where I live any longer because I recently moved with no forwarding address as well as phone number changes, etc. I've moved on HAPPILY and THANFKULLY quite a many month ago away from him but he just can't get it through his head. He still rants and raves about the OL deal. It's really really disturbing and he's got some very very serious issues. I've been stalked before when I was very young but I think in this case it's one of the worst stalking ordeals I have ever had, especially when he makes death threats against me. I don't want to go into much detail about this as I have already done here in public but I did want to bring this to your attention as well as having it out in the open here on a public forum for my own selfish reasons and protection. As I ultimately did this as well on Flickr but then it was my last resort there because he kept up with his bullshit. Once I found out that the first threat was carried through, I was making abuse reports left and right and nothing was being done. Since nothing was being done, I went public with it on Flickr where Victor recieved one hell of a backlash from many on Flickr because I involved a few others, one being an individual that is very well known and was upset anyway with Victor because Victor did a caricature of him without his permission based on a photograph that this individual had taken. It's amazing to me after all the illegal crap Victor has pulled on Flickr and has been well documented that he is still allowed to participate on that site. Utterly amazing.

But anyway, Mike, I will be in touch with you soon regarding this, any avenues that I can take and so forth, considering I know you've already researched this quite a bit on your own. I also have a few other friends that either work for or are retired sheriff's, detectives, etc., who said they will help me as much as they can in pointing me in the right direction with this bullshit. As you said, it's a serious drag to have to deal with the bullshit of another and their psycho ways. Once you get peace and quiet for a bit, it's sometimes hard to pick it up where you left off with it. Unfortunately, some just can't move on and get over it. But I am hoping with the latest ordeal and how much it blew up and caused ripples on Flickr overall, how much backlash he received, it'll finally dawn on him to move on and leave all of this shit alone. Again, WOW, absolutley amazing stuff that has happened here on OL as well as the stuff recently perpetrated against me.

Again, Mike, I do sincerely apologize for posting this here on your site rather than keeping it strictly for private. I just wanted as I did on Flickr something posted in public view as to what he has done to me and tried to do to me in an attempt to offer some type of protection for myself in the way of the *public* knowing of his ill will towards me, something that has been documented in an attempt to deter him away from me once and for all because so many people would know and if he ever did do anything to me, people would know or have a strong suspicion it was him. I would understand that if you move this posting off of this thread because it doesn't have anything to do with the current thread. Again, I apologize for this and for such depressing news.

Angie

Edited by CNA

Angie,

You are on record and so be it. If anyone is curious or in doubt, you have made what you think very clear.

My suggestion is now leave it just as it is, take whatever precautions you need, and do other stuff.

:)

You are a beautiful woman with a beautiful son and a lot of fine living ahead of you. If you waste that time on fruitless endeavors, nobody can ever give it back to you.

Michael

Angie,

You are on record and so be it. If anyone is curious or in doubt, you have made what you think very clear.

My suggestion is now leave it just as it is, take whatever precautions you need, and do other stuff.

:)

You are a beautiful woman with a beautiful son and a lot of fine living ahead of you. If you waste that time on fruitless endeavors, nobody can ever give it back to you.

Michael

Thank you so much, Mike, and I agree. I will take whatever precautions, if necessary, and then once again will go on with my life as I had done after I broke it off. This time I am truly hoping he will finally move on and leave me alone.

Again, much appreciated, Mike.

Angie

Edited by CNA

Well, I've been with the same lady for 8 years and been married for 6. She hasn't kicked me out yet so I must be doing something right :) or maybe she just didn't shop around enough :lol: . Seriously, if more Objectivists would give the commitment thing a chance and give people a shot, they might find that it really suits them. One trait I've found common in adherents to Objectivism that's death to relationships is a peculiar unreality about romance and a prevalent inability to concretize what it means to be in a relationship. Not everything is always or sometimes mostly going to be the way you would draw it up. That's part of the challenge and most of the fun.

Jim

Edited by James Heaps-Nelson

CNA looks kind of cute. You shouldn't have much trouble.

Hahaha, I look kinda cute?!?! Well, thanks. :) I saw your post on another thread that I had started Romance Killers and will respond eventually I think. LOL Again late night and always busy doing something. Wow, to be honest, it's been a long time since I read that thread and it's rather comical re-reading it now.

I don't pay too much attention to dates.... :-P

.....so to speak. Heheee.

Jim; Good Post! Perhaps I should I add it is no surprise.

Be well!

Thanks, Chris! In many ways finding the right partner is an expected value problem. There are many people for almost everyone out there. The trick is to not pass up good opportunities simply because people have some imperfections. People should be realistic about what they hold up as dealbreakers.

Jim

There are millions of women in the world and I have met the one who couldn't be more perfect. What are the odds? Good luck to anybody who pursues their true love. :)
Victor,

Including dating, I'm 12 years in and still feel the same way. The last few weeks I have had to go out of town overnight a few times. You know the area-- I was working some long hours near Barrie. I still get butterflies with a sense of anticipation when I come home to see my wife. I'm sure you are experiencing that tenfold right now. A passion for life's potential is worth pursuing.

