Who is chicken shit?

BaalChatzaf

By extension, "chicken shit" must refer to anyone who "who never served a day in the military," including Dan Quayle, Rush Limbaugh, Clarence Thomas, Sean Hannity, and Bill O'Reilly.

But Jimmy Carter, Mike Dukakis, George McGovern, and Walter Mondale did serve. Trust them more?

Mondale I trust. He flew a B-24 which dropped bombs on Germans. He is capable of killing so I trust him more. I tend to trust aviators. And I respect warriors.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Madison was concerned that "none of the persons composing the federal Executive shall on any occasion take command of any troops." Perhaps, to ensure the trust of the electorate, the Constitution should be amended to require the president personally to lead his troops into battle, as King Harold did (fatally) at the Battle of Hastings.

Imagine an alternate history in which LBJ is in the cockpit of the jet that Lieutenant Commander John McCain flies over North Vietnam when a missile hits it. Or Ronald Reagan is in the F-111 that gets shot down over Libya in 1986.

Hellcats-of-the-Navy.jpg

Madison was concerned that "none of the persons composing the federal Executive shall on any occasion take command of any troops." Perhaps, to ensure the trust of the electorate, the Constitution should be amended to require the president personally to lead his troops into battle, as King Harold did (fatally) at the Battle of Hastings.

Imagine an alternate history in which LBJ is in the cockpit of the jet that Lieutenant Commander John McCain flies over North Vietnam when a missile hits it. Or Ronald Reagan is in the F-111 that gets shot down over Libya in 1986.

Hellcats-of-the-Navy.jpg

LBJ was on a plane the Japanese almost shot down on WWII. They couldn't quite get at it.

--Brant

• 2 months later...

But Jimmy Carter, ......did serve. Trust him [sic] more?

Sure you can trust him...to always blame the Jews/Israel or both.

When in doubt, blame Israel — at least that seems to be the habit of America’s least respected former president.

In the wake of the Islamist terror attacks in France against cartoonists and Jews, former President Jimmy Carter’s first reaction was to pin the motivation for such terrorism on Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians. Appearing on “The Daily Show” Monday, Carter was asked by host Jon Stewart whether the violence the world saw on the streets of Paris was actually fueled by something else other than Islamic extremism.

“Well, one of the origins for it is the Palestinian problem,” Carter replied. “And this aggravates people who are affiliated in any way with the Arab people who live in the West Bank and Gaza, what they are doing now — what’s being done to them. So I think that’s part of it.”

Carter didn’t explain how solving the Israeli-Palestinian issue would in any way resolve the violent conflicts currently engulfing the Arab world, including the Syrian civil war, the Islamic State’s takeover of part of Iraq and its brutal implementation of Islamic law, and the conflict between the Egyptian government and the Muslim Brotherhood, just to name a few. Nor did he detail how the “Palestinian problem” helps explain why three French Muslims murdered innocent French Jews buying groceries for the coming Sabbath and cartoonists preparing the next issue of their paper.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/01/13/jimmy-carter-blames-recent-terror-attacks-on-palestinian-problem/

I miss Billy Carter.

--Brant

for the entertainment

If I were a devout Catholic, I would be going to confession every week to ask for more penitence [?] for voting for him the first time he ran against Ford.

Well at least, now that I look back, it did set up Reagan nicely.

So maybe I was redeemed by that lol.

A...

I miss Billy Carter.

--Brant

for the entertainment

If I were a devout Catholic, I would be going to confession every week to ask for more penitence [?] for voting for him the first time he ran against Ford.

A...

Adam:

Instead of penitence, why not just take another 40 lashes? :laugh: :laugh:

I miss Billy Carter.

--Brant

for the entertainment

A...

Adam:

Instead of penitence, why not just take another 40 lashes? :laugh: :laugh:

Lol...and I know a submissive who would love each one...there are advantages to being the Dom.

Military service has precisely zero value in determining one's fitness for office. Non-soldier Martin Van Buren, while far from perfect, did far more to reduce the size of government than Grant, Eisenhower or the Bushes.

I wouldn't agree that military service has a zero value, rather it is of some value.

It's nice to know something (experience) about the monster you are commanding... it's a plus.

How much of a plus I can't say. That would depend on the length of service and/ or the types of positions you held.

Just my 2 cts. since I've been there. It's a complicated environment, to say the least.

-J