Is Prostitution Neccessarily Bad?

Marcus

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no such term as "kept man" by my knowledge.

I've known two men personally who were referred to in the respective social circles in which I knew them as "kept." In both cases the woman was older than the man - ten or so years older in one case, twenty or so years older in the other. In both cases, eventually the man left the arrangement - with no hard feelings on the woman's part in the second case, probably with bitterness in the first case. (I didn't hear the details regarding the split-up of that couple and am surmising on the basis of what the woman was like.)

Ellen

there are far more rich men than there are women.

Currently about 20% of the world's richest people are women, until the remaining husbands die, whereupon will be 100%

Women control 65 percent of global spending and more than 80 percent of U.S. spending. http://www.fastcodesign.com/1663594/women-dominate-the-global-market-place-here-are-5-keys-to-reaching-them

And that is a well known statistic.

Actuarially, women outlived men by seven (7) plus years. I believe it has dropped a tad in the last

few decades.

I think that Marcus is Gary's clone.

He seems just as uninformed, effete and well pretty clueless.

A...

there are far more rich men than there are women.

Currently about 20% of the world's richest people are women, until the remaining husbands die, whereupon will be 100%

Women control 65 percent of global spending and more than 80 percent of U.S. spending. http://www.fastcodesign.com/1663594/women-dominate-the-global-market-place-here-are-5-keys-to-reaching-them

And that is a well known statistic.

Actuarially, women outlived men by seven (7) plus years. I believe it has dropped a tad in the last

few decades.

I think that Marcus is Gary's clone.

He seems just as uninformed, effete and well pretty clueless.

A...

And I think you're starting to troll my thread.

80% means far more. And "spending" money is not the same as "earning" it.

And I think you're starting to troll my thread.

80% means far more. And "spending" money is not the same as "earning" it.

First of all, you are not worth trolling, however you would define it.

Your discussion on "your" thread my fine friend was about prostitution, correct?

Therefore, are you now changing the focus of "your" thread?

Just want to be sure.

A...

Marriage is a partnership. As Ross Perot once said, I married way over my head. Why settle for anything less?

Prostitution is an entirely different topic. Makes one think of the advertising industry, without which there'd be no NFL.

SIDEBAR: More Americans than ever have never married. http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/23/us-usa-marriage-survey-idUSKCN0HI06C20140923

Marriage is a partnership. As Ross Perot once said, I married way over my head. Why settle for less?

Prostitution is an entirely different topic. Makes one think of the advertising industry...

Prostitutes are much more ethical than the advertising industry.

A...

Francisco: I've known a number of attractive women who have traded sex for expensive cars, clothes, and a house. They usually call themselves "wives.

I've never known a professional prostitute, at least not to my knowledge, but I have known lots of wives, and even was one myself for a time. There wasn't one of them who ever considered sex to by the only duty (or privilege) of her role. A wife, or a husband, for that matter, is not in the marriage to exchange sex for money or items of monetary value. She, or he, is in the marriage to be, and to have, a partner in life. That's not what a prostitute is. Stop comparing them.

Would it not be a mistake to assume that sex is the only service delivered by a prostitute? Some, I'm told, are good listeners and ready to dispense sensible advice, from a woman's point of view, of course. The smart prostitute knows how to be emotionally supportive, how to fortify a man's ego and make him ready to face a competitive world the next morning. And the wise prostitute knows when to give a man his space. The idea that no wife in mankind's brief history on earth ever shopped her physical assets for financial security is a comforting thought in this Great Land of Mom and Apple Pie, but may be at odds with reality. Has there never been a Playboy bunny who tied the knot with a billionaire octogenarian? Was that marriage really a union of "soul mates"?

Would it not be a mistake to assume that sex is the only service delivered by a prostitute? Some, I'm told, are good listeners and ready to dispense sensible advice, from a woman's point of view, of course. The smart prostitute knows how to be emotionally supportive, how to fortify a man's ego and make him ready to face a competitive world the next morning. And the wise prostitute knows when to give a man his space.

I'm beginning to think you don't know a great deal about the world.

Would it not be a mistake to assume that sex is the only service delivered by a prostitute? Some, I'm told, are good listeners and ready to dispense sensible advice, from a woman's point of view, of course. The smart prostitute knows how to be emotionally supportive, how to fortify a man's ego and make him ready to face a competitive world the next morning. And the wise prostitute knows when to give a man his space.

I'm beginning to think you don't know a great deal about the world.

