Objectivism Web Archive Project

After seeing many Objectivism websites shut down and others were shutdown appears likely i have decided to make an offline backup of all the Objectivism sites i know. At the moment i have automated web crawlers that are currently making these backups. If a site goes down the backup will be uploaded to objectiscan.com/archive. Unfortunately there is a chance that interactive sites like forums will lose their interactivity do to their use of server side databases.

I got it after i heard forum.4aynrandfans.com is shutting down soon. I have been crawling it for about 28 hours and have about 15 gigabytes of its content. Its backup is still in progress but, its mostly navigable now.

After seeing many Objectivism websites shut down and others were shutdown appears likely i have decided to make an offline backup of all the Objectivism sites i know. At the moment i have automated web crawlers that are currently making these backups. If a site goes down the backup will be uploaded to objectiscan.com/archive. Unfortunately there is a chance that interactive sites like forums will lose their interactivity do to their use of server side databases.

Sounds like global warming. :laugh:

--Brant

seriously, thank you

One problem with most Objectivist websites is that the comment sections are moderated and commentators easily get banned.

Dr. Diana's website hardly gets any comments, for example.

-Neil

One problem with most Objectivist websites is that the comment sections are moderated and commentators easily get banned.

-Neil

She changed the structure and content so much there wasn't room left over for much commenting or interest in such. It mostly seems to be about her pretentious podcasts. They're pretentious for she's some kind of Objectivist Dear Abby and implicitly assumes people have time to listen to her, presumably just as she has the time to make these things. Like Benedict Arnold she went the wrong way and ended up without a real country to call "home."

--Brant

Branden to Peikoff--sheesh!

Dr. Diana is answering the following questions tomorrow:

• Why do you think that marriage contracts should be enforced by the state? Wouldn’t private arbitration be a better option?
  • Why do you think so few people question the consensus of the culture on ethics? (People tend to form their own political views, but very few people seem to form their own ethical views.)
  • Is magnanimity a virtue or a moral amplifier?
  • What on earth is ‘queer theory’? Why, as a gay man, do I find it deeply troubling?
  • What is “good taste”? Is it objective?
  • Why is infinity incompatible with identity? Why couldn’t infinite size, for example, be part of the nature of an entity?
  • Is a bird in the hand better than two in the bush? Doesn’t this maxim encourage mediocrity and laziness?
  • Does it make sense for Objectivists to use “Who is John Galt?” as a slogan? It seems to me that this is what people in the novel said when they could not see what was wrong with the world.
  • Is it true that thought and speech are limited by historical context?
  • Are there quick ways to identify crazy people? I think I’m pretty okay myself as long as I take my medication.
  • Is there any value to childhood ‘innocence’? Or is that just a product of Christianity?
  • Does Buddhism qualify as a form of nihilism, since Buddhists believe that morality consists in rejecting all your desires, and clearing your mind, so that you become ‘one with the universe’ i.e. dead?
  • I’ve heard that Kant included some good elements in his philosophy to make the rest of his ideas palatable. What were those things?
  • Would you agree that Rand’s philosophy is a sort of reconciliation of Aristotle with the existentialists?
  • Is it advisable for citizens in a pure capitalist society to create a “social safety net” comparable to what exists in welfare states, but through voluntary charity?
  • What is bourgeois morality, and should we approve of it?
  • What about the Negative Income Tax, which is sort of what Milton Friedman proposed, or the idea of a “guaranteed income” that would replace welfare?
  • What is “a sense of duty” and how can I get rid of it?
  • Ayn Rand thought that plot was the most important element in literature. I would say however that an aesthetic based on virtue ethics dictates that characters ought to be more important. What do you think?
  • If you could have a superpower, what superpower would you choose?

She might say something interesting, but I can't imagine contributing to her podcast.

-Neil

I will give Dr. Diana some credit. On a recent podcast she said that Ayn Rand Answers was not reliable. On the other hand, she still has Mayhew's dishonest attack on RC on her website.

-Neil

I will give Dr. Diana some credit. On a recent podcast she said that Ayn Rand Answers was not reliable. On the other hand, she still has Mayhew's dishonest attack on RC on her website.

-Neil

Personally I wouldn't give her any credit for anything; it'd be a trivial pursuit sanctioning the idea there was something more important about.

--Brant

-Neil

Ive noticed that this does seem to be whats killed a lot of objectivsm sites so on Objectiscan once more interactive features are added users will only be banned if they do something that could damage the site and will only be restricted of they do something highly and intentionly disruptive.

I finished archiving the forum 4aynrandfans and will most likely upload it after it shuts down. Right now i'm archiving sites in order based off whether they appear inactive and likely to shut down. If you know of site that will shut down soon please contact me so i can back it up.