Love in Bloom

Victor Pross

There have been some rumors flying around that I am rather smitten with OL member Angie-- otherwise known as CNA. This is not the case. I wish to now put an end to these unsubstantiated rumors that I am infatuated with Angie. There is no truth whatsoever that I am smitten with this woman. You see, “smitten” is too weak a word. I have flat-out fallen in love with her!

Angie is the most beautiful women—inside and out—that I have ever come across in my life.

Angie is not my ideal woman. That is, it would have been impossible for me to project in my own mind everything that she is. The image of my ideal woman falls short to the reality that is Angie. She is much more than what I would allow myself to hope for. The image in my mind of the “ideal woman” does not do her justice. She is much more. I have been known to call her an “angel” and that is what she is: she ascends way above what I must now consider the poverty of my imagination. But I am compensated for this “lack of imagination” because, my God, Angie loves me right back. Now that’s truly ideal.

Angie and I “met” no place other than here on OL. We bantered back and forth for a while and then we started to communicate with each other in private email. We immediately connected and did so at an accelerated rate. It blew me away to discover how simpatico our values are. It was a definite case of visibility; it was a total “mirror image” that we both reflected.

The spiritual-intellectual-emotional connection has been great. That powerful connection’s voltage increased a thousand watts more when we spoke on the phone. It was a three hour conversation that seemed like a mere three minutes. Now, in not more than a mere month, we have become one [and the amazing thing here is that the both of us have retained our individuality!] :)

Our next step is to meet in the flesh. But I did want to now openly announce how we feel for each other, to put an end to the rumors, to now place it in the realm of fact. Angie, I adore you. I love you! Thank you for returning that love.

Victor

Edited by Victor Pross

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm truly and honestly at a complete loss for words. It is true that Victor and I have connected and romance is definitely in the air. Even though it's only been a short time, it was very sudden for me and it was bound to happen. We are so much alike on so many levels it truly is like looking in a mirror. I've never met anyone like him and probably never will again. I would be a fool to allow him to slip through my fingers. He exceeds everything I could ever want in a man. I have a tremendous amount of admiration and respect for him. He truly inspires me.

We've talked quite a bit through email over the last month or so and the connection was there immediately. Even when we spoke on the phone, I didn't want to let him go. We hit it off so well. There was nothing awkward about it. It was almost as if we had known each other for years. The conversation flowed very naturally as soon as we heard each other's voices. We were both completely at ease with each other.

I've found him entering my thoughts where ever I go now. I can't get enough of him. I want him. As the days have gone by, that connection we had in the beginning has turned into love. I can honestly say that I do love him. I love him for everything that he represents as to what a man is supposed to be. His online persona is so different in private. He is the most caring, most loving, most respectful man I have ever met. He is absolutely beautiful to me. And I'm still floored that he feels the same way I do.

This has been totally surreal for me. I sometimes feel as if I am in a dream and it can't be happening and that any moment I'm going to wake and realize it was just that -- a dream. But it's not. It's happening and it's happening to me. I never thought I would ever run across someone like Victor. It amazes me that out of all the places to meet my Mr. Right I found him here. He is everything that I could possbily want in a man. He exceeds everything that I could possibly want in a man.

You are breathtakingly beautiful to me, Honey. I do love you. I am so very excited and anxious to finally meet which will be very soon. From there, it will be one hell of an adventure. We're already like two teenagers together. You know what I'm talking about, "You hang up," "No, you hang up first," "No, you hang up," "Okay, we'll hang up together then." I thought that was adorable and precious. We truly bring out each other's sense of life even more and that is the Atlantis that is in both of us. I have no doubt that this will be a romantic love affair that will span a life time. I love you, Victor.

Angie

Tattooing is kind of passe', Victor. The west coast shifted over to the branding craze a few years back.

rde

Ride 'em, rope 'em, brand 'em, don't try to understand 'em ... --theme from "Rawhide"

C8-3078_c.jpg

I am very happy for you two. Here is your Love in Bloom bouquet.

This is a very exciting time and I hope it works out well for you both. Michael and I met and fell in love online and thank Galt we also hit it off in person. We were pretty shameless too, and drove people absolutely nuts. Long distance relationships can be very challenging so good luck getting

all the details sorted out so you can be together.