FF seems to be grounded by his abstractions. A prostitute wants to do the job, get the money and leave. You need a whorehouse to get much art out of prostitution. A repeat relationship might help but that's with the whorehouse first, the prostitute second--that is you go back to experience another whore. Elvis Presley didn't need a prostitute. He had women climbing all over him. On one reported occasion it was one after the other every half hour. ("Well, they'll all different.")

The one whorehouse I went to in Nha Trang, South Vietnam, all the whores gathered to say goodbye. They were all smiling and laughing. They appreciated that I switched whores when the first one didn't work out. I was with three other SF, we were all about 20 to 21 years old. The MPs in Nha Trang had only one concern: no violence. Earlier we had been in a bar which was a front for prostitution and another American soldier or two, not with us, got into a nasty argument with a bar girl and suddenly the bar-tender slid a meat cleaver down the bar top to the girl who fortunately didn't make a move to it. Then the MPs came in and hushed it all down. My buddies and I left and got a cab to the start of this paragraph.

--Brant

here's a test:

Brant went to a whorehouse, bad, bad, bad (Yes or no?)

Brant went to war, good, good, good (Yes or no?)

Which is the most disgusting gut-level idea?--if you're thinking more than a bit about the answer you're trying to change the answer you've already come up with

(Hint: Brant thought he might be killed in the next year--and almost was [which is why he smoked too])

--Brant

here's a test:

Which is the most disgusting gut-level idea?--if you're thinking more than a bit about the answer you're trying to change the answer you've already come up with

(Hint: Brant thought he might be killed in the next year--and almost was [which is why he smoked too])

Excellent post.

One of the reasons Mickey Charles Mantle caroused, smoked and drank himself to death.

When he was going for the liver transplant he ryely [sp?] [thank you Wolf] noted, "Hell, if I'd a known I was going to live this long, I wouda taken better care of myself!"

Both his dad and grandfather had died in their late '30's. I believe it was from coal mining.

A...

--Brant

here's a test:

Excellent post.

One of the reasons Mickey Charles Mantle caroused, smoked and drank himself to death.

When he was going for the liver transplant he ryely [sp?] noted, "Hell, if I'd a known I was going to

live this long, I wouda taken better care of myself!"

Both his dad and grandfather had died in their late '30's. I believe it was from coal mining.

A...

wry, wryly

When he was going for the liver transplant he ryely [sp?] noted, "Hell, if I'd a known I was going to

wry, wryly

Thanks Wolf, I knew it looked wrong.

Wow, now that is embarrassing...lol

A...

Francisco: I've known a number of attractive women who have traded sex for expensive cars, clothes, and a house. They usually call themselves "wives.

I've never known a professional prostitute, at least not to my knowledge, but I have known lots of wives, and even was one myself for a time. There wasn't one of them who ever considered sex to by the only duty (or privilege) of her role. A wife, or a husband, for that matter, is not in the marriage to exchange sex for money or items of monetary value. She, or he, is in the marriage to be, and to have, a partner in life. That's not what a prostitute is. Stop comparing them.

Would it not be a mistake to assume that sex is the only service delivered by a prostitute? Some, I'm told, are good listeners and ready to dispense sensible advice, from a woman's point of view, of course. The smart prostitute knows how to be emotionally supportive, how to fortify a man's ego and make him ready to face a competitive world the next morning. And the wise prostitute knows when to give a man his space. The idea that no wife in mankind's brief history on earth ever shopped her physical assets for financial security is a comforting thought in this Great Land of Mom and Apple Pie, but may be at odds with reality. Has there never been a Playboy bunny who tied the knot with a billionaire octogenarian? Was that marriage really a union of "soul mates"?

Of course we can point to lots of individual situations where there are deviations from the norm. That's true of everything under the sun. But on the whole, marriage is one thing and prostitution is another.

I'm actually confused which one this thread is supposed to be about. I don't think the original poster knows himself.

Yeah, a wife and a prostitute are not exactly the same thing. However, this does not take away the fact that there are financial transactions in both wife/husband and prostitute/johns relationships and it's usually from man to woman. This "gender skew" of wealth transfer leads me to believe there are underlying biological/evolutionary reasons for this.

Why are prostitutes mostly women? Why are johns mostly men (gay and straight)? Why are there no "male" mistresses?

You say marriage means a life partner (assuming this means "lifelong" partner), but you are no longer married? I don't want to know why your not married (not my business) so much as why you didn't follow your own principle/belief?

