They're Finally Getting to Holder... Good

Take a look at the bully from behind the mask:

HOLDER EXPLODES AT LOUIE GOHMERT: 'YOU DON'T WANT TO GO THERE, BUDDY'

by CHARLIE SPIERING

8 Apr 2014

Breitbart

Here's the video in the story:

If Holder is irritated now, imagine what he's going to be like if (and probably when) the Democrats lose the Senate.

It's funny, but bullying comments like this are like legal precedents. Once you set a precedent, things only get worse from there.

I predict Holder is going to start mouthing off more and more, the public outcry against him is going to get strident, Congress is going to get far nastier, and then he will do something so stupid, not even Obama will be able to prop him up.

I won't say this is a 100% surefire prediction, but I've seen this movie several times before in my life and it has always played out the same way.

Bully + Power = Asshole

And I mean asshole of the incorrigible persuasion, the kind that only gets worse.

Holder's attitude reminds me of stereotypical mafia wiseguys like they present in Hollywood crime stories. The kind of smug insolence that doesn't know when to shut up.

And this means another equation should hold for Holder:

Arrogance + Thin Skin = Stupid Actions

Michael

Holder's attitude reminds me of stereotypical mafia wiseguys like they present in Hollywood crime stories. The kind of smug insolence that doesn't know when to shut up.

Hmm Thr Reverend [Confidential Informant # 7] Al is taping Holder and O'biwan for the Koch brothers!

Now there is a plot for a short story!

Black cat brings bad luck to Holder!

A...

Take a look at the bully from behind the mask:

HOLDER EXPLODES AT LOUIE GOHMERT: 'YOU DON'T WANT TO GO THERE, BUDDY'

by CHARLIE SPIERING

8 Apr 2014

Breitbart

Here's the video in the story:

If Holder is irritated now, imagine what he's going to be like if (and probably when) the Democrats lose the Senate.

It's funny, but bullying comments like this are like legal precedents. Once you set a precedent, things only get worse from there.

I predict Holder is going to start mouthing off more and more, the public outcry against him is going to get strident, Congress is going to get far nastier, and then he will do something so stupid, not even Obama will be able to prop him up.

I won't say this is a 100% surefire prediction, but I've seen this movie several times before in my life and it has always played out the same way.

Bully + Power = Asshole

And I mean asshole of the incorrigible persuasion, the kind that only gets worse.

And this means another equation should hold for Holder:

Arrogance + Thin Skin = Stupid Actions

Michael

ReichsProtektor Holder is a fascist thug.

The beginning of a second term is usually when they discard the flotsam and such. Why didn't they drop all this baggage with a new face ? Hopefully this will get real interesting.

Because he is doing exactly what O'biwan wants him to do.

Would it be ironic if every single productive person, business owner, entrepreneur and inventor fled the USA (ya ya Galt's gulch dont say it) to a place like Singapore or wherever they were the most free to pursue the "American dream" and NOT be spit on by pricks like Holder?

Leave the masses of looters to cannibalize themselves into oblivion.

There's an ugly issue between Holder and Gohmert since last year and it involves asparagus.

Boy did the left yuk it up at the time.

Holder also used this as a cheap shot at Gohmert during the hearing. He sat on that for a full year.

Now it looks like none of them caught a reference to the past Gohmert made.

Louie Gohmert Reveals the Important History Behind Eric Holder’s ‘Good Luck With Your Asparagus’ Insult
by Erica Ritz
Apr. 9, 2014
TheBlaze

From the article:

During a contentious congressional hearing on Tuesday, Attorney General Eric Holder disdainfully told Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) “good luck with your asparagus.”

Many, including TheBlaze, assumed Holder was mocking Gohmert for seemingly fumbling his words back in 2013 when he said, “The attorney general will not cast aspersions on my asparagus!”

Gohmert was ridiculed at the time by Comedy Central’s “The Colbert Report,” the Washington Post, the U.K. Guardian and more for the “famously embarrassing” moment.