BTW - it is not tattoos or branding... it is microchips now. Sheesh... get with the program.

Victor and Angie sitting in a tree....

See ya in the kitchen,

Kat

Kat on a hot tin thread, huh? :)

Thanks, Kat. I don't think we would have met if it had not been for OL. Can you see people falling in love at SLOP? I don't think so.

There is a lot that I'm thankful for by being here. And I'm glad that you and Mike know talent when you come across it. hee-hee. Yep, a lot to be thankful for. But the grand-daddy is meeting Angie.

Hey, have you ever thought of opening an on-line dating service? :)

Edited by Victor Pross

Thank you, Kat, very much for the gorgeous flowers and for the warm wishes. That was very sweet of you. All the branding and tats and now you've got to bring up microchips. WOW There will be no microchips implanted in my ass or tats or brandings or those funky tribal lip or ear disk things. LOL That branding has got to seriously hurt though.

No, I never would have met Victor if it wasn't for OL or met anyone else that is here. I am grateful for that as I've made some dear friends here so thank you to both you and Mike. Honestly, after seeing what goes on in a lot of O'ist sites, I probably would have made a serious beeline out of the whole O'ist community deal and just went on living my life the way I have been. But thank you, Kat :D

Angie

Edited by CNA

Angie: You post first and then I’ll respond.”

Victor: No, you make the original post, and I’ll respond to it.”

Angie: No, you do it.

Victor: No, you.

It was rather comical when Angie and I decided to make an open announcement of our romance. We couldn’t agree, at first, who should initiate the first post. But of course, a good relationship is based on many things, including compromise.

So that’s why Angie thought I should start the first post. Hmmm. :o

Edited by Victor Pross

I'll tell a little story that might be warming. Angie will remember because I told her about it some time ago in correspondence. Side note: if you ever email with Angie, you'll notice how prolific she is. Let's just say that girl can really type fast --her output is staggering.

I have mixed view about first getting to know someone online before in-the-flesh. I think there is goodness to it, because you get to see the mind first and only. And, it's a safe haven for communicating. As long as both parties are completely honest/authentic, it's a good thing on the whole. But it's no insurance policy. I say that because I met my 2nd wife that way, and after 9 years, the marriage failed anyway. On the other hand, the Internet had a lot to do with who I'm with now, the love of my life, hands-down.

It was kind of funny how it happened with my ex. Back then, it was basically pre-web. At the time, there was a system called The Cleveland Freenet, which was the largest community computing system in the world, it was linked with something called CWRUNet (Case Western Reserve University). I had an account on there. Back then, it was bulletin board style. There were three literature boards. One was called Creative Writing, another called Poetry, a third called Critiques (that's where you critiqued things you saw on the other two boards). She is a writer of poetry, and I was, er, quite a bit more acetic than I am these days. I remember writing a review of one of her poems that started with "Another Hallmark moment by ---." I basically tore her a new one, and did that more than once. Then, I happened to meet her in person at a FreeNet gathering, and realized there was more to her than I thought. That's when I became acutely aware of the differences between online personnae and in-the-flesh. I was pretty sheepish.

Anyway, flash forward to the end of that stormy marriage. It ended, and I moved out. I took a week off work because of the trauma. I had just completed a large business project, and had enjoyed a very honest, straightforward relationship with a lady. We had never met, just email and phone, all pleasant. When I came off sabbatical (well, let's be honest--I cut loose and toured every drinking establishement in the city of Cleveland for about 72 hours; call it aberrant spiritual cleansing) there was an email awaiting me from this lady. She asked where I had been, she felt like she was "missing a friend." I told her what happened, how tore up I was, etc. She said something to the effect of "I've been there, you could write a book about my life, it was such a soap opera. If you need a neutral, safe person to talk to, I am willing to listen." And, it occurred to me that I surely did need that. I poured my heart out to her, and she gave me sage counsel.

During the course of this lengthy email exchange, we of course started sharing personal interests, etc. I told her about Nathaniel Branden, that I had done some work with him, and I had gotten to him because many years ago my life had totally changed because of reading a book called "Atlas Shrugged." She was dumbfounded! She wrote back "You are KIDDING! Atlas Shrugged is my very most favorite, favorite book! I have never talked to anyone that ever knew of it. I have several copies and I have read it at least five times!"

Now that , needless to say, tripped my trigger, and much dialogue ensued!

