Blown off on Noodlefood

Mark

For what it's worth, I think Yaron Brook has been doing an excellent job as a manager and fundraiser. I don't let my strong disagreement with some aspects of his policies translate into a blanket criticism, which would be unfair and silly. According to a newspaper report, Brook took over when ARI had a $2 million budget and the budget is now $6.7 million. I'd say he's been worth his salary.

Frankly, I think we should get off this salary kick, which is a diversion from issues of substance.

Agreed on Brook as manager/fundraiser. It is his policy and his content which should cause concern.

I think that if one wants to get to issues of substance, then a thread on Noodlefood is not the proper place to be.

Alfonso (smiling)

For what it's worth, I think Yaron Brook has been doing an excellent job as a manager and fundraiser. I don't let my strong disagreement with some aspects of his policies translate into a blanket criticism, which would be unfair and silly. According to a newspaper report, Brook took over when ARI had a $2 million budget and the budget is now $6.7 million. I'd say he's been worth his salary.

Yes, he's a good fundraiser. But isn't one of the jobs of the president of a company to find ways to convince the public of the attractiveness and desirability of his product? Brook is surely not succeeding at that.

Barbara

• 2 years later...

Three years ago, Barbara Branden wrote: "Yes, [Yaron Brook is] a good fundraiser. But isn't one of the jobs of the president of a company to find ways to convince the public of the attractiveness and desirability of his product? Brook is surely not succeeding at that."

Brook was very successful recently in convincing Diana Hsieh of the desirability of ARI's muzzle-discussion product, namely, the ideology of muzzle-discussionism as applied particularly to the implications and practice of fundamental principles of reason, independence and integrity. It is just wrong to suggest that Brook has not been effective in this sort of thing. Despite some recent cracks in the facade, he managed with a great surge of heroic effort to plaster them over, and now all ARI drones march in happy unity, all differentiation subsumed by the integration, all multiplicity made one.

Edited by Starbuckle

Three years ago, Barbara Branden wrote: "Yes, [Yaron Brook is] a good fundraiser. But isn't one of the jobs of the president of a company to find ways to convince the public of the attractiveness and desirability of his product? Brook is surely not succeeding at that."

Brook was very successful recently in convincing Diana Hsieh of the desirability of ARI's muzzle-discussion product, namely, the ideology of muzzle-discussionism as applied particularly to the implications and practice of fundamental principles of reason, independence and integrity. It is just wrong to suggest that Brook has not been effective in this sort of thing. Despite some recent cracks in the facade, he managed with a great surge of heroic effort to plaster them over, and now all ARI drones march in happy unity, all differentiation subsumed by the integration, all multiplicity made one.

Who are you, Starbuckle? Why don't you tell us? I could give you props for this and that if not for one or the other if my default impression wasn't you are a coward. Not saying u are for there's a lot I don't know about particular circumstances. Why not make yourself real enough for us to get a grip on you without blowing your cover? I can understand why in this age it's wise to be anon.--even imperative--if not for me then thee, but there is nuttin' in your profile to make u real.

--Brant

22 yrs n countin' w/ litttle Internet hidin'--but I'd do it different if I could start over: Hide the silver!

Edited by Brant Gaede

Robert, I'm afraid you simply don't understand. It is not Brook and Peikoff who are profiting from their use of Rand's name. It is I, who at the height of NBI's success -- when I was running the business in New York, writing and presenting a series of lectures in New York and Philadelphia, functioning as Managing Editor of The Objectivist, and handling tape courses in eighty cities, for which my combined salary was $15,000 -- who was venal enough to grow rich from my exploitation of Ayn Rand. As is only proper, Peikoff et.al. have soundly criticized me for this.

Barbara

See what all that avarice and greed did for you?rolleyes.gif Maybe the real reason they are so mean to you is that they think you never overcharged enough. . .

Like I said on all this ARI-biz a bit earlier: Follow The Money.