Phil Garbage from Discussion of Atlas Shrugged Weekend

Philip Coates

Daunce wrote:

And take your own ad feminem with you.

You still need to apologize to XRay.

End quote

Michael Stuart Kelly also wrote about Phil on the same thread:

I think he is totally blind to the messages he communicates to readers at large, going all the way from the gratuitous scolding, to the kindergarten level of the vulgarity he just displayed.

End quote

You make Phil sound like Rainman, Michael.

Daunce. How about nerd’s beatnik haiku?

I do apologize to a certain

German Kindergarten teacher, if she is not a troll,

(the verdict is out. Why is “she” here anyway?)

for my over the top rhetoric stating that

*undefined empathy as a guiding principle*

is dumb and more philosophically suited to a friggin’ Nazi,

even if intelligently written,

my comment was in no way overtly vulgar

yet still deemed inappropriate.

Shall we Daunce?

But it is so much fun Carol, writing scathing commentaries, when I think it is appropriate, that I will undoubtedly do it again.

Xray appears unwilling to elucidate. Perhaps you will describe your philosophical primary, *empathy* and why it would make Ayn Rand as pleased as punch.

Peter Taylor

Thanks Peter. I don't like being mad at people, also I love cats. Pleased to accept your gallant invitation to the waltz, but I will not be available for JR's tea dance whenever it is held.

To Phil -- Take a deep breath and chill for a bit. You're escalating and you're going to make yourself sick at this rate.

Michael

I began a post stating almost exactly that -- then I thought, "Why bother?"

Shayne

> I don't want to moderate your comments, but I can't have that level of discourse--calling people cunts and so forth. That exceeds my flexibility. If I see it again, I'm going to make it stop--and I don't want to have to do that. [MSK, post #19]

Did you issue a "public warning" to anyone else on these current threads?

Or is it your impression I was the only person being highly insulting - or engaged in that level of discourse?

Edited by Philip Coates

Or is it your impression I was the only person being highly insulting - or engaged in that level of discourse?

I think his impression is what he stated: you're the one escalating things. Which is my impression too.

Shayne

Shayne,

The question is directed at Michael -- he is the one who owns the site.

If he says the same thing, I will respond accordingly.

Phil wrote:

Did you issue a "public warning" to anyone else on these current threads? Or is it your impression I was the only person who has been highly insulting or engaged in that level of discourse?

End quote

I think when Michael created this garbage pail it was like everyone downing a few beers. A lot of JR's dark beers. Whooeee! Ledder rip! It is OK to be uncivil. At least here. That’s all that I saw from Michael, Phil. And a small warning. I was instantly nailed to the wall by Michael for suggesting BB could play Lillian Rearden.

I vouch for your authenticity. You are the stuffiest @#$%^, but apparently people like associating with you otherwise this thread would not have had so many responders. Shoot, nobody ever created an instantly populated thread to crown me with a ruby encrusted turban . . . or a crown of thorns.

Now anything goes. Perhaps you could string the seven forbidden words together in a coherent sentence? Go on a tiger’s blood rant? Give us your impression of the “Hippy Dippy Weatherman?”

Stick around Phil. I would miss you. Now, "snarky little bitch" (did I get that right?) is pretty good.

Peter Taylor

Edited by Peter Taylor

> Perhaps you could string the seven forbidden words together in a coherent sentence? Go on a tiger’s blood rant?

Just to take two, have you read the steady stream of insults directed just by Jonathan and George H. Smith at me over the last few days? Go look at the Bad Boys thread for an ongoing example.

I've been called an evader, a liar, a scumbag, a hypocrite, an asshole, a shitstain. And that's just in the last day or so. And only a -fraction- of the personal insults directed at me.

Thread after thread. And month after month.

The only people on this site who has been villified and insulted and had their ethics and character attacked longer and more steadily are Lindsay Perigo and (I forget the name of the guy who wrote PARC)...

Is what I said worse? Wouldn't you defend yourself?

Any comment?

Edited by Philip Coates

> Perhaps you could string the seven forbidden words together in a coherent sentence? Go on a tiger’s blood rant?

Just to take two, have you read the steady stream of insults directed just by Jonathan and George H. Smith at me over the last few days? Go look at the Bad Boys thread for an ongoing example.

I've been called an evader, a liar, a scumbag, a hypocrite, an asshole, a shitstain. And that's just in the last day or so. And only a -fraction- of the personal insults directed at me.

Thread after thread. And month after month.

The only people on this site who has been villified and insulted and had their ethics and character attacked longer and more steadily are Lindsay Perigo and (I forget the name of the guy who wrote PARC)...

Is what I said worse?

Any comment?

Apparently the difference between insulting provocation and -appropriately- insulting response is unclear to you.

J

Did you issue a "public warning" to anyone else on these current threads?

Phil,

No.

You impressions are your own business. After so many discussions you have derailed and turned into "It's all about Phil," frankly, I'm not too interested in your impressions.

Please do not call people names like cunt. (That's the second time I have requested this.)

Michael

Phil wrote:

Is what I said worse? Wouldn't you defend yourself?

End quote

Yes I would Phil, but I would not call them the cee word. Women freak out if you say the cee word. Or the Who*# word. Michael may be aware of this adverse female reaction to the *re word, or the cee word or has antennae like I do. Idiot homophobe that I am I just like sparring with women more than men, but if my wife Barbara is also reading OL, I really watch my mouth : o )

I stopped reading Ghs about two weeks ago. I don’t know if that’s forever, but I usually remain pissed for about a year or two. What would Ayn do? She would shun them.

Stick around.

Peter

Peter,

Phil once announced (somewhere) that he has a magic button he pushes in reaction to certain kinds of comments. He thinks he's blowing off people with cheap vulgarity. It's a bad habit he picked up on Solo Passion.

He already had that "magic button" before SOLO and employed it a few times during his brief sojourn on Old Atlantis.

[...] Phil, who, as many of you know, has been my longs-suffering teacher for many years, [...].

Excitedly,

JR

A typo! You must be excited. :D

A few people around here have actually attended one or more of these [beer Busts]: Ghs, Ellen, Phil.

JR

The one I was able to attend was in June 2004, when Larry and I were visiting San Francisco. I have many happy memories of the stay in San Francisco and of Larry's and my and Jeff's and Suzanne's car excursion to northern California.

Phil also attended that Beer Bust, but he and I didn't have any conversation. I was ensconced on the couch in the living room talking with a young girl whom I remember as someone I well liked, though I've forgotten her name. (Anthony Gregory's girlfriend. Do you recall her name, JR?) Phil was occupied in the kitchen arguing with JR and Anthony Gregory and others.

Ellen