Why I Unsubscribed from RSA Emails

syrakusos

I attached this note to my unsubscribe:

"After much thought and introspection, I have to withdraw my moral sanction from RSA for their having caved in to unconstitutional political pull in creating backdoors into their systems. This was not an easy decision. I have written about RSA - first the algorithm, then the company - for over 30 years. Allow me to suggest that you read ATLAS SHRUGGED. Like bits on a chip, every choice is by definition a moral choice: right or wrong. Every girder in a bridge is placed in answer to one question: right or wrong? Is the bit on or is the bit off? A or non-A. "
If you do not know the issue, put "RSA backdoor" into your search engine. Among the many hits will be this one:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/privacy/23369/boycot-emc-rsa-conference-nsa-backdoor-rsac-itbwcw

The article lists significant producers who will not be attending the RSA Conference Feb 22-28. If you search for "RSA Conference Boycott," you will find many hits, such as this one from Information Week.

9 Security Experts Boycott RSA Conference

Several leading security experts have pulled out of the RSA conference over unanswered questions concerning the NSA's $10 million payment to RSA.

So the 10 million dollar payment wasn't in the same realm as a scholarship? Just kidding. Scary. I see Rand Paul is starting a lawsuit against our snoop dog government. That along with withdrawing moral sanction, as Michael M. has done is a step in the right direction.