Altruism

jts

jts, please. I do not click on links because often tey do not work and also I do not know if I will be iinterested and cannot take time to find out. Please include a brief synopsis of material you pass on to us. Actually a text version would be even better.

TIA

Carol

jts, please. I do not click on links because often tey do not work and also I do not know if I will be iinterested and cannot take time to find out. Please include a brief synopsis of material you pass on to us. Actually a text version would be even better.

TIA

Carol

I had a view idle moments while waiting for my grill to reach the proper temp so I checked it out. It appears to be a community of websites dedicated to altruism. The front page holds the usual montra of nonsense:

"We are an optimistic, positive community with members from both the under an-d the over-developed world. We are united by our commitment that a money-sentered struggle for personal gain is no way to make the world a better place. We try to ignore money but put people at the heart of what we do, concentrating on what will be of real benefit to others. "

WARNING! The following website is explicit and may be offensive to Objectivists. Parental guidance is recommended.

http://www.altruists.org/

Would be interesting to do some premise checking re a possible religious background from which they are arguing from.

I just looked at the website of Robin Upton, the founder of the movement; imo one could associate his picture with someone preaching from a 'sacred' text.

http://www.robinupton.com/

TY Dan. If a person spells worse tan I do at a time of my loss of several letters, I must deduce an inattention to detail , maybe a lack of information.

Or I was typing while cleaning charcoal marks off of my hand and more concerned about that :)

/Guilty