But Gohmert told Glenn Beck on Wednesday that he did not fumble his words back in 2013, and was in fact using a quote that goes back decades.

“Percy Foreman was a very, very liberal criminal defense attorney, but he was incredible in the courtroom,” Gohmert said on Beck’s radio show. “When somebody started attacking his integrity, he stood up and said, ‘I object, he’s casting aspersions on my asparagus!’ And people would scratch their heads, but it brought down the level of the rancor. I was using a Percy Foreman line from criminal trials back probably 50 years ago.”

I want to say something smug, but just saying the words Eric Holder leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Michael

FYI : Gohmert was a Judge...

] He was then accepted into Texas A&M University, receiving his B.A. in history in 1975.[5] Gohmert received an army scholarship while at Texas A&M, where he was a brigade commander of the Corps of Cadets and class president.[6]

He later received his Juris Doctor from Baylor Law School in Waco, Texas in 1977 where he also served as class president.[7] Gohmert served in the United States Army Judge Advocate General's Corps, at Fort Benning, Georgia, from 1978 to 1982.[8] The majority of his U.S. Army legal service was as a defense attorney.

Gohmert was elected as a state district judge for Texas's 7th Judicial District, serving Smith County (Tyler, Texas) from 1992 to 2002; being reelected to a total of three terms.[8] Gohmert first saw national recognition for a 1996 probation requirement where he ordered an H.I.V. positive man, who was convicted on motor vehicle theft charges, to seek the written consent from all future sexual partners on a court provided form notifying them of H.I.V. status;[9] angering AIDS and Gay rights activists, as well as civil libertarians.[10] Gohmert was appointed by Texas Governor Rick Perry to fill a vacancy as Chief Justice on Texas's 12th Court of Appeals, where he served a six month term from 2002 to 2003.[7]

Impressive. Military, Baylor.

Hmmm let's see some of the client's he represented which would inflame the left if it was a non-leftist...

Controversial Clients

Controversial clients of the firm include: Office Chérifien des Phosphates,[12]Creekstone Farms Quality Beef,[12]Southern Peru Copper Corporation, Philip Morris, Halliburton, and Xe Services.[13]

Creekstone Farms Quality Beef

In April 2004, the Washington DC newspaper The Hill reported: "Creekstone Farms Quality Beef, which has been battling the U.S. Department of Agriculture to get permission to test its cattle for mad cow disease, has hired Covington & Burling to help it make its case."[12]

At the time, Creekstone was one of two U.S. beef producers who were seeking to resume exports to Japan, South Korea and other countries by testing every head of cattle they processed for mad cow disease.

Halliburton

In 2003, Halliburton hired the firm to lobby Washington on behalf of its KBR Government Operations division, the same division being pummeled by the media, the Pentagon and Congress for its handling of Iraq contracts. Covington & Burling was paid $520,000 to handle "inquiries concerning company's construction and service contracts in Iraq," the firm said in a filing.

According to the filing, Covington & Burling listed the following people as lobbyists for Halliburton/KBR: Roderick A. DeArment, who was chief of staff to now-retired Sen. Bob Dole (R-KS); Martin B. Gold, former counsel to Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-TN); Stuart E. Eizenstat, U.S. ambassador to the European Union during the Clinton administration; Alan A. Pemberton, coordinator of the firm's government contracts practice; David M. Marchick, who served in various posts in the Clinton administration; Jack L. Schenendorf; Peter Flanagan; Jennifer Plitsch; Benjamin J. Razi; and Allegra Lane.

Halliburton's lobbying expenses are disclosed in documents submitted under the Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995, which requires congressional and executive branch lobbyists to disclose their lobbying activities twice per year. Each year the information is disclosed at the Senate Office of Public Records.

