Putin slaps Obama again

Backlighting

If there is to be a Godfather lV, Putin should be considered for the role, or at the very least, the model for the leading character. A little hair dye and a crash course in Italian & he's perfect for the part.

Rather than put a horse in Obama's bed he shut down Voice of America's radio broadcasts in Moscow.

Take that, Yankee!

Putin reminds of Sammy the Bull.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/11/double-standard-us-blasts-russia-for-blocking-voice-america/

My dad would take me to the World Trads Fair every year.

I would collect all the brochures from the countries. We would talk to the different folks. My father spoke three (3) languages fluently and could get by in at least two (2) more. We would invite a few folks each year from a country back to the house for dinner and, if they desired, they could spend the night and the next day with our family.

The time we invited a Russian, he said that he would have to bring someone with him. We knew who the someone was lol. He was not permitted to stay the night, so we picked them up for breakast and they stayed very late, leaving a little after 1 AM.

We took them food shopping for the dinner that they expressed a desire for. They both were almost in tears when we walked with them to our local "grocery" store three (3) blocks from the house. Now this was before the Super Markets were so plentiful. They were frozen in each aisle, eyes wide and wet. It was the best "propaganda" that we had.

We had plenty of quality Vodka in the liquor cabinet, some that they new existed and they had never seen in sold in Russia, even though it was made there.

At some level that is the value of the Voice of America.

I argued that all we had to do to bring down Russia in the '60's was to drop bags of "junk" food, rock, roll records and dungarees and it would be over. Throw in some frozen steaks, burgers, hot dogs with all the accoutrements and it would be over in about six (6) months.

A...

My dad would take me to the World Trads Fair every year.

I would collect all the brochures from the countries. We would talk to the different folks. My father spoke three (3) languages fluently and could get by in at least two (2) more. We would invite a few folks each year from a country back to the house for dinner and, if they desired, they could spend the night and the next day with our family.

The time we invited a Russian, he said that he would have to bring someone with him. We knew who the someone was lol. He was not permitted to stay the night, so we picked them up for breakast and they stayed very late, leaving a little after 1 AM.

We took them food shopping for the dinner that they expressed a desire for. They both were almost in tears when we walked with them to our local "grocery" store three (3) blocks from the house. Now this was before the Super Markets were so plentiful. They were frozen in each aisle, eyes wide and wet. It was the best "propaganda" that we had.

We had plenty of quality Vodka in the liquor cabinet, some that they new existed and they had never seen in sold in Russia, even though it was made there.

At some level that is the value of the Voice of America.

I argued that all we had to do to bring down Russia in the '60's was to drop bags of "junk" food, rock, roll records and dungarees and it would be over. Throw in some frozen steaks, burgers, hot dogs with all the accoutrements and it would be over in about six (6) months.

A...

You were right. And that is exactly why the U.S. embargo against Cuba should have ended decades ago.

Great story, by the way.