Ebola

There has not been a vaccine created because there wasn't any money in it. As long as it was an African problem no one cared.

Now that it has hit America there is a mad scramble to find a cure? It has been around since 1976(ish) not like they have not had any time..

In 1976 we do not have a dawg in the hunt or a hoss in the race. People deal mostly with what affects them closely and immediately.

Ba'al Chatzaf

See!

This proves [JTS ALERT] that the big corporate WHITE pharmaceutical privileged WHITE interlocking global directorates kept Ebola in Africa because there are only black people in Africa, ask Farrakhan.

The only WHITES are Colonial Invaders and Interlopers.

A...

I can define with the best of em...

By golly! Stay away from hospitals. Other sources on The Net said we have reached 10,000 deaths world wide from Ebola, which sounds like BS to me.

Can anyone verify that 911 operators in NYC cannot use the word, Ebola? I found the following at the New York Post site:

At no point shall a dispatcher transmit over the radio any message containing the word Ebola or related terminology, according to the advisory, which was obtained by The Post.

Dispatchers instead must use the code letters F/T, as in Fever/Travel, to indicate that a 911 caller has a fever and a history of travel to West Africa. Engine XXX, utilize Universal Precautions you are responding to a Fever/Travel incident, dispatchers are now ordered to say.

A source said the directive is meant to minimize fear of a citywide outbreak, since the emergency radio channels are closely monitored by civilian hobbyists and members of the media.

Just like you cant say bomb on an airplane, we cant say Ebola,  said the source. Back in the 80s and 90s, taking universal precautions meant someone has AIDS. And we werent allowed to say AIDS either.

And from AUSTIN, TEXAS--

A well known and highly respected doctor has come forth with claims that the U.S. government has been intentionally concealing cases of Ebola in the United States.

Dr. James Lawrenzi made the comments on Thursday while appearing as a guest on the Alex Jones Show. Jones, the host of a nationally broadcast radio talk show, Infowars, has been an outspoken critic of the way in which the Ebola health crisis has been handled by the Obama administration. Lawrenzi, who owns and operates two health care facilities located in in Garden City and Archie, Missouri, claims that the number of Ebola patients in the U.S. is much higher than what the CDC has been letting on.

According to Dr. Lawrenzi, his suspicions first arose shortly after news broke that Thomas Eric Duncan, a Liberian visiting family in Dallas, Texas, was diagnosed with the deadly disease in September of 2014. Lawrenzi claims that he was told by a doctor at Truman Lakewood Medical Center in Kansas City that the hospital was also treating a patient with Ebola like symptoms who was demonstrating a high fever and was bleeding profusely from multiple orifices after having recently returned from West Africa. The following day, claims Lawrenzi, the same doctor told him that the patient had "disappeared" but that it was highly unlikely that the patient could have left of his own accord giving his grave medical condition.

Another patient displaying classic Ebola like symptoms was then admitted to Kansas City's Research Medical Center the following day but also quickly disappeared, said Lawrenzi. Neither patient has ever been found.

These patients are disappearing, theyre doing something with the patients and God knows where theyre going, the doctor said.

Lawrenzi said he did not know why the federal government would be intentionally trying to hide the number of patients infected with Ebola, or where they may be taking the infected patients to. but speculated that the cover up may be being carried out by the Centers for Disease Control as a means of preventing panic.

Theyre preparing for something, the doctor added, conjecturing that the illness may be used by the Obama administration as a means of implementing a medically induced "martial law".

The doctor's suspicions were validated, he said, when health officials told workers at his own health clinics that they were not to use the term "Ebola" when dealing with the public.

Dr. Lawrenzi's claims mesh with reports published by the New York Post, who recently broke the story that New York City's 911 operators have been banned from using the term "Ebola" over public radios. According to the Post's report, a NYFD memo dictates that all employees refrain from using the word effective immediately. At no point shall a dispatcher transmit over the radio any message containing the word Ebola or related terminology, said the memo. Instead dispatchers have been told to use the code letters F/T, as in Fever/Travel, to communicate that a person for which 911 has been called is demonstrating a fever and has a history of travel to West Africa.

When flu season hits, people are going to be coming into the hospital for flu or Ebola, theyre not going to know what they have.its going to be a nightmare, every doctor Ive spoken with is terrified of this fall" said Lawerenzi.

The doctor ended the interview by urging people tostay away from places where theres large groups of people, including hospitals, he said, as the situation was much more serious than theyre letting on.

Well I am totally content now that NY City has a confirmed case because if you can catch it here, you can catch it anywhere.

Now NY City is back where it should be - # 1!

So start spreading the news...and of course Ebola.

A...

How about even grosser?

Start spreading the disease, I am sneezing today.

I want to upchuck in, New York, New York.

These vagabond shoes, are longing to stray

Right through the very crap and shit of it, New York, New York.