Phillip Morris

Covington & Burling also served as corporate affairs consultants to the Philip Morris group of companies, according to a 1993 internal budget review document which indicated the firm was paid $280,000 to "serve as general counsel to the Consumer Products Company Tort Coalition, agree the legal objectives with member company litigators, draft legislation and amendments, prepare lobby papers and testimony for legislative committees and administer the coalition's budget".[14]

During the $280 billion U.S. federal lawsuit against big tobacco, Covington & Burling partner John Rupp, a former lawyer with the industry-funded Tobacco Institute, testified that "the industry sought out scientists and paid them to make an 'objective appraisal' of whether secondhand smoke was harmful to non-smokers, a move they hoped would dispel the 'extreme views' of some anti-smoking activists." He "said the scientists, who came from prestigious institutions such as Georgetown University and the University of Massachusetts Amherst, did not consider themselves to be working 'on behalf' of cigarette makers even though they were being paid by the industry." Rupp said, "We were paying them to share their views in forums where they would be usefully presented," according to Reuters.[15]

Southern Peru Copper Corporation

According to a September 2003 press release from the firm, Covington & Burling successfully argued on behalf of the Southern Peru Copper Corporation to drop a lawsuit brought against it under the Alien Tort Claims Act (ATCA) by Peruvian citizens charging the copper company with polluting communities and causing health problems. ATCA has been used to address serious human rights violations in places like Burma and East Timor. In their release, Covington & Burling decried the "aggressive, expansionist plaintiffs' litigation" under ATCA.[16]

Chiquita International Brands

Partner Eric Holder in 2007 defended Chiquita International Brands against lawsuits brought by relatives of people slain by terrorists and paramilitia belonging to the United Self-Defense Forces of Colombia, which Chiquita paid for protection.[17][18] Holder had previously helped Chiquita negotiate a felony plea bargain, accepted by U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth, in a criminal prosecution by the federal government for one count of supporting a designated terrorist organization. The plea involved a fine of $25 million USD, also entailing 5 years probation. Chiquita became the first major U.S. corporation to be convicted of financing terrorism. After the settlement, U.S. Assistant Attorney Jonathan Malis said the $1.7 million in payments "fueled violence" and "paid for weapons and ammunition to kill innocent people." Holder stressed that Chiquita had asked the Department of Justice in 2003 if the payments should be stopped.[19]

Xe Services (formerly Blackwater Worldwide)

In April 2010, The Hill newspaper reported that Xe Services, formerly known as Blackwater Worldwide, hired Covington & Burling to lobby on “government contracts,” according to a lobbying disclosure filing. According to the Hill, "[t]his is the first lobbying contract Blackwater has had since early 2009, when it terminated contracts with several different firms." The lobbying report listed the following Covington personnel engaged by Xe: Stuart Eizenstat,[20] a former Treasury deputy secretary during the Clinton administration; Brian Smith,[21] an ex-Clinton White House aide; former Congressman Michael Barnes[22] (D-Md.); Martin Gold,[23] a former floor adviser to ex-Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-Tenn.); and William Wichterman,[24] a former White House aide in the George W. Bush administration.

David Samson

David Samson serves as the Chairman of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ) and is a partner and founding member of the law firm Wolff & Samson. In January 2014, it was revealed that Samson was the direct supervisor of Bill Baroni, who resigned from the PANYNJ in December, 2013 for his role in creating a traffic hazard in Fort Lee, New Jersey. [25] This fueled speculation that Samson was involved in the scandal known as Bridgegate. Official e-mails sent from Samson to other Port Authority officials sharply criticized Port Authority Executive Director Patrick Joseph Foye's order to re-open the two closed toll lanes on the George Washington Bridge, accusing the latter of "stirring up trouble."[26] Samson has been summoned to appear before the New Jersey Legislature on the matter[27] and has engaged the firm as part of his legal team.[28]

Now he is whining?

Please...

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin turned Attorney General Eric Holder’s veiled threat to a congressman back on himself Wednesday, saying his idea about an identification bracelet for gun owners was a notion better left untouched.

Specifically, she threw Mr. Holder’s own words to Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert back at him: “Eric, ‘You don’t want to go there, buddy,’ ” Mrs. Palin wrote on her Facebook page.

You GO GIRL!!!!