Allah'hu Akbar yet again and again.

BaalChatzaf

Al-Shabaab extremists singled out and killed 28 passengers who could not recite Islamic creed, Kenyan police say

Al-Shabaab extremists singled out and killed 28 passengers who could not recite Islamic creed, Kenyan police say

Why weren't the passengers armed to the teeth?

--Brant

because the USA will come and save them from Islam? From los banditos?

Are you blaming the victims?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Why weren't the passengers armed to the teeth?

--Brant

because the USA will come and save them from Islam? From los banditos?

Are you blaming the victims?

Ba'al Chatzaf

I'm suggesting blaming the reason(s), whatever they are. What are the reasons?

--Brant

so, no

--Brant

so, no

Maybe they could not buy guns. Either not available to them or they could not afford them. Have you thought of that?

And here at home, if an American is murdered, and he is not armed is it his fault he was killed?

Have you considered all the aspects of becoming armed?

You are quick with the blame and slow to investigate the reasons.

I live in New Jersey. It is against the law for me to acquire a fire arm and to carry it. It is all but impossible to get a permit to even keep a fire arm at home. So if someone murders me, I guess it is my fault for living in New Jersey.

Ba'al Chatzaf

--Brant

so, no

Maybe they could not buy guns. Either not available to them or they could not afford them. Have you thought of that?

And here at home, if an American is murdered, and he is not armed is it his fault he was killed?

I live in New Jersey. It is against the law for me to acquire a fire arm and to carry it. It is all but impossible to get a permit to even keep a fire arm at home. So if someone murders me, I guess it is my fault for living in New Jersey.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I note your condescension.

--Brant

I know the NJ law better than you do--at least the law as it was two decades ago

--Brant

so, no

Ba'al Chatzaf

--Brantle fo

I know the NJ law better than you do--at least the law as it was two decades ago

The year is 2014. It is virtually impossible to get a permit for a pistol and impossible for me to get a permit to carry.

So if I am murdered I guess it is my fault for living in New Jersey.

Ba'al Chatzaf

You keep on hammering that I'm championing the idea that those murdered Africans were their own victims. I'm not. Please stop.

Unless the law has been changed in the last 20 years, it is legal to own handguns and long guns in NJ without a permit on your property. I broke the law four times bringing my .357 into and out of the state plus I violated the NYC Sullivan Law in 1973 by carrying it through the Port Authority Terminal in my briefcase after a Greyhound trip from Arizona. Once in the house I was legally free to own and keep and use it in my house in self defense as defined by statute. Absent my confession the law could not prove I ever transported it off the property or onto it.

In regard to your previous snotty post about my experience with guns, I was well trained in light weapons and used them in Vietnam (and Cambodia) as a combatant combat medic. Included were the M-14 rifle (auto and semi-auto) and bayonet and the M-16. Three types of 30 cal. machinegun. 81mm mortar firing white phosphorous and high explosive and illumination. The M-79 grenade launcher. .45 automatic. .38 Special revolver. .45 cal. "grease gun." 12 gauge pump shotgun. Hand grenades. Explosive detonation cord and Claymore mines. Even the Bazooka. C-4 and military dynamite and blasting caps. And I fired a .50 on a .30 cal. tripod we got from the navy, but that was just for fun.

I moved back to Arizona for several reasons: restrictive gun laws, taxes, climate, etc.

--Brant

--Brant

so, no

Ba'al Chatzaf

--Brantle fo

The year is 2014. It is virtually impossible to get a permit for a pistol and impossible for me to get a permit to carry.

So if I am murdered I guess it is my fault for living in New Jersey.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Come on Bob...get semi auto shotgun. Absolutely no problem getting one in New Jersey.

A...

Come on guys!!!! I am in no great danger in my house. I live in a gated community. There is no legal way I can carry a loaded shotgun outside my house. I cannot take it on a bus, plane or train and I cannot walk around a city brandishing a shot gun. I will have to depend on other the police or my good luck.

Bob kolker

Come on guys!!!! I am in no great danger in my house. I live in a gated community. There is no legal way I can carry a loaded shotgun outside my house. I cannot take it on a bus, plane or train and I cannot walk around a city brandishing a shot gun. I will have to depend on other the police or my good luck.

Bob kolker

I live in Tucson. If I were to walk around with a long gun the sheriff would come. So, just what is the problem you have a problem with?

--Brant

Dayaamm!

So in New Jersey, one could find oneself in a situation where one could be killed if one did not know how to quote Islamic verses from memory?

That's serious.

I live in Illinois and the progressive stuff here is awful, including the ever-popular Muslim as victim and Jew as villain storyline, but there is nothing like the terror the poor citizens of New Jersey must feel.

I have not memorized anything from the Qu'ran, so if I lived in New Jersey, I would probably move rather than live with such a dire threat hanging over my head.

:smile:

Oh wait... the barbarity happened in Kenya...

Well... one cannot be too prepared...

All future victims! Move out of New Jersey now, before it's too late!

:smile:

Michael

Bob kolker

I live in Tucson. If I were to walk around with a long gun the sheriff would come. So, just what is the problem you have a problem with?

--Brant

il

Open carry is illegal in NJ except in certain cases. My situation does not avail be the legal right of open carry, either pistol, rifle or shotgun. In a word, I am unarmed.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob kolker

--Brant

Open carry is illegal in NJ except in certain cases. My situation does not avail be the legal right of open carry, either pistol, rifle or shotgun. In a word, I am unarmed.

Ba'al Chatzaf

That's the problem? You want to carry but can't? Do you want to carry? Would you if you could? You are aware that if you get into a gun fight you might lose? Will you actually shoot in self defense or just stand there and let the other fellow shot you?

--Brant

Precisely.

Carrying a concealed weapon is always an option whether it is "state legal," or, not.

Tecnichally, the recent cases at SCOTUS would say that you do have an unalienable right to "bear" your "arms."

No puns please.

Brant's questions are more important.

Are you:

1) skiled enough to carry the weapon?

2) prepared to kill?

3) aware enough to be in need of that weapon,

A...

Precisely.

Carrying a concealed weapon is always an option whether it is "state legal," or, not.

Tecnichally, the recent cases at SCOTUS would say that you do have an unalienable right to "bear" your "arms."

No puns please.

Are you:

2) prepared to kill?

A...

Adam correctly said:

"Are you:

1) skilled enough to carry the weapon?

2) prepared to kill?

3) aware enough to be in need of that weapon"

And if your answer is no, one shouldn't complain about the possible consequences you may experience down the road.

Precisely.

No puns please.

Are you:

2) prepared to kill?

A...

Adam correctly said:

"Are you:

1) skilled enough to carry the weapon?

2) prepared to kill?

3) aware enough to be in need of that weapon"

And if your answer is no, one shouldn't complain about the possible consequences you may experience down the road.

e

At my age with my hand eye co-ordination shot to shit, I would not dream of using a fire-arm. It looks like I will just have to use my wits to avoid dangerous situations.

Ba'al Chatzaf

At my age with my hand eye co-ordination shot to shit, I would not dream of using a fire-arm. It looks like I will just have to use my wits to avoid dangerous situations.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Good decision Bob...I meant no aspersions by asking those questions.

A...