SELF-ESTEEM AND PHILOSOPHY

ENLIGHTENMENTING

Hello, my name is Daniel. I present you my respects. I'm an admirer of British and american culture and a follower of Nathaniel Branden. His books helped me so much. I read too, thanks to him, Ayn rand (Atlas Shrugged, The Fountainhead). I've found answers to many personal problems that happened me in the past to me and my family. I've also found answers to the many problems about the calamitous situation of Spain: the land of Don Quijote. I'm learning english reading philosophy ebooks and history documentaries. The same answers I've found in Ayn Rand, I've found too in philosophy writers (Samuel Samiles, David Hume, Spinoza, Seneca), but in differerent forms. I've learnt the great importance of our childhood in our character:know thyself.I hope to contact and know people from british and american culture. Have helped so much to mankind. Farewell

Welcome to OL Danial.

One of the three (3) languages that my father spoke fluently was Castillian Spanish.

I believe you provide us with insights as well as gain some from us.

A...

Que pasa Adam? How did a Lombard Mason New Yorker learn Castilian Spanish?

Your hidden depths will never be truly revealed....

It was my father who had a love of language and a facility for it.

Some of it rubbed off on me ...lol

Hello, my name is Daniel. I present you my respects. I'm an admirer of British and american culture and a follower of Nathaniel Branden. His books helped me so much. I read too, thanks to him, Ayn rand (Atlas Shrugged, The Fountainhead). I've found answers to many personal problems that happened me in the past to me and my family. I've also found answers to the many problems about the calamitous situation of Spain: the land of Don Quijote. I'm learning english reading philosophy ebooks and history documentaries. The same answers I've found in Ayn Rand, I've found too in philosophy writers (Samuel Samiles, David Hume, Spinoza, Seneca), but in differerent forms. I've learnt the great importance of our childhood in our character:know thyself.I hope to contact and know people from british and american culture. Have helped so much to mankind. Farewell

David Hume is my Philosophy hero. He and Karl Popper have made the most sense to me.

Ba'al Chatzaf

by the way Daniel, if you had not said English was not your mother-tongue I would not have guessed it. You write English, very well.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Welcome to Objectivist Living, Daniel.

Did you read Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead in a Spanish translation? Do you have some passages you find especially beautiful?

Stephen

Atlas Shrugged is more elaborated and complete, but I like much more The Fountainhead because I feel identified with Howard Roark and I find many people in Spain like Peter Keating. Of course, American and British discovered the true reality of life, to my benefit.

Reading the ancients writers, I have learnt so much, over all, to know myself. My logo, is the enigma of Edipus. This enigma express essentially the meaning of my life. But who helped me to connect the ancient philosophy with my present problems, was Nathaniel Branden and Ayn Rand. People can't understand Spinoza, for exemple or Aristotle, but can understand Nathaniel or Rand. But is in my personal situation where I found the main response to my dificulties showing me why are originated.They don't express anything new. They express only the essence of ancient philosophy in modern times, that made possible the progress of modern world emerged in the Industrial Revolution in middle eighteenth century: in the difficulties to connect with reality through reason and conscience: our moral faculty. I can understand Edipus or Hamlet, when we guide our lifes by looking for pleasures and satisfactions in place of accept our pain and then our reality. Denying our reality or the reality, we condemn ourselves to it: the fatalism and autodestruction. Accepting reality, we feel better and expand our conscience to a wide sphere where we can learn about experience and understand what Seneca said: life is fighting and fight is living. Sorry about my english: is a reality that I'm learning listening documentaries and realding ebooks.