Philosophy Breakfast

I suppose I'd find this funnier if I'd actually watched Breakfast at Tiffany's rather than just knowing it was a popular movie before I was born.

A little funnier. Not much. Maybe. It's not all that funny anyway. It's a side-door way of illustrating an epiphany with trite examples. You see, an epiphany is not trite, although it may be about something trite. Hence the humor. It's a gentle example of what I'd call, "think humor."

--Brant

I think RR has this poster in his/her room:

11737806_876474859112051_562877055514435

It will be a trans species solution to those Jews in the middle east...

Along with what came first, the fictitious state of Palestine or those damn Jews!!

A...

Along with what came first, the fictitious state of Palestine or those damn Jews!!

Or which came first, the British Mandate, the Ottoman Empire, the Semites or the Philistines (not to mention the Phoenicians, the Greeks, the Romans and the Samaritans)?

A bit of history, yours for only 35 bucks:

P-29619_1.jpg

Edited by william.scherk

I suppose I'd find this funnier if I'd actually watched Breakfast at Tiffany's rather than just knowing it was a popular movie before I was born.

Christ, it stands by itself you twit. You think being a 30 yo who hasn't grown up even a little bit since high school is something to be proud of? Maturity takes work, get busy.

I suppose you would have had a more verifiable understanding of history if you were part of the Maccabees defensive/offensive force.

Can you please humor a seasoned citizen like myself and provide me with three (3) of Ayn's central/core beliefs that you share with her.

A...

Or which came first, the British Mandate, the Ottoman Empire, the Semites or the Philistines (not to mention the Phoenicians, the Greeks, the Romans and the Samaritans)?

A bit of history, yours for only 35 bucks:

http://www.objectivistliving.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15362&page=1entry234667P-29619_1.jpg

Wow, my father was a Numismatist and got one of those in a box of Cracker Jacks at the 1939 World's Fair in Queens NY City.

I thought for years that a Numismatist was a sex perversion. Boy was I disappointed!

A...

Actually Breakfast at Tiffany's was a book before it was a movie. If the movie weren't so entertaining on its own you'd call it a trashing of the book.

It depends on what the numismatist does with the coins.

I suppose you would have had a more verifiable understanding of history if you were part of the Maccabees defensive/offensive force.

Can you please humor a seasoned citizen like myself and provide me with three (3) of Ayn's central/core beliefs that you share with her.

Is this directed to anyone in particular? If not, please direct your inquiries to Israeli British Mandate currency fanatics. If your Cracker Jack box had one of these in it, you could trouser tens (10s) of thousands (1000s) of dollars. They are exceedingly rare (much more so than the Palestine coins), but not fictional.

P-P-4.jpg