Pet Theories

BaalChatzaf

Good one Baal. Everyone has their pet theories, or prejudices if you like. Eg, All Russians are Gloomy.

Does anybody know if it was Wodehouse who gave this concise description of "The Russian Drama"?

Act 1: The family Anybodykov sits around the farmhouse kitchen looking glum.

Act 2: They sit around the kitchen looking glum.

Act 3: They sit around the kitchen looking glum. Youngest brother runs in the door and announces that Grandfather has hanged himself in the barn.

Last auto saved: 3:02:11 PM

Curtain.

Good one Baal. Everyone has their pet theories, or prejudices if you like. Eg, All Russians are Gloomy.

Does anybody know if it was Wodehouse who gave this concise description of "The Russian Drama"?

Act 1: The family Anybodykov sits around the farmhouse kitchen looking glum.

Act 2: They sit around the kitchen looking glum.

Act 3: They sit around the kitchen looking glum. Youngest brother runs in the door and announces that Grandfather has hanged himself in the barn.

Last auto saved: 3:02:11 PM

Curtain.

Excellent!

I was once in Minneapolis Minn, for a symposium and I saw Checkoff's -Three Sisters- at the Tyrone Guthrie theater. For a brief period, I felt depressed. Wodehouse was right on the mark.

Ba'al Chatzaf

A pet theory of elders in my youth was, everybody is liberal when young and turns conservative when older. I think it is the opposite now , Many more young people are libertarian in "glad confident morning" (for Gulch's sake let's hopeso!).