Actually, no, there are no rules in marriage that would qualify as a "financial transaction... from man to woman" at least not any that are required. Not in the US in present day, anyway. If a man buys a woman an engagement ring, that is his choice. If he doesn't want to buy an engagement ring, he need not do so. It is not a requirement of marriage. If his intended demands it or demands a style and size of ring that is outside of his financial ability to provide regardless of his desire to do so, then he is free to go find some other intended. Financial transactions executed within a marriage are joint ventures that rightly ought to be agreed upon by both spouses.

I don't have any statistics, but I would guess that more prostitutes are women because the demand for female prostitutes is higher than the demand for male prostitutes.

No, I am no longer married, and in so choosing, did not surrender my principles. In fact, I upheld my principles.

Marcus, you opened this thread with the question, "Is prostitution necessarily bad?" Yet, your comments have less to do with what you think about prostitution and more to do with what you think about marriage. If you think marriage, as an institution, is skewed unfairly against you, then either don't get married or prior to doing so, execute a prenuptial agreement to protect yourself.

If we posit prostitution and marriage as representing sexual opposites because the former lacks romantic love we can also posit a lot of in-betweens. Marriage or partnership has always been an economic or economic-political unit with love as a bonus. The more wealth the society generates the more love can be afforded even to the point of turning it into a primary. Pretend he meets she and there's a nice cave just up the hill: He, "I'll bring home the bacon." She, "I'll take care of the cave." He, "I want sex." She. "I want kids." He, "Deal!" They shake hands. This became the marriage ceremony. When the guy understands there is no dowry he manufactures love to compensate--i.e., rationalize the end of his bachelorhood--for she got a great bargain. Of course, friends and relatives check them out. The primary would be the guy's ability to, um, perform. So the woman's female friends spy on him. The holy grail would be to see him masturbate and see the ejaculation. And look at what Diana had to go through before she was allowed to marry Prince Charles. All that poking and prodding. After the Heir and the Spare they were free to chuck the "love," which they did with alacrity. She wasn't a prostitute. She was a good, apex breeder and Charles bred her. That's what she was good for. She had that integrity.

--Brant

I can really dish it up!

A teacher asks the kids in her 3rd grade class:

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

LITTLE KEVIN SAYS: "I WANNA START OUT AS A MARINE PILOT, THEN BE A BILLIONAIRE, GO TO THE MOST EXPENSIVE CLUBS,

FIND ME THE FINEST WHORE, GIVE HER A FERRARI WORTH OVER A MILLION BUCKS, AN APARTMENT IN COPACABANA,

A MANSION IN PARIS, A JET TO TRAVEL THROUGHOUT EUROPE, AN INFINITE VISA CARD, AND ALL THE WHILE BANGING HER LIKE A LOOSE SCREEN DOOR IN A HURRICANE."

THE TEACHER, SHOCKED, AND NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO WITH THIS HORRIBLE RESPONSE FROM LITTLE KEVIN,

DECIDES NOT TO ACKNOWLEDGE WHAT HE SAID AND SIMPLY TRIES TO CONTINUE WITH THE LESSON . . . .

"And how about you, Sarah?"

"I wanna be Kevin's whore."

A teacher asks the kids in her 3rd grade class:

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

LITTLE KEVIN SAYS: "I WANNA START OUT AS A MARINE PILOT, THEN BE A BILLIONAIRE, GO TO THE MOST EXPENSIVE CLUBS,

FIND ME THE FINEST WHORE, GIVE HER A FERRARI WORTH OVER A MILLION BUCKS, AN APARTMENT IN COPACABANA,

A MANSION IN PARIS, A JET TO TRAVEL THROUGHOUT EUROPE, AN INFINITE VISA CARD, AND ALL THE WHILE BANGING HER LIKE A LOOSE SCREEN DOOR IN A HURRICANE."

THE TEACHER, SHOCKED, AND NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO WITH THIS HORRIBLE RESPONSE FROM LITTLE KEVIN,

DECIDES NOT TO ACKNOWLEDGE WHAT HE SAID AND SIMPLY TRIES TO CONTINUE WITH THE LESSON . . . .

"And how about you, Sarah?"

"I wanna be Kevin's whore."

YES...and it counts!!

Jules with a fall away jumper from a different zip code! SWISH!

Now that is really funny.

Sorry Canada. a basketball analogy, another great sport that cannot be played on freakin ICE!!

A...

Haha!! I thought it was worth a chuckle!

Btw basketball was invented in Canada!

Inventor probably slipped on the ice and was in a coma forever.

Haha!! I thought it was worth a chuckle!

Btw basketball was invented in Canada!

Inventor probably slipped on the ice and was in a coma forever.

They still use peach baskets--with no hole i the bottom.

--B rant

Can't have a hole... the buckets are filled with peaches.