Crimea

BaalChatzaf

The Crimea is the new Sudatenland.

What will be the new Poland?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Hmmm, the old Poland?

Darrell

Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania before that.

Both of my grandparents came to America from Riga in Latvia. They all died before I was born but I was told that they fled to avoid being drafted

into the military. One grandfather owned a small grocery store and the other grandfather was a laborer who worked on building the downtown subway system in Manhattan

My mother's parents had eleven children of which my mother was the seventh.

Unfortunately my father's last name is lost as he was dubbed Cohen by a bureaucrat at Ellis Island. That explained the thickness of the Brooklyn Telephone Book which was filled with dozens of pages of Cohens and Goldbergs and Levys. So it is hard to trace ancestry.

Of course the farther back one goes in time the more ancestors you had. So I expect that somewhere back there were those who tilled the soil or sold pots and pans.

Given the chaos in the world today and the prospect of an inflationary depression in our future it is an inspiration to know that perhaps thousands of our own ancestors lived through the Dark Ages not to mention the Stone Age.

I expect that it is predictable that Putin will take over countries formerly in the Soviet Union whether they like it or not and doubt that the West will do anything to stop it.

gg