All I knew of her was that she was a business owner, and a good one. I asked her more about her interests, and as it turned out, she was also a very seasoned dancer (ballet, tap, and even belly dancing). Eventually, I coaxed her into sending me a picture of herself, which she was reluctant to do, for some odd reason. I waited two days or so for this, and finally pictures arrived-- ones of her dancing; tap, ballet. I was thoroughly taken. We decided that we both wanted to have a very high-level, platonic friendship. Very Objectivist-style. You know, art galleries, philosophical conversation, and such. She came out and saw my band play one night, that was the first in-person, it was brief, and cordial--she came with some of her dancer friends.

Then, we decided to get together for dinner, she drove up to my place. I still remember when she got out of the car (it was winter, she looked like a little snow bunny). I was captivated! On with the platonic. We went to a nice Italian place I've frequented for decades. We got out of the car... I was being very careful to not be forward and such, but she just put her arm around me like it was the most natural thing in the world. We dined, she told me her life story (quite the story, lemme tell ya!). We said goodbye and the end of the night, she pecked me on the cheek.

Well, I was in a total daze. I walked into my place and sat with my then-roomate (old friend). I was clearly unsettled in a good way.

After that, we went out a couple more times, and the fire started burning, hard. Lots of email in between, too.

Let's just say that the platonic thing didn't fly, it turned into full bore romance, despite our lofty attempts to confine ourselves to visits to the art gallery, botanical gardens, and such.

Now, we are together, and it's the best thing that ever happened to both of us.

So, you can see how I have kind of mixed feelings, but in the end a happy ending is a happy ending, so I can't really say much derogatory about Internet-started relationships, now, can I?

rde

\

Rich,

That is a beautiful love story, thanks so much for sharing it! I'm a big sap for happy endings.

Angie and I have actually talked about the “internet personality versus in-the-flesh personality” phenomenon. It was a concern at one point. We are not too worried about that any more. We are very serious about each other and are determined to make our relationship work.

However, I know what you are talking about. I have been on “blind dates” [not via the internet] where I have first talked with the prospective date on the phone and whereby the conversation was natural and fantastic…only to discover that there was no chemistry when we finally did meet. It is a little disheartening.

Angie and I are different. We have exchanged photos and have already spoken on the phone as well, plus numerous emails chats [to say the least]. We really do have a great sum of each other. Besides, Angie and I have great introspective skills and we are able to differentiate, say, infatuation from love—or a simple crush. We have spoke on this issue and it is a good point.

As I said in my post, our connection accelerated and took place at a break-neck speed. I have never—ever—felt such a strong connection with another human being. I believe Angie would report the same. She is one hell of a smart lady, and neither of us is going in blind. Hey, I have been “around the block” as they say; I have been in love before, have had crushes and have been merely physically attracted to women and the whole she-boom. I can say—with a great deal of objectivity—that Angie is Ms Right. She is the one and I am swooping down like a hawk to take what is rightfully mine. To speak in our favourite colloquial language: her ass is mine. :D

Victor

Ps

You are right, Angie is a prolific communicator. I love it.

Edited by Victor Pross

Right on, Mr. Pross, and of course my goodest bestest vibes are pointed at you guys.

It's funny when you really experience that strong feeling. I thought I knew something of it, but it was only glimpses and flashes until now. I had no clue, now I do!

My lady often tells me she swooped down and scooped me up. She said I wouldn't have stayed on the market long (dunno about that but I'll take it). I used to argue with her about whether she really did that but I kind of think she did.

You guys are too funny....yes, I can write a lot and the output can be staggering. And the interesting thing about all this is I can write more, a lot more. LOL But with time constraints, I can't triple my current output and productivity (hehehehehehe !!) as I have much to do in my life outside of talking someone's ear off. And yes, Rich, I type extremely fast. Have been timed before and many times came back at 140 words per minute on a regular typewriter. So yes, I can seriously crank stuff out when I already know what to write and it is all thought out. But you guys nailed it with that one.

