Ed Hudgins

Ed,

You are right and I take all my doubts back.

My apologies.

It's cool to look at the good side of things. I strongly believe that and I try to be that way for several reasons. Mainly because I am wary of thinking with the ideas of others, especially when they bash, without a thorough examination in my own mind. I have been hurt before by blindly following Rand and I blame no one but myself. So this makes me critical. And I favor the positive side because this has always been my motor for producing things.

But there comes a point where artists hiding their agendas come out with such clarity, you have to say they are artistic whores for their propaganda message. James Cameron is one such person. Shame on him. I am thoroughly disgusted with him prostituting his level of talent.

LOOK HERE FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH.

James Cameron trashes Glenn Beck

By Alex Ben Block

The Hollywood Reporter

March 24, 2010

From the article:

The "Avatar" director was equally unsparing in his comments about those who don't accept global warming as fact.

"That's right," Cameron said. "I want to call those deniers out into the street at high noon and shoot it out with those boneheads."

Turning more serious, he added: "Anybody that is a global warming denier at this point in time has got their head so deeply up their ass I'm not sure they could hear me."

. . .

By making the environment the theme of his home video release plan, Cameron is sending a message.

"Look, at this point I'm less interested in making money for the movie and more interested in saving the world that my children are going to inhabit. How about that? I mean, look, I didn't make this movie with these strong environmental anti-war themes in it to make friends on the right, you know.

"They're not on my Christmas card list," Cameron added.

Neither am I, nor will I ever be.

I hear him and I understand perfectly. My head is not up my ass. And I do not accept global warming as a fact.

It takes more than a fairy-tale to prove global warming.

Just to prove that I hear him, didn't he just say, "at this point I'm less interested in making money for the movie..."?

OK. Let's oblige him from now on, shall we?

I'm glad I didn't see his movie. Less money for him. That's not much, I know, but it's within my reach, so I refrain with pleasure.

Michael

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to add a thought to this since I have gone sour on it.

There's one thing about the promotion that has bothered me from the beginning. It's that thing about thanking another living being for its life while killing it.

I don't want to be anywhere near the people who dreamed that one up, and I certainly don't want their gratitude. Nope. Not for anything...

Dayaamm!

:)

Michael

I hear him and I understand perfectly. My head is not up my ass. And I do not accept global warming as a fact.

Just to prove that I hear him, didn't he just say, "at this point I'm less interested in making money for the movie..."?

I'm glad I didn't see his movie. Less money for him. That's not much, I know, but it's within my reach, so I refrain with pleasure.

Michael

Oh I wouldn't pay to it - but I did download it to see what the fuss what about. :)

The kind of language he used is irrational tribal-speak. He's saying he's one step away from bashing your head in if you aren't in his tribe. In Hollywood-swill-land it's for making you shut up and keeping everybody in line so you can go to the same parties, get work, get money.

--Brant

had no interest in watching a lousy story in 3-D for 3 frickin' hours

Edited by Brant Gaede

Ed,

You are right and I take all my doubts back.

My apologies.

It's cool to look at the good side of things. I strongly believe that and I try to be that way for several reasons. Mainly because I am wary of thinking with the ideas of others, especially when they bash, without a thorough examination in my own mind. I have been hurt before by blindly following Rand and I blame no one but myself. So this makes me critical. And I favor the positive side because this has always been my motor for producing things.

But there comes a point where artists hiding their agendas come out with such clarity, you have to say they are artistic whores for their propaganda message. James Cameron is one such person. Shame on him. I am thoroughly disgusted with him prostituting his level of talent.

LOOK HERE FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH.

James Cameron trashes Glenn Beck

By Alex Ben Block

The Hollywood Reporter

March 24, 2010

From the article:

The "Avatar" director was equally unsparing in his comments about those who don't accept global warming as fact.

"That's right," Cameron said. "I want to call those deniers out into the street at high noon and shoot it out with those boneheads."

Turning more serious, he added: "Anybody that is a global warming denier at this point in time has got their head so deeply up their ass I'm not sure they could hear me."

. . .

By making the environment the theme of his home video release plan, Cameron is sending a message.

"Look, at this point I'm less interested in making money for the movie and more interested in saving the world that my children are going to inhabit. How about that? I mean, look, I didn't make this movie with these strong environmental anti-war themes in it to make friends on the right, you know.

"They're not on my Christmas card list," Cameron added.

Neither am I, nor will I ever be.

Michael

Michael,

I saw the movie and commented before listening to anything James Cameron had to say. Now, I think it's no accident that Cameron did not comment on the movie before it had largely run its course. The left-leaning tilt in Hollywood is so cliche that if people wanted to, they could avoid seeing lots of good movies on account of the political views of those who make them.

This movie is much more than just a propaganda vehicle, although now Cameron has confirmed that it is. Cameron cleverly wraps his agenda in ambiguity. If the Earth's ecosystem were like Pandora with the ability to communicate directly with animals and neural memories embedded in the ecosystem, we would have to take that into account in our ethics. It is now apparent that Cameron does an ethical bait and switch. He presents a scenario where it is ethically necessary to sympathize with him and uses it as a propaganda vehicle.

I still urge you to go see the movie. There is so much that is fantastic in it.

Jim

It's that thing about thanking another living being for its life while killing it.

I don't want to be anywhere near the people who dreamed that one up, and I certainly don't want their gratitude. Nope. Not for anything...

That has deep mythological roots. How applicable it is today is another matter. Joseph Campbell has become quite influential among movie makers, Star Wars and The Lion King are known to have been specifically influenced by him. I bet this video has made it’s way to Cameron’s DVD player:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPUe99G5aPE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPUe99G5aPE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPUe99G5aPE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• 4 years later...