Angie and Victor, enjoy one another. There is nothing like the electricity of being there.

All the best,

Paul

Oh wow, Paul. I have only just read your post and was delighted to read that you still feel a sense of anticipation on seeing your wife after being away. This gives me a great deal of hope - my parents did not have a happy marriage and it's easy for me to presume that this has to be the case.

Fran

I am looking. I guess one of the good things about working freelance is that it doesn't matter too much where I live [the country's freedom being important, of course], I just wish the maximum limit that I can spend in one country (apart from EU countries) was unlimited, rather than 90 days. Although the internet is great for meeting new people, I think long-distance relationships are tough - I don't think you can ever really get to know someone without physically spending time with them, hence my disappointment with the 90-day limit.

That doesn't mean to say I'm not glad Mike and Kat have made it work :D

Hahaha, I look kinda cute?!?! Well, thanks. :) I saw your post on another thread that I had started Romance Killers and will respond eventually I think. LOL Again late night and always busy doing something. Wow, to be honest, it's been a long time since I read that thread and it's rather comical re-reading it now.

In that case go get in there and post something woman!. :-P

I don't have all day.

I don't have all day.

I'm holding this big thing up.....you know...it's metal and all. and I'm a thin man. The thing that hurts the most is that damned noodle inside! Damnde flying spaghetthi noodle! Evil that is!

I don't have all day.

I'm holding this big thing up.....you know...it's metal and all. and I'm a thin man. The thing that hurts the most is that damned noodle inside! Damnde flying spaghetthi noodle! Evil that is!

LOL, oh, man, I think woman is my new nickname. As of late, I've been called that a lot by quite a few and laughing even harder at it now. Well, RTB, for me, time is always an issue and have become exceptional at time management and multitasking. LOL But it's all good. But I do have a bit of a priority line up based on the time I am able to spend on each task. Man, being a single mom, one woman show, I'm always busy doing something and definitely not easy. I am sure many of the single moms here, past or present, know how difficult it can be to be a one woman show. I'll get in there eventually but not sure when. But I'll say this, RTB, I see you're a bit taken by me for some reason and I've always enjoyed observing when a man is smitten with a woman and how he goes about it, either through subtleties or in your face obvious. It does bring a smile to my face because it is cute to observe a man that is smitten with a woman either with me or another woman. I've seen it happen a few times here on OL not only directed at myself but with a few other women and it's always fun to watch. Thanks for the smiles !!!!!

Angie

Seee. This is always the way it is! The whole time I thought the rosiness in the cheeks was due to Christmas cheer, whether concocted or just plain jolly with some semi distant relation to Mr. Kringle.

Now I don't know what to do.....

Seee. This is always the way it is! The whole time I thought the rosiness in the cheeks was due to Christmas cheer, whether concocted or just plain jolly with some semi distant relation to Mr. Kringle.

LMAO, found yourself in a pickle now did ya?!?! :o ;) As much as you've been attempting to engage me as of late and the way you've been trying to engage me, it raised an eyebrow, no doubt, and that's why I said what I did. Am I related to Mr. Kringle, God DAMN, I hope not because if so I'm soon going to be having some serious unwanted physical issues that my girlish figure won't take too kindly too. :lol: Maybe it's attributable to the holiday cheer or maybe because of someone else, Uh??!! :D ;)

LMAO, found yourself in a pickle now did ya?!?! :o ;) As much as you've been attempting to engage me as of late and the way you've been trying to engage me, it raised an eyebrow, no doubt, and that's why I said what I did. Am I related to Mr. Kringle, God DAMN, I hope not because if so I'm soon going to be having some serious unwanted physical issues that my girlish figure won't take too kindly too. :lol: Maybe it's attributable to the holiday cheer or maybe because of someone else, Uh??!! :D ;)

Hey! Hey! Hey now. There's no reason to start bringing strange vegetables like pickles into this thing!

I was doing fine on my own!

CNA, despite all that's occurred, you might want to watch out for those

Little Arrows

"Here they come, pouring out of the blue ..."

LOL, obviously and quite a few are flyin' at me. oh, man. Amazing. Oy, what to do and how to dodge them perhaps?!?! LOL This reminds me of a wedding I had once gone to when the bride's bouquet was thrown. You know the typical girl thing is that most of the girls go clamoring for it, sometime fights break out because they want to be the next one to be married or whatever it is. I even have a picture of this and should post it if I can find it because it's quite funny. I didn't want to be in the little group of women waiting to catch it. BUT since it was a very dear cousin of mine whom I was very close, I didn't want to offend or disappoint her, especially on her wedding day. So I stood there but on the outskirts of the group waiting reluctantly for the flowers to be thrown. Well, it went up in the air and towards me. OY, of all people it had to be coming right at me. LOL Well, of course all the women go clamoring for it and I take off running in the opposite direction. Hell no, I didn't want to catch it. I was still pretty young. But they actually got a picture of it, flowers mid air, women all around with hands raised up in the air and me running in the opposite direction with a look on my face of, I'm outta here. LOL But the next wedding I went to, again came in my direction and this time caught it and sure as sh*t was married within a year. hehehehe Nah, no luck or fate, wanted to get married of course. But you are most correct that they are flyin'

CNA, despite all that's occurred, you might want to watch out for those

Little Arrows

"Here they come, pouring out of the blue ..."

