Chris Rea

Xray

I will try to remember the name, “Chris Rea.” That video, music, and singing are very distinctive. It was brilliant to shoot the video starting at mountain top elevations and then training downwards. Towards the end I realized the cinematographer may have also taken some shots in the winter, then in the spring and summer while on the same train engine, at different times of the year.

I have driven across the Rocky Mountains once in the early spring and once in the early summer. In the spring we traveled through snow showers and in the summer it was around 75 degrees Fahrenheit but there was still snow on the tops of some peaks.

Here on the eastern seaboard of America it is 76 and rainy, but it has been a very warm spring and summer. And the sun just came out so I won’t be “Looking for the Summer.” I noticed, “On the Beach,” with the sound of crashing waves, and “All Summer Long,” are also some of his warm weather titles. He reminds me of the smooth, jazzy group, Steely Dan who I heard at Hershey Park Pennsylvania around ten years ago.

Peter