2008 Thirty Day Challenge

As I plow throught the 2007 version, the 2008 Thirty Day Challenge just started pre-season (this is the 4th season). I am opening a new thread for 2008 because I want to keep the link at the top due to the long pre-season. The actual thirty days start in August, but the 60 day preseason is to install and get used to the new tools. For instance, Ed Dale mentioned that the Flock browser and Twitter will be used. He also said there will be some very good surprises. Incidentally, all of these tools are free and so is the course.

I will be doing the 2008 version. Teams are part of the concept, so if anyone from the Objectivist world wants to do the course and be a part of my team, please sign on. Full disclosure: the link above includes a number that identifies me to the challenge people. This gets me some kind of Brownie points of some sort if you sign on, so there it is. Yay me! :)

If people wonder why they are doing all this for free, the reason reminds me of that saying that if you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, but if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime. Ed and the other staff have some very good but very high-ticket items that they sell during the rest of the year. I have no doubt that many of the students from the three previous Thirty Day Challenges who are now making good money online bought these products out of gratitude, if nothing else. These guys are literally training their future customers to make money so they will have it to spend (preferably some of the money on their products). This is capitalism at its finest.

The course allows you to have a day job or be in school and still be able to complete it, so you do not need to stop your life to learn. Part of my plans for the future will be to market Objectivism (and related issues in general) in this modern and changing Internet universe. The techniques that are taught in this course will be critical to those plans, so if you want to be a part of that, now is the time to educate yourself.

Michael