LOL, obviously and quite a few are flyin' at me. oh, man. Amazing. Oy, what to do and how to dodge them perhaps?!?! LOL This reminds me of a wedding I had once gone to when the bride's bouquet was thrown. You know the typical girl thing is that most of the girls go clamoring for it, sometime fights break out because they want to be the next one to be married or whatever it is. I even have a picture of this and should post it if I can find it because it's quite funny. I didn't want to be in the little group of women waiting to catch it. BUT since it was a very dear cousin of mine whom I was very close, I didn't want to offend or disappoint her, especially on her wedding day. So I stood there but on the outskirts of the group waiting reluctantly for the flowers to be thrown. Well, it went up in the air and towards me. OY, of all people it had to be coming right at me. LOL Well, of course all the women go clamoring for it and I take off running in the opposite direction. Hell no, I didn't want to catch it. I was still pretty young. But they actually got a picture of it, flowers mid air, women all around with hands raised up in the air and me running in the opposite direction with a look on my face of, I'm outta here. LOL But the next wedding I went to, again came in my direction and this time caught it and sure as sh*t was married within a year. hehehehe Nah, no luck or fate, wanted to get married of course. But you are most correct that they are flyin'

Some women are harder to catch than the flowers..........and smell even lovlier.

• 1 year later...

Not actively looking, but I'm not against the idea either. Pretty sure I won't be running into anyone interesting where I live now.

Not actively looking, but I'm not against the idea either. Pretty sure I won't be running into anyone interesting where I live now.

Well, Diogenes lived in a barrel, but he still managed to meet all sorts of interesting people in the forum.

Waterhouse-Diogenes.jpg

Well, Diogenes lived in a barrel, but he still managed to meet all sorts of interesting people in the forum.

Waterhouse-Diogenes.jpg

I guarantee you that the people of Athens are more interesting than the people who live here.

Hmmm... Ok, here goes... I have never posted a dating ad nor ever looked at a dating site but I've just discovered Objectivist Living and am thinking 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'... I'm 42, Scottish and live in the North-East of England. I read Philosophy at university and there discovered Ayn Rand ( read 'Atlas' almost without stopping in a veritable 'flurry' of excitement! ). I'm single but looking for Ms Right; however, I profoundly believe that one's partner must reflect one's highest values and trying to find an Objectivist female - or even similar - is like seeking a clichéd needle in a haystack ( especially in the UK where Objectivism is essentially unknown ).

So, if you're interested in getting to know a Brit who's passionate and romantic yet intelligent and witty, literate and sensual, cereberal yet sexual I'd like you to get in touch. Sincerity and humour a must, 'looks' a very secondary extra... Get in touch to rescue an Objectivist from self-imposed 'loneliness' - not from sympathy but from self-interest!

Love awaits...

In hope...

• 6 months later...

I was checking out the online list and saw someone looking at this thread so started to read it again to get some laughs and the exchanges that went on here in this thread but skipping over some most important aspects that most here as well as myself don't want to rehash up. Can be easy to fall for someone that you think is who they are but in reality turns out that there was many other people's words encompassed into what you believe to be one person and then later find out that the person you've fallen for is actually not the person you knew but that of a few other people from their lifted works, not only caught here on OL but also caught through numerous personal emails as well. But hey, we all learn and radars are always up.

Finding a good man is not easy, no doubt, and still always on the look out but not actively pursuing it and definitely not in a position to even consider it at this point. Although do know of two but always so far away that would be suitable so always obstacles. Have thought about checking out some of the O'ist meet up groups in my area but I also am a bit weary and wondering are they Randroids or true independent thinkers that have successfully integrated the philosophy into their own lives. ARI is relatively close to me but man, not sure about the die hards that recite word for word what Ayn or others have said that sometimes attend those meetings and it may be like playing Russian Roulette. Yikes. But always many other avenues to pursue and look into.

As for internet and being an avenue to meet someone, yes, most definitely and hopefully their being honest with you from the get go and can base a good foundation of getting to know the person and creating the foundations for falling in love. BUT most important is to meet the person relatively soon to verify that what the person conveys to you through emails and that sort is truly how the person is in their daily lives. Despite what someone tells you through emails, considering they are being honest with you, your observations of their daily behaviors and their actions will either confirm that they are truly who they are making themselves out to be or that they don't live the values they claim to uphold through internet forums, personal emails, and such, and how you met them.

Although I do know many people that have met their partners, some who are now married, through the internet and are very happy. So I do not doubt this one bit and being able to fall in love through the net. BUT most definitely meeting them soon after you met them through the internet in person is of utmost importance rather than allowing months and months and months to pass by because seeing them in person is where a tremendous amount of information can be verified, their values, behaviors, and the like. Actions speak louder than words sometimes, especially if they are contradictory to each other. Just wanted to add my two cents so to speak and my own experiences with it. I hope everyone here that is actively looking or beginning to fall in love through internet communications truly finds the one they are hoping to find!!!

Angie

Edited by CNA