The Dog Ate the IRS's Homework?

The Dog Ate the IRS's Homework?

I'm sure everybody is familiar with the news in the following Politico link since it is everywhere right now, so I won't quote it. Those interested can go there and read the article.

Sources: Lois Lerner’s emails likely gone forever

I do have one question, though.

If the hard drive actually contained the only copy Lerner's emails between her and outside the IRS for the suspicious time frame and it was destroyed, why not call in the NSA and get the meta-data on her emails? It would be a piece of cake and the respective parties she communicated with would undoubtedly have copies which could be subpoenaed by Congress.

That's what the IRS would do with you or me if they needed to, so why not with Lerner?

Michael

It started with Steve Stockman (R-TX 36). Stockman ran against John Cornyn for the US Senate GOP primary, but lost. Cornyn is a CINO: Conservative in Name Only who sponsored the SOPA/PIPA legislation because it sounded like "law and order" but changed course when people pointed out the many flaws in giving the government power to shut down websites when someone posts something that violates someone else's copyright. Anyway, Stockman is a pretty good conservative who is not afraid of issues.

Jun 11, 2013
Press Release
‘If Obama has nothing to hide he has nothing to fear,’ says Stockman

WASHINGTON – Congressman Steve Stockman (R-Texas 36) Tuesday asked the House Government Reform and Oversight Committee to subpoena all National Security Agency records of phone calls between employees of the White House and the Internal Revenue Service.

On the Congressman's website here.

Stockman asks NSA for Lois Lerner metadata after IRS claims ‘glitch’ erased all incriminating emails
Jun 13, 2014
Press Release
‘Barack Obama has brought us Jimmy Carter’s economy and Richard Nixon’s excuses’

WASHINGTON – Congressman Steve Stockman Friday asked the National Security Agency to turn over all its metadata on the email accounts of former Internal Revenue Service Exempt Organizations division director Lois Lerner for the period between January 2009 and April 2011.

Also on his website, of course, here.

Folks:

Let's put Watergate in context with the IRS e-mails [some estimate at 43,000, which I find animpossible number to believe existed].

Watergate was two (2) political parties playing cy-op games late at night in hotels.

This IRS issue involves serious criminal charges, not just breaking and entering like a second story man in the Bronx.

A...

• 3 weeks later...

I was waiting for this Federal Judge's decision on this hearing today. He issued a strong order:

WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal judge on Thursday ordered the IRS to explain under oath how it lost a trove of emails to and from a central figure in the agency's tea party controversy.

U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan gave the tax agency a month to submit the explanation in writing. Sullivan said he is also appointing a federal magistrate to see whether the lost emails can be obtained from other sources.

http://news.yahoo.com/federal-judge-orders-irs-explain-lost-emails-172936766--politics.html

Now, there is a chance for criminal indictments. Pressure all seven (7) and anyone in their offices. Folks will begin to roll.

For example, apparently the two (2) ugly lips on Lerner, forgot to tell her not to "accidentally" let it slip that there is an independent Internal Message system at the IRS - apparently, Lois "the liar" Lerner was warning the malignant seven to be careful what they said in e-mails about this issue.

The Judge said that:

...the IRS declaration must be signed, under oath, by the appropriate IRS official.

"I'm going to hold tight to that Aug. 10 declaration," Sullivan said.

A...

And then there were three (3).

Judge Walton becomes the third (3rd) Federal Judge involved with Lois "the liar" Lerner and the IRS. It appears that there are several cases working their way through the DC circuit.

Cleta Mitchell: Judge Walton wants to hear from the IRS

Cleta Mitchell writes to report on the hearing before Judge Walton today on True The Vote’s motion for an order addressing discovery issues with the IRS on the destruction of evidence. Cleta writes:

Here is the order from today’s hearing – -Judge spent 2 hours asking questions – the judge is requiring the IRS to start testifying under oath – by persons with direct knowledge and by the end of next week. It is not a bad outcome – pretty good in my view. And he said he’s going to rule on the Motions to Dismiss in the next 30 days. Keep fingers crossed!

Here is Judge Walton’s order:

07-11-2014 Order Re Hearing

JOHN adds: I have heard about Judge Walton over the years, but didn’t know much about him. So I looked him up on Wikipedia. This anecdote suggests that he may not have a lot of patience with government corruption:

In fall 2005, the judge was driving his wife and daughter to the airport for a vacation when he came across an assailant attacking a cab driver on the side of the road. Walton tackled the assailant and subdued him until police arrived. The D.C. police spokesperson noted in response, “God bless Judge Walton. I surely wouldn’t want to mess with him.”

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2014/07/cleta-mitchell-judge-walton-wants-to-hear-from-the-irs.php

• 1 year later...

During the a status hearing today, Sullivan warned that the failure to follow his order was serious and the IRS and Justice Department’s excuses for not following his July 1 order were “indefensible, ridiculous, and absurd.” He asked the IRS’ Justice Department lawyer Geoffrey Klimas, “Why didn’t the IRS comply” with his court order and “why shouldn’t the Court hold the Commissioner of the IRS in contempt.” Judge Sullivan referenced his contempt findings against Justice Department prosecutors in the prosecution of late Senator Ted Stevens (R-AK) and reminded the Justice Department attorney he had the ability to detain him for contempt. Warning he would tolerate no further disregard of his orders, Judge Sullivan said,

“I will haul into court the IRS Commissioner to hold him personally into contempt.”

After the hearing, Judge Sullivan issued the following “minute order”:

At the July 29, 2015 status hearing, the Government agreed that the Court’s July 1, 2015 oral order from the bench was clear and enforceable. Nonetheless, the Government reasoned it inappropriate to file a motion for reconsideration until a written order was issued. As expressed at the hearing, the Government’s reasoning is nonsensical. Officers of the Court who fail to comply with Court orders will be held in contempt. Also, in the event of non-compliance with future Court orders, the Commissioner of the IRS and others shall be directed to show cause as to why they should not be held in contempt of Court. The Court’s July 1, 2015 ruling from the bench stands: (1) the Government shall produce relevant documents every Monday; (2) the Government’s document production shall be accompanied by a status report that indicates (a) whether TIGTA has turned over any new documents to the IRS, (b) if so, the number of documents, and © a timeframe for the IRSs production of those documents. Signed by Judge Emmet G. Sullivan on July 29, 2015.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/federal-judge-threatens-to-hold-irs-commissioner-doj-lawyers-in-contempt-of-court-over-lerner/