Happy Birthday, Chris

Mein gawed, again. I thought I was his elder, but only by days, months maybe. The tyke is fifty-three, wow. Happy he is still with us, pulling that wagon as hard as ever, keeping his intellectual venue open (JARS) while neglecting fierce and pointless O-spasms as the Movement grinds on like a glacier -- grinding non-immortals like Dr Mrs Doctor Hsieh into madness, dust and dwindling impact. Seems all kook out in the end, all except for the good guys like Chris (and fiendish collaborator Robert Campbell). It is so dang arbitrary that DIana cannot publish anywhere on earth at all, except on vanity internet radio and her dead blog, while Chris ushers a new JARS issue to bed and to print and to the internets and scholarly databases. Hah.

Must be nice to float above it all at fifty-three. Describe my extreme rational valuation of his staying power when you next communicate with him please, Somebody.

How she fights for her meager pleasures, against her challenges. How he does not. He eats his dish quietly and with robust satisfaction, even cold.

Meanwhile, at Magic Apeshit Dinosaur Caveman Diet Cult Radio Advice From a Loser Show, she goes on, and on, and then on. Weekly.

Edited by william.scherk

You actually made that?!

And here I thought I had sociopathical tendencies...

I'm not so alone after all.

Reality ain't so unkind.

Also, Happy Birthday Mr. Sciabarra! Not sure who you are, and you probably won't read this, but I have read (and enjoyed) some of your posts in the RoR archives.

Meanwhile, at Magic Apeshit Dinosaur Caveman Diet Cult Radio Advice From a Loser Show, she goes on, and on, and then on. Weekly.

Has she interviewed youtube's "Mr. Cropper" on her "radio" show yet? That would be perfect. They're kind of the same person. Give Cropper a wig and a Ph.D., or give Comrade Sonia a krishna cut and a stronger notion of productivity and accomplishment, and they'd be almost indistinguishable. The two of them really should join forces and save the world.

J

Has she interviewed youtube's "Mr. Cropper" on her "radio" show yet? That would be perfect. They're kind of the same person. Give Cropper a wig and a Ph.D., or give Comrade Sonia a krishna cut and a stronger notion of productivity and accomplishment, and they'd be almost indistinguishable. The two of them really should join forces and save the world.

Does this man need a shave or professional help on how to make a video?

--Brant

not above a little ad hominem when there's no point in ad intellectulum

Does this man need a shave or professional help on how to make a video?

Neither. I think he could enroll in the Philosophy Inaction improvement regimen:

Last weekend, I bought this e-book — Broadcast Voice Handbook: How To Polish Your On-Air Delivery.

Speaking live is difficult. Although the quality of my delivery has

improved dramatically with the practice of over two years on air, I’ve

wanted to put some concerted effort into further improving not just my

delivery but also the quality of my voice. Hence, the book.

On Sunday’s Philosophy in Action Radio, I answered questions on the value of marriage, antibiotic resistance in a free society, concern for attractiveness to others, semi-automatic

handguns, and more with Greg Perkins.

-- and of course, slow roasted grapes, I assume sour grapes:

I’ve made these slow-roasted grapes quite a few times now… and they’re amazing! They’re really easy too. However, I recommend using coconut oil instead of olive oil. They’re much yummier that way.

WIem.jpeg

Edited by william.scherk

I expect he'd like to enjoy his birthday thread without being reminded of Comrade Sonia, but that is so damn funny I mean what the hell, right?

I think you're probably right. Bill likely erred in speaking of Chris' enjoyment of the vichyssoise. I think he'd skip it altogether to avoid tainting his palate for the birthday cake. But that just means more soup for the rest of us!

J

• 2 years later...