Yes, I remember your telling me about your story and your baby girl, your trips, and some guys eye-balling her because she is a cutie. I'm very happy that you found your Dagny and that you guys are doing so well. Hey, wait, didn't you also tell me about your Italian dinner and then afterwards walking at night and the art gallery, etc., and how "Rand"ian it was? Yeah, that's right. I remember that one now. You guys are so cute together. :wub:

Believe it or not, I know many people that met online and are still in the relationship. A few of them are married now and very happy together. One of them used to be on OL but hasn't come around in quite a while. It is nice that you can really get to know a person's mind and to an extent how they are before comitting to a full blown date and meeting in person. It's almost more efficient this way. Much time and energy won't be wasted on getting ready for a "blind" date perhaps and having no clue if they're a total loser or not. You get half way through the in-the-flesh date and you know it is a total bomb and you start looking for escape routes; such as, the slick bathroom move and then you quickly slip out the front door. Hell, if it's that bad, the bathroom window will due just fine as your number one choice of escape. You just gotta get your big butt through that little opening. YIKES Oh, I can so picture that and can't stop laughing right now. I have to admit, I've been on dates that were just horrendous. But at that time, I didn't want to be rude and the bathroom move came to mind. I even remember looking to see if the front door was visible from where we were so I could slip out without being seen. But now it is a whole other story. It's like, you know what, it's just not workin' out. Nice to meet ya but I'm outta here. But of course, you go out with friends and enjoy, etc. But have been in dates where it is like, you know, I could be doing something else right now that I would much rather be doing and would really enjoy. Then you make your beeline for the door. LOL

Even through email and on the internet, you can pick up a lot about someone by reading their thoughts and what they say and can also pick up their emotions, etc., this way. People often make slips and they offer information about themselves that can be very revealing on who they are without their even being aware of it, what their true intentions are, their true values, etc., despite claiming otherwise. There are many many many benefits to meeting someone through the internet. You really get to know a person and what is important in the relationship rather than just physical attraction and physical beauty. I'm sure Victor being a man can add some thoughts to this and how some men are when it comes to physical attraction and someone that may be physically attractive. The goo, goo, ga, ga type deal. Sex, Sex, Sex and they may start overlooking things.

It's quite interesting. I've gotten to know Victor through email and the few times on the phone which he has a very nice voice. Even without seeing him physically yet or in action in everyday life, there is a tremendous amount of physical attraction there. It's his mind that I am most attracted to and this is what I fell in love with. Because of this intellectual attraction and attraction to what he values, the physical attraction I have for him has definitely resulted. There are some obstacles in the way. The main one being distance but that can always be worked out if we want it bad enough. I know I do and I think he does as well. I think there is much potential here and definitely worth exploring more. Hell, he's already planning to have kids or that just may be the typical guy, I'm a horn dog so let's get the groove on, talking. LOL

Thank you, Rich, for your wonderful story. I enjoyed it as much this time as I did the first time you shared the details of your baby girl and your relationship, how it started, how it's progressed !!!

Angie

Edited by CNA

Angie makes good points in learning about another person in email or on-line. It can be done---if you are smart about it, as she was. She was really “checking my ass out” and good, to once again use our colloquial language. A few of her questions were so subtle and seemingly innocuous and I didn’t realize that a hot little brain was burning away, analyzing the nature and quality of my answer. “So, what are your favorite colors, Victor?” Apparently—and without my knowledge—I was getting passing grades and no red flags were being raised in her mind.

Of course, my questions were more direct and I was rather transparent. “Angie, are you the loyal, loving, fetching your man a beer, always smoking sexy, forever hot model type?” This is the horn-dog that Angie was talking about. [Of course, I’m only joking around, no need to privately contact Kat or Michael].

Kidding aside, Angie strived to paint a realistic picture of herself so I wouldn’t be “deluded” as to what I’m getting myself into. In the quest of this objective, she sent me day-to-day photos of herself—for example: tired and dressed slovenly, no make-up, with her little boy, etc—and all of it on the basis, I believe, of: “So, you still want the package?” [if I have this all wrong, she can kill me later]. :unsure:

Naturally, I want and love Angie for what she is inside--her person, her values, her spirit--but I won’t deny it: she is an incredibly attractive women. Of course! But really, I have dated attractive women before, ones who are not too bright, ones who solely count on their looks and who are stuck for a reply if you say ‘hello’ to them. Never again.

Angie is, yes, the complete package. She is too rare a gem and I don’t want her to slip away. That’s why I’ll be on a plane soon enough to stake my claim. Hey, I need to also remember that “my ass his hers.”

