Why Being a Knob Is Just Being a, well, Knob<tm>

Anyone know this knob? This is just when it really, really goes South. It is mini-"Peekov" (pronounciation by said Knob). He is relentless, horrible, and the worst thing that one could hope for. He should be killed for the haircut alone. Idea: Take him to a sleazy LA vampire club, and have him done up proper. Meaning, to wake up in a dumpster, with his pubes shaved, reeking of absinthe, and slowly starting to realize that every psychosexual act within grasp has been performed upon him, including wondering why he has weird glow-in-dark vampire fangs super-glued into his mouth. Love the timeline, the whiteboard, the general knob-o-lishishness.

If there was ANY question about why people react strangely to Rand aficianados, this should suffice.

I believe Hunter Thompson once issued a form letter, when Rolling Stone had budding poets send work to him, something to this effect: "If I had the time, I would hunt you down and drive a stake through your forehead."

rde

Welcome to the UberKnob<tm>

One of the bonuses of idly browsing the Online List, is turning up gems like this that I would not otherwise have known of.

I was interested enough to google Mr Cropper and turned up an essay "On Painting" he wrote on Oonline(2006). It was disfigured with misspellings but conveyed his point that modern painting is No Damn Good.

So what is he up to these days? He self-describes as the owner of the Cropper Lyceum, a private school in that hotbed of Objectivist culture, Salt Lake City.

I hope he has hired someone else to teach English.

A gem indeed.

It had/has all the ingredients for a delicious OL cocktail: RDE doing his Gonzo routine, Phil doing his, ahem, usual routine, Shayne doing his thing with wild-eyed wonder, and MSK acting the kind hearted soul he always is, all against the backdrop of some inexcusable absurdities on our Orthodox flank. The only thing I noticed to be absent was a bon mot or two from JR, or Ghs, and withering summing up via WSS's unique coup d'oeil.

Daunce: I hereby besiege you to revive not just your Best of the Week series, but also, perhaps, a OL Greatest Hits thread as well. Only you "have what it takes" for this kind of endeavor!

I would but I am a lazy second-hander.

OK, I capitulate.

Not BOW though, although I will retain the Committee and its premises to launch the gloatfest.

Frankly, OO and Solo just do not yield anything new or good enough to match up with what appears on OL regularly now.

First lurking, and now sampling exchanges amongst those you reference were what lured me onto OL in the first place and keep me happily occupied in the courtyard, hall and occasionally on the battlements.

Frankly, OO and Solo just do not yield anything new or good enough to match up with what appears on OL regularly now.

First lurking, and now sampling exchanges amongst those you reference were what lured me onto OL in the first place and keep me happily occupied in the courtyard, hall and occasionally on the battlements.

Carol,

I'm dying to see a synopsis of your upcoming publication - what was it again?

Uh yes - " A Pinko among Objectivists!" "(From Second-Hander to Prime Mover.)"

It should be most entertaining.

Just a peek.. :smile:

Carol,

"Under Their Very Noses.... How the Secret Plan was Accomplished by a Lone Intrepid Collectivist..."

Carol,

"Under Their Very Noses.... How the Secret Plan was Accomplished by a Lone Intrepid Collectivist..."

Can one be a lone collectivist?

Carol,

When one is only one one must!

Carol,

When one is only one one must!

If you say so, Musty One. :laugh:

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe of the Fundamentalist branch.

JJ

Is that an appropriate term for it? I grew up in a religious household, but my parents are (mostly) pretty lax about it—the F-word there was perhaps the worst thing you could say about a fellow Christian, and the mindset seems the same to me... Plus, random non-Oists probably would understand it better. "ARI is like the WBC of Objectivism!"

• 11 months later...

The shirtless dude talking about Peikoff is at his peak when he says "you really have to accept nature, don't you?"

Yeah, I guess so, including, in this case, pasty white skin and hairy man-boobs. I was becoming afraid that he was going to take it up a notch after that. Would the carpet match the curtain? What on EARTH was he thinking? I'm figuring maybe he is trying to attract females. Or other males. Or small apes, maybe.

Jeez.

rde

Today's special word is "boobylicious"

Has it been this long?

--Brant