I wanna wake up to those sirens and ambulances,

In that city that doesn't sleep.

And find I'm the last of my kind, on top of the heap.

These little blues pustules, are melting away.

I'll make a brand new start of it, in Zombie New York.

If I can survive there,

I'll survive it anywhere.

It's up to you, New York, New York.

How about even grosser?

Start spreading the disease, I am sneezing today.

I want to upchuck in, New York, New York.

These vagabond shoes, are longing to stray

Right through the very crap and shit of it, New York, New York.

I wanna wake up to those sirens and ambulances,

In that city that doesn't sleep.

And find I'm the last of my kind, on top of the heap.

These little blues pustules, are melting away.

I'll make a brand new start of it, in Zombie New York.

If I can survive there,

I'll survive it anywhere.

It's up to you, New York, New York.

Upchuck and sneezes is not how Ebola is normally spread.

"Normal" for Ebola has yet to be established and what is normal in Africa is likely to be not normal elsewhere.

--Brant

ric

Here is how it is spread in Africa.

• blood or body fluids (including but not limited to urine, saliva, sweat, feces, vomit, breast milk, and semen) of a person who is sick with Ebola
  • objects (like needles and syringes) that have been contaminated with the virus
  • infected fuit bats or primates (apes and monkeys)

Please see: http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/transmission/index.html?s_cid=cs_3923

From the CDC article that Ba'al referenced:

Healthcare providers caring for Ebola patients and the family and friends in close contact with Ebola patients are at the highest risk of getting sick because they may come in contact with infected blood or body fluids of sick patients . . . During outbreaks of Ebola, the disease can spread quickly within healthcare settings (such as a clinic or hospital). Exposure to Ebola can occur in healthcare settings where hospital staff are not wearing appropriate protective equipment, including masks, gowns, and gloves and eye protection.

end quote

The evidence does point to contamination primarily from people caring for a sick individual, such as health care workers, but the groups at risk also include family members, infected bats, primates (apes and monkeys) and "handling bushmeat (wild animals hunted for food)." Oh, oh. Deer hunting season starts in November around here. And apparently appropriate protective equipment is not going to do the job. They need to rethink that oxymoron. Airplanes are probably incubators or they would not be contacting Ebola patient's fellow flyers.

The CDC also claims "Ebola is not spread through the air or by water, or in general, by food." What if the waiter or cook at a restaurant contaminates your food because you were a rude customer? Can I still yell, "Tell the cook to give this steak two more minutes!" I think not. Surveillance cameras in the kitchen may be the next countermeasure. I think there will be a lot of irate shoppers when the flu season gets into high gear. Stores open at midnight to get the pushy, elbow throwing Christmas shoppers. Hack! Cough! Wheeze!

Things are going to change with a few more infections. Amazon UPS and FedX deliveries are starting to sound pretty good but what if the uniformed delivery guy is sick with Ebola? Panic attacks may happen but everyone will have that nagging fear at the back of their mind.

From the CDC article that Ba'al referenced:

Healthcare providers caring for Ebola patients and the family and friends in close contact with Ebola patients are at the highest risk of getting sick because they may come in contact with infected blood or body fluids of sick patients . . . During outbreaks of Ebola, the disease can spread quickly within healthcare settings (such as a clinic or hospital). Exposure to Ebola can occur in healthcare settings where hospital staff are not wearing appropriate protective equipment, including masks, gowns, and gloves and eye protection.

end quote

The evidence does point to contamination primarily from people caring for a sick individual, such as health care workers, but the groups at risk also include family members, infected bats, primates (apes and monkeys) and "handling bushmeat (wild animals hunted for food)." Oh, oh. Deer hunting season starts in November around here. And apparently appropriate protective equipment is not going to do the job. They need to rethink that oxymoron. Airplanes are probably incubators or they would not be contacting Ebola patient's fellow flyers.

The CDC also claims "Ebola is not spread through the air or by water, or in general, by food." What if the waiter or cook at a restaurant contaminates your food because you were a rude customer? Can I still yell, "Tell the cook to give this steak two more minutes!" I think not. Surveillance cameras in the kitchen may be the next countermeasure. I think there will be a lot of irate shoppers when the flu season gets into high gear. Stores open at midnight to get the pushy, elbow throwing Christmas shoppers. Hack! Cough! Wheeze!

Things are going to change with a few more infections. Amazon UPS and FedX deliveries are starting to sound pretty good but what if the uniformed delivery guy is sick with Ebola? Panic attacks may happen but everyone will have that nagging fear at the back of their mind.

Is there any clinical evidence of the disease being spread by coughing and sneezing? If so, please cite.

Ba'a Chatzaf

"Normal" for Ebola has yet to be established and what is normal in Africa is likely to be not normal elsewhere.

--Brant

Here is how it is spread in Africa.

