Proof That Rand Paul Is Running for President

Francisco Ferrer

His website removes books by Rand, Mises, Hazlitt, Goldwater, Buchanan, his dad, and others outside the boundary of acceptable opinion.

Book page before: freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Rand-Paul-Reading-List.pdf

Book page now: http://www.paul.senate.gov/?p=students

Let there be no doubt: Rand is no utopian idealist, but someone we can count on to roll up his sleeves and do what's practical, what works.

Even though I'm not into his isolationist foreign policy...I still like Rand a lot and will certainly vote for him if he has the best chance of beating whatever mutant the left throws into the ring.

In elections... the only real enemy is ideological purity because it makes the imaginary utopian best the enemy of the real pragmatic better.

This is horseshoes... where throwing close to the peg can still win even without the perfection of ringers.

Greg

His website removes books by Rand, Mises, Hazlitt, Goldwater, Buchanan, his dad, and others outside the boundary of acceptable opinion.

Book page before: freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Rand-Paul-Reading-List.pdf

Let there be no doubt: Rand is no utopian idealist, but someone we can count on to roll up his sleeves and do what's practical, what works,

And at least he's not an enemy of capitalism.

Let there be no doubt: Rand is no utopian idealist, but someone we can count on to roll up his sleeves and do what's practical, what works,

Agreed.

Therefore, am I understanding that you are endorsing him?

A little early, for me, however, I can walk with you for a while on this path.

A...

How is he concerning the Cronies. The Corporations that receive favors and subsidies from the government at our expense.

Ba'al Chatzaf

How is he concerning the Cronies. The Corporations that receive favors and subsidies from the government at our expense.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Not a clue. However, let's assume he is 20% "crony."

If so, to whom?

If he is 75% less "crony," than his opponent is is worth the crap shoot?

I think so.

I like him. I like his dad.

Well, I also loved Barry Goldwater.

A...

Ba'al Chatzaf

I don't know his position on cronies.

Do you ?

Ba'al Chatzaf

I don't know his position on cronies.

Do you ?

No. I would like to.

Corporations that receive favors and subsidies from the government

Pretty big group. GSEs, Primary Dealers, TBTF banks (5 domestic, 8 European), Boeing, Lockheed Martin, GE, Raytheon, IBM, everybody in solar, wind, algae, primary research, higher ed, medicine, space, corn, sugar, wheat, sorghum, barley, dairy, Jones Act shipping, KBR and 150,000 security contractors in Pak-ghanistan, whatever the CIA does with its secret budget of ?? billions, USPS, Tesla, and GM.

-- all of which is chickenfeed compared to roads, schools, day care, Section 8 landlords and Medicare/Medicaid/disability "providers"

presidents-proposed-total-spending.png

Corporations that receive favors and subsidies from the government

Pretty big group. GSEs, Primary Dealers, TBTF banks (5 domestic, 8 European), Boeing, Lockheed Martin, GE, Raytheon, IBM, everybody in solar, wind, algae, primary research, higher ed, medicine, space, corn, sugar, wheat, sorghum, barley, dairy, Jones Act shipping, KBR and 150,000 security contractors in Pak-ghanistan, whatever the CIA does with its secret budget of ?? billions, USPS, Tesla, and GM.

-- all of which is chickenfeed compared to roads, schools, day care, Section 8 landlords and Medicare/Medicaid/disability "providers"

presidents-proposed-total-spending.png

Obviously you get it.

When I was elected to the local school board in NY City when I was 25, had no children, was "living in sin" with a woman, I was not unsurprised about how fucked up structural budgeting was, and is worse now.

The concept of "zero based budgeting" is something that I am not certain I understand:

Zero-based budgeting is an approach to planning and decision-making that reverses the working process of traditional budgeting. In traditional incremental budgeting (Historic Budgeting), departmental managers justify only variances versus past years, based on the assumption that the "baseline" is automatically approved. By contrast, in zero-based budgeting, every line item of the budget must be approved, rather than only changes.[1] Zero-based budgeting requires the budget request be re-evaluated thoroughly, starting from the zero-base. This process is independent of whether the total budget or specific line items are increasing or decreasing.

The term is sometimes used in personal finance to describe "zero-sum budgeting", the practice of budgeting every unit of income received, and then adjusting some part of the budget downward for every other part that needs to be adjusted upward.

Zero based budgeting also refers to the identification of a task or tasks and then funding resources to complete the task independent of current resourcing.

Perhaps I am confusing it with the automatic increases in the federal budget wherein a "cut" is a decrease in the rate of automatic increases...

A...

Ba'al Chatzaf

If you want to see his position on cronyism or any other topic, just check out his current book list:

http://www.paul.senate.gov/?p=students

Look it over. His core principles are right there.

If you want to see his position on cronyism or any other topic, just check out his current book list:

http://www.paul.senate.gov/?p=students

Look it over. His core principles are right there.

Don't see a book list...

Don't see a book list...

He is ingratiating himself with the typical American voter who reads on average 0.75 books a year.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I'm sorry, is required for a US Senator to offer their book list?

Don't see a book list...

He is ingratiating himself with the typical American voter who reads on average 0.75 books a year.

