Rick Santorum: The Most Anti-Reagan Republican

Ed Hudgins

Perhpas We Should Try to Be Wary Not of Mitt,

Tho' His Tighty Whitey(s) Be Plenty Scary.

Tis Odd that Mean Ole' Bain Should Be His Bane,

Whilst In His Arse is a Cobb the Size of Newt's Boot,

And in His Head Dances Joseph Smith's Fairy.

Very nicely done, but I would expect nothing less from a payroll making poet!

Adam

respectfully from a fellow payroll maker

Thanks! No plans yet to give up day job, or attendant headaches related to same...

Perhpas We Should Try to Be Wary Not of Mitt,

Tho' His Tighty Whitey(s) Be Plenty Scary.

Tis Odd that Mean Ole' Bain Should Be His Bane,

Whilst In His Arse is a Cobb the Size of Newt's Boot,

And in His Head Dances Joseph Smith's Fairy.

Very nicely done, but I would expect nothing less from a payroll making poet!

Adam

respectfully from a fellow payroll maker

Thanks! No plans yet to give up day job, or attendant headaches related to same...

You are quite welcome.

It always fascinates me how most folks have absolutely no clue as to the constant good, great and difficult stress that those of us who have built a business from the ground floor, assembled a staff, made countless percentage decisions on an almost infinite amount of competing information and suffered with denying oneself money and time to "make payroll," as well as making a profit!

You live it 24-7, it represents the best that you have to offer and it is a monument to your achievement.

Sometimes it helps to hear a well done.

Adam

Adam:

A well done always hits the ears just fine. Thank you.

18 families, averaging 4 people each, means there 72 souls on the deck of my ship.

I would like to hope is that a few of them feel the same way you do, but nobody has yet ever bothered to express it. We have built a culture where expressing one's "feelings" is considered a high virtue--unless, of course, that feeling is gratitude.

Adam: A well done always hits the ears just fine. Thank you. 18 families, averaging 4 people each, means there 72 souls on the deck of my ship. I would like to hope is that a few of them feel the same way you do, but nobody has yet ever bothered to express it. We have built a culture where expressing one's "feelings" is considered a high virtue--unless, of course, that feeling is gratitude.

PDS,

Not to make philosophic capital out of this ( not too much anyway!) but you explain - for me -exactly why a culture which values expressing feelings, indiscriminately, will eventually destroy the capability to feel, through devalue.

You help confirm what I've believed, that rational virtues are the best friends of true emotions and feelings.

(Here endeth the lesson.) :cool:

I add my "well done" to Adam's.

Tony

Tony asked PDS - would, “. . . a culture which values expressing feelings, indiscriminately, will eventually destroy the capability to feel . . . “

PDS must not like Italian Americans, the most expressive, generous, patriotic, emotional people in the United States. If you want to read about modern Italians today I suggest reading a small novelette called, “Playing for Pizza” by John Grisham.

From Wikipedia:

Rick Dockery is a third string NFL quarterback for the Cleveland Browns, who throws three interceptions in 11 minutes in the AFC championship game, blowing a 17 point lead and resulting in the Browns missing their chance at their first-ever Super Bowl appearance. He is cut from the team, vilified in the press, and is facing legal troubles due to a questionable paternity lawsuit. His agent Arnie tries to find him work in the NFL, but no team will take him. Arnie manages to find him a starting position for the Parma Panthers of the Italian Football league for meager compensation. Rick accepts the job, glad to get away from the negative press and his legal troubles in the United States, but wary of living in Italy, where he doesn't know the language and where American football draws little attention or respect. The Parma Panthers have only two other Americans on the team -- halfback Slidell "Sly" Turner and Safety Trey Colby. The Panthers win their first game with Rick, then lose a couple for various reasons . . .

end quote

I will leave the rest back at Wiki so I won’t spoil it for you.

Peter Taylor

Tony asked PDS - would, “. . . a culture which values expressing feelings, indiscriminately, will eventually destroy the capability to feel . . . “

PDS must not like Italian Americans, the most expressive, generous, patriotic, emotional people in the United States. If you want to read about modern Italians today I suggest reading a small novelette called, “Playing for Pizza” by John Grisham.

From Wikipedia:

Rick Dockery is a third string NFL quarterback for the Cleveland Browns, who throws three interceptions in 11 minutes in the AFC championship game, blowing a 17 point lead and resulting in the Browns missing their chance at their first-ever Super Bowl appearance. He is cut from the team, vilified in the press, and is facing legal troubles due to a questionable paternity lawsuit. His agent Arnie tries to find him work in the NFL, but no team will take him. Arnie manages to find him a starting position for the Parma Panthers of the Italian Football league for meager compensation. Rick accepts the job, glad to get away from the negative press and his legal troubles in the United States, but wary of living in Italy, where he doesn't know the language and where American football draws little attention or respect. The Parma Panthers have only two other Americans on the team -- halfback Slidell "Sly" Turner and Safety Trey Colby. The Panthers win their first game with Rick, then lose a couple for various reasons . . .

end quote

I will leave the rest back at Wiki so I won’t spoil it for you.

Peter Taylor

I have no problem with "Italian Americans," as you refer to them, although Godfather III did, I think we can all agree, leave something to be desired.

I have no problem with "Italian Americans," as you refer to them, although Godfather III did, I think we can all agree, leave something to be desired.

Amen. Its other offences aside, going so far beyond the novel was just, well, an organized crime..