• blood or body fluids (including but not limited to urine, saliva, sweat, feces, vomit, breast milk, and semen) of a person who is sick with Ebola
  • objects (like needles and syringes) that have been contaminated with the virus
  • infected fuit bats or primates (apes and monkeys)

Please see: http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/transmission/index.html?s_cid=cs_3923

We don't even yet know what is "normal" for Africa. "How it is spread" is only what we know so far as to how it is spread.

--Brant

Any disease that has a 50-70% fatality rate should have no assumptions made about how it might spread, particularly a virus of this hemorrhagic strain.

However, it appears that we have a better survival rate based on the treatment received.

We have had five (5) [?] confirmed cases in the US.

One has died. Three have been "cured" and discharged.

One is currently in isolation in NY City.

Of the five, only one was infected in the United States.

Therefore, at this point, our survival rate is at best 80% and at worst 60%, depending on the currently isolated NY case.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/02/22/us-usa-bushmeat-idUSTRE51L1A720090222

Another problem Bob, is that approximately 15,000 lbs of bush meat is smuggled into NY City each month.

This "illegal" meat has been described as a possible transmission source for the virus.

In Bronx County alone, approximately 75,000 residents are from West Africa.

This Bush meet is sold surreptitiously sold in the backs of African "bodegas," restaurants and other ethnic West African businesses.

Finally, and frankly, this possibility scares the crap out of me:

Nothing to see here or be concerned about the ex- Secretary of State took her big Red Reset button to meet with Putin...

And of course, Hillary Rodham Rodham "the smartest woman in the world" Clinton told us that the Russian were now our friends!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/ebola-crisis-rekindles-concerns-about-secret-research-in-russian-military-labs/2014/10/23/ce409716-5945-11e4-b812-38518ae74c67_story.html

The Siberian complex known as Vector was a top Soviet research facility for bioweapons. Today, its scientists study defenses against Ebola and other pathogens. A lab worker accidentally contracted Ebola in 2004 while working on vaccines. (Joby Warrick/The Washington Post)
By Joby Warrick October 24
She was an ordinary lab technician with an uncommonly dangerous assignment: drawing blood from Ebola-infected animals in a secret military laboratory. When she cut herself at work one day, she decided to keep quiet, fearing she’d be in trouble. Then the illness struck.
“By the time she turned to a doctor for help, it was too late,” one of her overseers, a former bio­weapons scientist, said of the accident years afterward. The woman died quickly and was buried, according to one account, in a “sack filled with calcium hypochlorite,” or powdered bleach.
The 1996 incident might have been forgotten except for the pathogen involved — a highly lethal strain of Ebola virus — and where the incident occurred: inside a restricted Russian military lab that was once part of the Soviet Union’s biological weapons program. Years ago, the same facility in the Moscow suburb of Sergiev Posad cultivated microbes for use as tools of war. Today, much of what goes on in the lab remains unknown.
The fatal lab accident and a similar one in 2004 offer a rare glimpse into a 35-year history of Soviet and Russian interest in the Ebola virus. The research began amid intense secrecy with an ambitious effort to assess Ebola’s potential as a biological weapon, and it later included attempts to manipulate the virus’s genetic coding, U.S. officials and researchers say. Those efforts ultimately failed as Soviet scientists stumbled against natural barriers that make Ebola poorly suited for bio­warfare.

The bioweapons program officially ended in 1991, but Ebola research continued in Defense Ministry laboratories, where it remains largely invisible despite years of appeals by U.S. officials to allow greater transparency. Now, at a time when the world is grappling with an unprecedented Ebola crisis, the wall of secrecy surrounding the labs looms still larger, arms-control experts say, feeding conspiracy theories and raising suspicions.

“The bottom line is, we don’t know what they’re doing with any of the pathogens in their possession,” said Amy Smithson, a biological weapons expert who has traveled to several of the labs and written extensively about the Soviet-era weapons complex.

At least four military labs have remained off-limits to any outside scrutiny since the end of the Cold War, even as civilian-run institutions adopted more transparent policies and permitted collaborations with foreign researchers and investors, U.S. officials and weapons experts say. Even acknowledging — as most experts do — that Russia halted work on offensive bio­weapons decades ago, the program’s opacity is a recurring irritant in diplomatic relations and a source of worry for security and health experts who cite risks ranging from unauthorized or rogue experiments to the theft or accidental escape of deadly microbes.

Yep...this one worries me.

A...

Who wants to take a chance on bodily fluids that are SUPPOSED to not cause infection?

Jon wrote:

That's clinical evidence enough for me.

end quote

I know that guy . . . . the guy who spits when he is jogging because the cooler temperature acts on his sinuses and gums. And watch out for the guy who keeps swallowing during a conversation. He wont mean to spit but . . .

