You are not allowed to use that extension...

Michael,

You are probably trying to use a dynamic image extension, which is insecure hacker-wise.

Save your image to a free image hosting site (just Google: free image hosting site) and get the URL for the image from there.

Try to stick to jpg, png, and other standard formats and this will not be an issue.

One work-around I use a lot is from a marvelous program I own called Snagit. You can capture screen images or even screen videos with this program. Once captured, Snagit makes a new image out of it and I host the image to a private account on Screencast.com (a site owned by TechSmith, the creator of Snagit). That sounds a bit complicated, but it is drop-dead simple once you get the hang of it.

And, if I need to change the size, add a circle, arrow or other kind of highlight, add text, special effect, etc., the tools are fantastic and easy to use.

The best part about doing it this way is that images often get taken down over time, depending on the site of origin. In the way I do it, they never get taken down.

If you are interested in Snagit, it's about 50 bucks. I bought it myself awhile back and, for what it does, it was well worth the price. I think it's cheap.

And if you get it from my Amazon link, I will even get a small comission. (Yay! :) )

Snagit 12 for Windows.

Snagit 12 for Mac.

For anyone who gets it (from my link or anywhere else), just let me know and I will walk you through the process I use.

Michael