As for distance, I don’t really see this as insurmountable problem. Angie, as far as I’m concerned, is my one-true great love, someone who I feel so connected to in every way, and so I’m not going to let something like “distance” get in the way of a “love affair that will span a life time”--to use Angie’s words.

Let's get real: How often does a great love come to us in life—once? How often do we win the lottery? For me, Angie is the jackpot.

Look at it this way: try to imagine the protagonists in Atlas Shrugged giving up the battle for their life, their loves, their work, their passions—because Atlantis seems--ah damn, just “too far.” Are you insane!

I’m not stupid. And neither is Angie. :)

Victor

Edited by Victor Pross

Guest Damage Inc.
The 'mudgeons can howl all they want, but one thing they can't say is that we don't know how to get our groove on around here!

:lol:

"I, Curmudgeon". Seen the film. I didn't audition for it because I didn't want to be associated with being a complete cynic.

But, someone else did. Wonder who? Hmmmm. Inside joke. :P

Edited by Damage Inc.

Well, Damage is back!

I, Curmudgeon was a doc flick interviewing an array of people speaking on a variety of subjects, and I was an interview subject. Damn, I was on the cutting room floor. My chance to become a big star--gone! I have my hand in many creative pots. But I have been an actor in low-budget films--some I am rather proud of.

"I, Curmudgeon". Seen the film. I didn't audition for it because I didn't want to be associated with being a complete cynic.

Damage,

Speaking of curmudgeon hood, you're guilty as hell. I'm really curious to know what has crawled up your ass and died and has put you in such a shitty mood. It must be something rather large. :o

I also find one sentence in particular very telling of who you are and that sentence is: "I didn't audition for it because I didn't want to be associated with being a complete cynic." Wow....that has social meta crap written all over it. Hmmmm......interesting, so you worry too much about how others view you and their opinions of you matter, even complete strangers. So actually, in reality, it doesn't really matter what YOU think and what YOU want to do, what YOU want to enjoy but it really boils down to this: Others, even complete strangers, dictate your life, your choices, and your actions. Hmmmm.....very interesting at that.

The Invitation

It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.

It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.

It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the center of your sorrow, if you have been opened by life's betrayals or have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain.

I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it or fade it, or fix it. I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own; if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, be realistic, or to remember the limitations of being human.

It doesn't interest me if the story you are telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself; if you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul. I want to know if you can be faithful and therefore be trustworthy. I want to know if you can see beauty even when it is not pretty everyday, and if you can source your life on the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon.

It doesn't interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up after a night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone, and do what needs to be done for the children.

It doesn't interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back.

It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you from the inside when all else falls away. I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.

-Oriah

Angie, I love you.

May your life be filled with nothing but joy and happiness.

T

Guest Damage Inc.

A shameless plug has come my way. I can't resist.

http://www.freedomparty.on.ca/

I'm on the executive.

Now, if I REALLY cared what others thought of me, wouldn't I join the Progressive Conservatives? I know Objectivists that have done that. And, shame on them for doing so.

Socialist minded people have yelled obscenities and mocked me at "All Candidates" debates. I was a frequent audience participant on CBC news world's "Counter Spin" show where I went on Objectivist rants.

If others dictated my choices, actions and life, why would I bother?

I even had the balls to tell Dr. John Ridpath - with a room full of Objectivists that I knew very well - that I somewhat disagreed with him over his negative assessment of Kelley's "True and Toleration". I later changed my mind about Kelley based on first-hand empirical knowledge but that's a different story. The point is, I had the guts to speak my mind.

Angie, you just have no clue.

Wayne Simmons

Damage,

Speaking of curmudgeon hood, you're guilty as hell. I'm really curious to know what has crawled up your ass and died and has put you in such a shitty mood. It must be something rather large. :o

I also find one sentence in particular very telling of who you are and that sentence is: "I didn't audition for it because I didn't want to be associated with being a complete cynic." Wow....that has social meta crap written all over it. Hmmmm......interesting, so you worry too much about how others view you and their opinions of you matter, even complete strangers. So actually, in reality, it doesn't really matter what YOU think and what YOU want to do, what YOU want to enjoy but it really boils down to this: Others, even complete strangers, dictate your life, your choices, and your actions. Hmmmm.....very interesting at that.