Racist Sports commentator- Shout outs to (. . .)!

Hybrid = Mulatto

This is a very nice website about Jim Crow.

JimCrowLogowhite.jpg

Lydia Maria Child introduced the literary character that we call the tragic mulatto1 in two short stories: "The Quadroons" (1842) and "Slavery's Pleasant Homes" (1843). She portrayed this light skinned woman as the offspring of a white slaveholder and his black female slave. This mulatto's life was indeed tragic. She was ignorant of both her mother's race and her own. She believed herself to be white and free. Her heart was pure, her manners impeccable, her language polished, and her face beautiful. Her father died; her "negro blood" discovered, she was remanded to slavery, deserted by her white lover, and died a victim of slavery and white male violence. A similar portrayal of the near-white mulatto appeared in Clotel (1853), a novel written by black abolitionist William Wells Brown.

My Baby is Black movie poster A century later literary and cinematic portrayals of the tragic mulatto emphasized her personal pathologies: self-hatred, depression, alcoholism, sexual perversion, and suicide attempts being the most common. If light enough to "pass" as white, she did, but passing led to deeper self-loathing. She pitied or despised blacks and the "blackness" in herself; she hated or feared whites yet desperately sought their approval. In a race-based society, the tragic mulatto found peace only in death. She evoked pity or scorn, not sympathy. Sterling Brown summarized the treatment of the tragic mulatto by white writers:

White writers insist upon the mulatto's unhappiness for other reasons. To them he is the anguished victim of divided inheritance. Mathematically they work it out that his intellectual strivings and self-control come from his white blood, and his emotional urgings, indolence and potential savagery come from his Negro blood. Their favorite character, the octoroon, wretched because of the "single drop of midnight in her veins," desires a white lover above all else, and must therefore go down to a tragic end.(Brown, 1969, p. 145)

Ferris State University
1010 Campus Drive
Big Rapids, Michigan 49307

http://www.ferris.edu/JIMCROW/mulatto/

I don't think it is reasonable to use my name in a heading that cannot be avoided. It should be removed or changed. Would it be right if I started a thread that said, Derek, the asshole is a racist? I have been waiting for your posts to become prose violent. Previously, you threatened to go all Louis Farra-Khan on us and start calling truthful Objectivists names. Not to be too color sensitive, but as you have shown and we have discussed on that other thread, your stripes are starting to show.

I have been out and about for an hour on business, peacefully drove through a predominantly black neighborhood that puts out American flags and is the area where my mail lady lives, and now I am back. I still see my name on a thread demeaning me. Change it, Derek.

Change it, Derek.

Thats starting to sound like a threat to me, and coming from the more peaceful race too :)

Just the fact that you took my statement in which I asked you

Would I be justified in your mind to follow the Nation of Islam's calling of Caucasians "white devils" when they select and choose the violent history of whites

to mean that I was threatening to go Louis Farrakhan, clearly shows your total tunnel vision. You pick and choose and substitute your own reality.

I'm still hoping at some point you will reconcile the violent history of whites with your peaceful and civilized person comparison.

Hilarious, I suppose. I'd say somewhat humorous and very thoughtful. They need to do one about peer pressure next. Maybe they did.

--Brant

"black culture"?--no, it's quite universal, but using black players sweeps in everybody and blacks aren't left with the option of ignoring the message which too many do as "white"--if there is a "black culture"--there isn't, really--it's the culture of victimhood justifying continual compensation that will never be enough, but they have it much better than Native Americans on reservations who have been much more passive about their grossly socialized state of existence--blacks are part of the conversation, not Native Americans; they've been beaten down too long and it's been continuous since the Mayflower then turbo-charged with being taken care of after most of them had been killed off by disease, starvation, relocation and warfare: the solution is to know victimization is in the past and you can't use it to face and make your future; then comes freedom, like water in a river (all welfare is for victims of one sort or another and it can be moral or intellectual, not just material; it leaves you stuck in the past if you don't know that and fight it off)