Paintings

Jonathan

• 7 months later...

Derek Jonathan's "Pensive" is not a photograph...

did I say that it was? I meant that the photograph of his artwork is of a higher contrast. Sorry for the confusion. Mine isn't a photograph either. its oil on canvas

Jonathan's

Pensive 1999

vs My

Fine Arts 2008

I love that painting, but it's not my favorite of yours. I prefer Girl's Night Out.

J

funny thing about Girl's Night Out, it was in a couple magazines, won an award, got lots of positive feedback (all this around the year that I made it) then I just stopped showing it and its still sitting in my studio.

• 2 years later...

Hey kids,

Long time no see. I haven't been around here at OL much lately due to practicing the virtue of productivity. :-)  I've checked in now and again to try to keep up on the threads, but haven't had time to post.

Recently I followed Jules Troy's lead and uploaded seven of my artworks to fineartamerica. Five paintings, one charcoal drawing, and a digital rendering from 3D models that I built. Check 'em out:

https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/20-jonathan-smith.html

Now, back to your regular scheduled discussions.

J

8 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Hey kids,

Long time no see.

Jonathan,

Great to see you.

As usual, that's really beautiful work you do. The painting called "Storm" is gorgeous (as are the others). I really like "Seance/science," too.

The terms "elegance and enchantment" come to mind (seeing how I read your page description--but they are more than accurate). :) 

And finally I get to see this:

20-jonathan-smith-1491946702-square.jpg

:)

Michael

• 1 year later...
On 5/9/2017 at 10:47 PM, Jonathan said:

Hey kids,

Long time no see. I haven't been around here at OL much lately due to practicing the virtue of productivity. ?  I've checked in now and again to try to keep up on the threads, but haven't had time to post.

Recently I followed Jules Troy's lead and uploaded seven of my artworks to fineartamerica. Five paintings, one charcoal drawing, and a digital rendering from 3D models that I built. Check 'em out:

https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/20-jonathan-smith.html

Now, back to your regular scheduled discussions.

J

I just saw this!  Do’h!

Added a link to pensive in my twitter feed, hope it helps!

On 9/18/2014 at 8:31 PM, Derek McGowan said:

Jonathan's

Pensive 1999

vs My

Fine Arts 2008

(the contrast of his photograph definitely is better)

FineArts2008ref072_zps713a4ea4.jpg

Excellent! Also the one before it which does not show here.