9/11- Never Forget

I just wanted to make a thread in honor of everybody who gave their life on that day. I believe honoring them every passing year is very important.

David, I join your sentiment. However, I’d like to refine your quick phrase “gave their life.” The people working in the towers did not give their life. They lost their life, innocent victims of an atrocity by foreign powers. Remember them. Remember the evil still afoot, the terrorist attacks our country must defend itself from. The emergency responders who died on 9/11, yes, they gave their lives. Yes, remember them this day. The men and women from our country and others who chased the murderous instigators from reign in Afghanistan, those determined men and women who gave their lives or limbs or health, yes, remember them this day. Remember that day.

an atrocity by foreign powers

Saudi Arabia, Egyptians, US-funded mujahideen, Iraq, or what?

Not sure how innocent Cantor Fitzgerald, the Pentagon, and White House (Flight 93 target) were or are.

How stupid are we?

In 1996, a wealthy Saudi cleric issued a fatwā calling for American soldiers to leave Saudi Arabia. In a second fatwā issued in 1998, he repeated the condemnation of American troops stationed in Saudi Arabia: "For over seven years the United States has been occupying the lands of Islam in the holiest of places, the Arabian Peninsula."

A few days after the 9/11 WTC and Pentagon attacks, the FBI identified all 19 hijackers. Fifteen of the men were from Saudi Arabia. So, why didn't we bomb Saudi Arabia? The 9/11 attack was planned and led by an Egyptian. Why didn't we bomb Egypt?

Capturing or killing the wealthy Saudi cleric, Osama bin Laden, had been a national security objective of the U.S. government since 1998. Bill Clinton directed the CIA to apprehend bin Laden and bring him to the U.S. to stand trial, or if taking him alive was too difficult, then deadly force was authorized. In August 1998, the U.S. Navy fired 66 cruise missiles at bin Laden's camp in Afghanistan, narrowly missing him by a few hours. In 2000, CIA operatives fired an RPG at a convoy of vehicles in which bin Laden was traveling, hitting one of the cars, but not the one in which bin Laden was riding. In other words we attacked Osama bin Ladin repeatedly, long before September 11, 2001 — and then blamed him for attacking us?

Saddam Hussein had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11. So, why did we invade and occupy Iraq at a cost of $2 trillion and 4,400 dead?—not counting 1.8 million refugees and 100,000 Iraqi dead. In 2005, a Pentagon study found that one in four U.S. troops who survived the Iraq War came home with health problems that required medical or mental health treatment, over 79,000 casualties. U.S. officials accused Saddam of harboring and supporting al-Qaeda, but no evidence of a connection was ever discovered. They also claimed that Saddam had WMD—none were found.

[COGIGG, p.139]

Obama: "The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam."

Hillary:  "At this point, what difference does it make?"

David, I join your sentiment. However, Id like to refine your quick phrase gave their life. The people working in the towers did not give their life. They lost their life, innocent victims of an atrocity by foreign powers. Remember them. Remember the evil still afoot, the terrorist attacks our country must defend itself from. The emergency responders who died on 9/11, yes, they gave their lives. Yes, remember them this day. The men and women from our country and others who chased the murderous instigators from reign in Afghanistan, those determined men and women who gave their lives or limbs or health, yes, remember them this day. Remember that day.

You are right, I apologize. I should have worded it differently.

David, I join your sentiment. However, Id like to refine your quick phrase gave their life. The people working in the towers did not give their life. They lost their life, innocent victims of an atrocity by foreign powers. Remember them. Remember the evil still afoot, the terrorist attacks our country must defend itself from. The emergency responders who died on 9/11, yes, they gave their lives. Yes, remember them this day. The men and women from our country and others who chased the murderous instigators from reign in Afghanistan, those determined men and women who gave their lives or limbs or health, yes, remember them this day. Remember that day.

Well put Stephen.

David, no reason to apologize because OL also means Ongoing Learning.

A...

Some nice pictures of the new Liberty [oops - it is all Wolf's fault with all this liberty talk lol] Freedom Tower and the video at the bottom is astounding...

http://www.libertynews.com/2014/09/10-pictures-of-new-wtc-being-built-that-will-blow-your-mind-plus-bonus-video-of-final-spire-placement/

Some nice pictures of the new Liberty [oops - it is all Wolf's fault with all this liberty talk lol] Freedom Tower and the video at the bottom is astounding...

http://www.libertynews.com/2014/09/10-pictures-of-new-wtc-being-built-that-will-blow-your-mind-plus-bonus-video-of-final-spire-placement/

These are awesome pictures, I loved the shot from the bottom of the tower, it was quite moving.

Unlike some on this Board who don't like the structure, I see it as a beautiful bldg & an astonishing achievement.

Unlike some on this Board who don't like the structure, I see it as a beautiful bldg & an astonishing achievement.

I disliked the twin towers at an 8 out of 10. Such a perfect position to create

something great and we got two bar graph shapes that are even and signifying nothing...

I was skeptical about this structure. However, it is stunning and has a beautiful sweep upward for the eye.

Now, the National Association of Gals [NAG] will want it torn down due to it's male

phallic representation which demeans women by it's very existence.

A...

something great and we got two bar graph shapes that are even and signifying nothing...

I was skeptical about this structure. However, it is stunning and has a beautiful sweep upward for the eye.

Now, the National Association of Gals [NAG] will want it torn down due to it's male

A...

lol. NAG may cut it some slack since there are no balls dangling from the bldg.

A...

I heard that Lorena Bobbitt is NAG's Woman of the Year every year since 1993...

A...

ouch...

A...

I heard that Lorena Bobbitt is NAG's Woman of the Year every year since 1993...

A...

ouch...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2616197/Lorena-Bobbitt-speaks-21-years-sliced-husbands-penis-reveals-incident-didnt-hurt-dating-life.html