After the next round of infections, I dont think anyone will stand for a sick person to be around them, and I think most people will worry about hospital workers, health facility ventilation, etc. - people will run from the coughers.

I saw President Barrack Ebola hugging the nurse who is now Ebola free. Really? Would you do that? Maybe after a year of being Ebola free. Now his wife and kids need to worry. Time for another fund raiser and contamination exercise.

I sent a priority e-mail to the CDC explaining that I am perfectly willing to serve the country and fight Ebola...I generously offered to

accept a traveler who looked precisely like:

1414263433195_Image_galleryImage_I_am_a_

I explained that we had a safe room and plenty of restraints.

A...

Standing Up For America...

Very nice looking. It seems like you may be paying a compliment to someone you know. Who is she? Just in case you know her I won't joke about her hair being red all over her body.

Peter, you have heard of shaving, correct?

At any rate, she is the nurse who was forcibly quarantined by that paragon of libertarian values Governor Christie.

She is the nurse from, I believe Texas, who worked with Doctors Without Borders in an Ebola Hot Zone in Sierra Leone, in Western Africa.

Apparently, she was not treated "nicely" by the state actors who, upon her allegations, interrogated her for hours and did not tell her why.

She is suing.

Even the President, who shared an "intimate political kiss" on the Broadwalk, post storm, with the Governor is demanding that these quarantines should be terminated.

The Obama administration has expressed deep concerns to the governors of New York and New Jersey and is consulting with them to modify their orders to quarantine medical volunteers returning from West Africa as President Obama seeks to quickly develop a new, nationwide policy for the workers, according to two senior administration officials.

One administration official said the federal government has been pressing the governors to back off their decisions, which quarantine all medical workers who had contact with Ebola patients. But another official said the administration has not specifically asked the governors to reverse their policies.

Mr. Obama held a meeting with his top advisers at the White House on Sunday as officials work to craft a policy that reassures Americans that they are protected from the virus while following the guidance of the government’s scientific advisers. Officials said that policy will be ready in days and that the government would urge all states to follow it.

26NYPATIENTjp2sub-master180.jpg

On Sunday both governors, Andrew M. Cuomo of New York and Chris Christie of New Jersey, stood by their decisions, saying that the current federal guidelines did not go far enough.

At the same time, the first person to be forced into isolation under the new protocols, Kaci Hickox, a nurse returning from Sierra Leone, planned to mount a legal challenge to the quarantine order. Despite having no symptoms, she has been kept under quarantine at a hospital in New Jersey, where she has been confined to a tent equipped with a portable toilet and no shower. On Sunday, she spoke to CNN about the way she has been treated, describing it as “inhumane.”

The rapidly escalating events played out both privately, in intense negotiations and phone calls between federal and state officials, as well as publicly in Ms. Hickox’s pointed criticism of the New Jersey governor.

Now, as this picture clearly shows [JTS ALERT], there are two (2) aliens flanking Christie...and you can see the terror in his eyes...

or, they may be unwrapping the Italian heros for snacks...

or, it could be just racism and sexism...as you can see, the panel is all white and all male and conclusively the nurse is a white female...see

27GOVERNORS-master675.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/27/nyregion/ebola-quarantine.html?emc=edit_na_20141026

A...

In conversations with people over the years, with people who seemed otherwise in pretty good control of themselves, I've had their spittle land on my face, lips, and even eyeball. That's clinical evidence enough for me.

Keep your distance or wear a mask.

The Pope's son, Raggedy Andy Cuomo, the despicable creature who stood outside the entrance of St. John's University in the 1977 NY City Democratic mayoralty primary where Koch squared off against his Dad and carried the sign, "Vote for Cuomo, not the homo!" has just cowardly capitulated to his Massa, President O'bama.

Facing fierce resistance from the White House and medical experts to a strict new mandatory quarantine policy for all medical workers who had contact with Ebola patients in West Africa, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said Sunday night that people quarantined in New York who do not show symptoms of the disease would be allowed to remain at home and would receive compensation for lost income.

Mr. Cuomo’s decision came after a weekend in which administration officials urged him and Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey to reconsider the mandatory quarantine they announced on Friday. Aides to President Obama also asked other governors and mayors to follow a policy based on science, seeking to stem a steady movement toward more stringent measures in recent days at the state level.

The weather vane that passes for his decision making's ethical structure got wind of the gas from Washington and does not even have the good sense to hold his nose.

The only political mouth breather that has two (2) Malocchio [Malocchii?].

It’s the look that one person gives to another if they are jealous or envious of another. According to Italian folklore, those giving the malocchio can cause harm to someone else. Legend says that it’s just another way of putting a curse on others that can cause physical pain such as head or stomach aches or cause misfortune.

I mean, seriously, look at those eyes!!

27governors-hp-master675.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/27/nyregion/ebola-quarantine.html?emc=edit_na_20141026