On 1/12/2015 at 2:40 PM, william.scherk said:

On 1/9/2015 at 10:10 PM, Selene said:

Everyone, I would hope, is aware that there are "no go zones" in France.

Apparently, in 2006, France had some 751 "no go zones:"

http://www.danielpipes.org/blog/2006/11/the-751-no-go-zones-of-france

Daniel Pipes misrepresents several pieces of information in his article -- though he is not alone in repeating preposterous nonsense on the subject of "No Go Zones" in France...

Now, a couple of years later (from Breitbart)...

Paris Gets ‘No-Go-Zone’ Warning App

From the article:

An app has been launched in Paris, France, which warns people if they are in a No-Go Zone and gives live alerts telling users if they are at risk of sexual assault.

Designers of the app say it can be used to “report, locate and avoid hazardous locations around you and elsewhere”, and has already gained positive review ratings.

The app allows users to report assaults, thefts, sexual molestation, and “rudeness” in the capital city which has seen illegal migrants camping on the streets and near metro stations.

Parisian women have complained they face constant harassment from migrants in certain parts of the city. Women in the east Paris district of Chapelle-Pajol claim they cannot leave their homes without receiving verbal abuse from migrants and drug dealers who have flooded to the area.

. . .

In October 2016, the French government under then Prime Minister Manuel Valls, denied there are no-go zones in the country after visiting an area where a police officer was left in a coma following a Molotov attack.

The prime minister’s assertion was rejected by French police unions who said no-go zones do exist and that police, “firefighters and pretty much any representatives of the state” are unable to safely carry out their duties in such areas.

In February 2017, a group of French migrant-heavy suburbs in Seine-Saint-Denis, a department just outside of Paris, including one with past links to violent Islamist extremism, suffered from nights of violence and arson after a resident was reportedly assaulted whilst in police custody.

French authorities have identified 751 “sensitive urban zones” (“Zones urbaines sensibles” or “Zus”) across France, with a high number of Zus neighbourhoods in Seine-Saint-Denis.

Don't mind me. All I'm trying to do is keep up on how anti-Islamic hogwash and preposterous nonsense has panned out after a couple of years.

Maybe the teachers benevolently correcting our no-go zone prattle and gawp just didn't get enough people to ignore the problem enough to make it go away...

:evil:  :) 

Michael

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Paris Gets ‘No-Go-Zone’ Warning App

From the article:

Don't mind me. All I'm trying to do is keep up on how anti-Islamic hogwash and preposterous nonsense has panned out after a couple of years.

:evil:  :) 

Michael

In view of the Charlie Hebdo massacre and other vicious crimes perpetrated by Muslims in the name of Allah,  what makes you think that the anti-Islamic material is hogwash?

19 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:

In view of the Charlie Hebdo massacre and other vicious crimes perpetrated by Muslims in the name of Allah,  what makes you think that the anti-Islamic material is hogwash?

Where will the next Muslim attack occur? There should be retribution on the homeland that sponsored these terrorists.  

We could use that no go zone app to keep tourists out of trouble in New Orleans and other places where the blacks rob and murder freely. 

25 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Bob,

That was sarcasm based on what I quoted from two years ago. Did you read what I quoted?

Some people on OL used to believe no go zones in Paris were a myth and made no bones about demeaning the intelligence and seriousness of those who were worried about them. Why, to the cultural insiders, this was all hogwash!

Reality didn't collaborate too well...

:)

Michael

4 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

That was sarcasm based on what I quoted from two years ago. Did you read what I quoted?

It does not matter.  I cannot process sarcasm.  I work in literal mode 95% of the time.  For me to process sarcasm  it has to be marked <sarcasm/on>xxxxxxxxxx<sarcasm/off>

7 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:

It does not matter.  I cannot process sarcasm.  I work in literal mode 95% of the time.  For me to process sarcasm  it has to be marked <sarcasm/on>xxxxxxxxxx<sarcasm/off>

If you got bitten by a snake would you know to avoid a snake the next time? If someone is teasing you don't you know it? I think I got "dead pan" sarcasm some of the time by about third grade. Now stop teasing us with your tales of "poor little me." Oddly little Kim had himself photographed laughing at one of Trump's tweets about him to show how hip and unimpressed he was. What me worry?   

47 minutes ago, Peter said:

If you got bitten by a snake would you know to avoid a snake the next time? If someone is teasing you don't you know it? I think I got "dead pan" sarcasm some of the time by about third grade. Now stop teasing us with your tales of "poor little me." Oddly little Kim had himself photographed laughing at one of Trump's tweets about him to show how hip and unimpressed he was. What me worry?   

If a person informs  you that he is blind  is that "poor little me"  or a statement so others may exercise caution?

You're blind? How do you type? Braille keyboard? Sorry, I Don't get sarcasm, he said sarcastically. People are making noise already and it is only the first of July. The booms, loud music, and barbeque sounds from over the woods is frightening my foxes. I can't go to Walmart or the closest Food Lion because of the crowds and traffic.

Happy 4th of July!

1 minute ago, Peter said:

You're blind? How do you type? Braille keyboard? Sorry, I Don't get sarcasm, he said sarcastically. People are making noise already and it is only the first of July. The booms, loud music, and barbeque sounds from over the woods is frightening my foxes. I can't go to Walmart or the closest Food Lion because of the crowds and traffic.

Happy 4th of July!

I am mind blind.  I cannot tell what people are thinking.  I can tell what they say,  write or do if their activities are public.  I cannot discern intent (other than my own).  My ability to read body and face language is somewhat limited compared to normal folk. 

1 minute ago, BaalChatzaf said:

I am mind blind.  I cannot tell what people are thinking.  I can tell what they say,  write or do if their activities are public.  I cannot discern intent (other than my own).  My ability to read body and face language is somewhat limited compared to normal folk. 

Stop that fidgeting! And comb your hair.