Ba'al Chatzaf

And that .75 book is most likely "A People's History of the United States",

read in a government subsidized medrasa commonly known as a university.

Oh wait... never mind.

They're not Americans.

They only infest America. :wink:

Greg

http://www.warren.senate.gov/

Don't see one for the lying marxist from Massachusetts...

She uses, under cover, the same book Barry uses: Rules for Radicals.

Oh wait... never mind.

They're not Americans.

Greg

Greg:

Perhaps you should do yourself, and the rest of the world, an immense favor, by losing the anti-human "infest" statements.

It is, either below your intelligence lever, or, you could be a bigot.

A...

Oh wait... never mind.

They're not Americans.

Greg

Greg:

Perhaps you should do yourself, and the rest of the world, an immense favor, by losing the anti-human "infest" statements.

It is, either below your intelligence lever, or, you could be a bigot.

A...

It's just my black humor, Adam. :wink:

But like all humor, there is some truth in it.

People who do not live by American values cannot be Americans because being an American is not an ethnicity or a race or a gender or a class.

Being an American is solely a matter of values.

For example:

In my opinion Obama is not an American because he does not live by American values. He was elected and reelected by a political majority who also do not live by American values.

Obama lives by Saul Alinsky values.

"One’s concern with the ethics of means and ends varies inversely with one’s personal interest in the issue."

--Saul Alinsky

That is not an American value.

The grotesque bureaucracy called government that exists today is the literal creation of people who do not live by American values.

So I ask you... how can someone be an American who does not live by American values?

Greg

• 1 month later...

I Am Not an Isolationist! declares Rand Paul. He may be getting serious about WINNING the nomination and The White House. And with this clarification does anyone now support Senator Rand Paul? Who is now LESS inclined to vote for him? Like Adam, I am still wavering. I want to see some polls after the 2014 elections before I give him any more money. I just gave Maryland Representative Candidate Dan Bongino some bucks, even though he is now out of my voting district.

Peter

Excerpts from Senator Rand Pauls oped, 'I Am Not an Isolationist':

Some pundits are surprised that I support destroying the Islamic State in Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) militarily. They shouldnt be. Ive said since I began public life that I am not an isolationist, nor am I an interventionist. I look at the world, and consider war, realistically and constitutionally. I still see war as the last resort. But I agree with Reagans idea that no country should mistake U.S. reluctance for war for a lack of resolve . . . .

After all the sacrifice in Afghanistan and Iraq, why do we find ourselves in a more dangerous world? And why, after six years, does President Obama lack a strategy to deal with threats like ISIS? This administrations dereliction of duty has both sins of action and inaction, which is what happens when you are flailing around wildly, without careful strategic thinking.

And while my predisposition is to less intervention, I do support intervention when our vital interests are threatened. If I had been in President Obamas shoes, I would have acted more decisively and strongly against ISIS. I would have called Congress back into sessioneven during recess. This is what President Obama should have done. He should have been prepared with a strategic vision, a plan for victory and extricating ourselves. He should have asked for authorization for military action and would have, no doubt, received it. Once we have decided that we have an enemy that requires destruction, we must have a comprehensive strategya realistic policy applying military power and skillful diplomacy to protect our national interests.

The immediate challenge is to define the national interest to determine the form of intervention we might pursue. I was repeatedly asked if I supported airstrikes. I doif it makes sense as part of a larger strategy. Theres no point in taking military action just for the sake of it, something Washington leaders cant seem to understand. America has an interest in protecting more than 5,000 personnel serving at the largest American embassy in the world in northern Iraq. I am also persuaded by the plight of massacred Christians and Muslim minorities . . . .

The military means to achieve these goals include airstrikes against ISIS targets in Iraq and Syria. Such airstrikes are the best way to suppress ISISs operational strength and allow allies such as the Kurds to regain a military advantage. We should arm and aid capable and allied Kurdish fighters whose territory includes areas now under siege by the ISIS. Since Syrian jihadists are also a threat to Israel, we should help reinforce Israels Iron Dome protection against missiles. . . .

Any strategy, though, should be presented to the American people through Congress. If war is necessary, we should act as a nation. We should do so properly and constitutionally and with a real strategy and a plan for both victory and exit . . . . A more realistic and effective foreign policy would protect the vital interests of the nation without the unrealistic notion of nation-building.

I Am Not an Isolationist! declares Rand Paul. He may be getting serious about WINNING the nomination and The White House. And with this clarification does anyone now support Senator Rand Paul? Who is now LESS inclined to vote for him? Like Adam, I am still wavering. I want to see some polls after the 2014 elections before I give him any more money. I just gave Maryland Representative Candidate Dan Bongino some bucks, even though he is now out of my voting district.

Peter

Peter:

I have always refused to donate any money to political candidates and to tax deductible organizations,

groups, etc.

However, I will volunteer my time for the right really local candidate. However, once it gets out of

my local community, like School Board, or, small town mayoralty races, I will only work for a

politician for money.

Two simple rules with politicians:

1) cash in advance the first day of the week, Monday; and rule two,

2) see rule number one (1).

You could do more for Rand Paul, if you decide to support him by organizing your local E.D.'s which

would create a field organization that you could throw behind a libertarian/Randian candidate.

A...