Gerson Therapy Q & A with Dr. Patrick Vickers

jts

Chris Wark interviews Dr. Patrick Vickers, 1 hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74IMbYrg74o

This is the second interview between them, the Q & A interview.

1:50

The first question is about sugar. Cancer likes sugar. Gerson allows things with sugar. What's with that?

Before answering the question about sugar, Dr. Vickers says he and his people have the only study proving the ability to reverse advanced cancer. Then he says sugars are not all the same.

7:35

Dr. Vickers explains about ATP and energy at the cellular level.

9:50

Dr. Vickers explains about Dr. Otto Warburg. Tumors feed on lactic acid, which happens in the absence of oxygen.

12:20

Dr. Vickers explains the hydrogen connection to cell biology.

16:50

Dr. Vickers explains what naturopaths do wrong.

19:00

Now the subject is potatoes. Potatoes are very nutritious.

20:00

Why cooked food?

25:00

Dr. Vickers gets sidetracked on the subjects of meat and mitochondria.

26:20

Back to cooked food. Specific cooked foods. Hippocrates soup, invented by Hippocrates 2500 years ago.

28:10

Never cook with oils. If you want cancer to grow, cook with oils.

29:30

Someone has a question about hemoglobin.

30:50

What don't you put in the green juice?

Granny Smith apples are extremely high in malic acid. Helps to release the nutritional value of carrots.

33:10

What is the best book on Gerson if you are starting out? It is highly recommended that if you have advanced cancer you go to the clinic and learn how to do it before doing it on your own.

35:40

Do you ever dilute the juices? No. There are alternative solutions if someone has a problem with juices.

36:30

Crohn's disease. Gerson therapy really shines with diseases like this one.

38:40

How would you help someone who had to be fed with a feeding tube? Juices can be put thru a feeding tube.

40:00

Someone has a question how to avoid losing weight?

43:45

About fasting. Big mistake for cancer. Cancer is a disease of deficiencies. Cancer patients don't have the nutritional reserves to withstand a fast.

45:00

How is it that our patients can lose up to a pound a day for months on 6000 calories per day?

46:10

Sodium. On Gerson there is no sodium.

50:55

Are there any Gerson clinics in Australia? No. There was but Charlotte Gerson shut it down. This gets into an ugly conflict within the Gerson community.

52:00

They get into this ugly conflict. Charlotte Gerson legally controls the definition of Gerson therapy. But Dr. Vickers sees it as a work in progress, capable of improvement resulting in higher success rates.

Then they wind down with contact information.

The first question is about sugar. Cancer likes sugar. Gerson allows things with sugar. What's with that?

Before answering the question about sugar, Dr. Vickers says he and his people have the only study proving the ability to reverse advanced cancer. Then he says sugars are not all the same.

Dr. Vickers explains about Dr. Otto Warburg. Tumors feed on lactic acid, which happens in the absence of oxygen.

Why cooked food?

Back to cooked food. Specific cooked foods. Hippocrates soup, invented by Hippocrates 2500 years ago.

Granny Smith apples are extremely high in malic acid. Helps to release the nutritional value of carrots.

What is the best book on Gerson if you are starting out? It is highly recommended that if you have advanced cancer you go to the clinic and learn how to do it before doing it on your own.

Do you ever dilute the juices? No. There are alternative solutions if someone has a problem with juices.

How would you help someone who had to be fed with a feeding tube? Juices can be put thru a feeding tube.

About fasting. Big mistake for cancer. Cancer is a disease of deficiencies. Cancer patients don't have the nutritional reserves to withstand a fast.

How is it that our patients can lose up to a pound a day for months on 6000 calories per day?

Are there any Gerson clinics in Australia? No. There was but Charlotte Gerson shut it down. This gets into an ugly conflict within the Gerson community.

They get into this ugly conflict. Charlotte Gerson legally controls the definition of Gerson therapy. But Dr. Vickers sees it as a work in progress, capable of improvement resulting in higher success rates.

Once again, proof by Youtube. Doesn't anyone believe in referencing scientific articles from refereed journals?

Altern Ther Health Med. 1995 Sep;1(4):29-37.

Five-year survival rates of melanoma patients treated by diet therapy after the manner of Gerson: a retrospective review.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9359807

--- quote ---

Abstract
OBJECTIVE:

Compare 5-year melanoma survival rates to rates in medical literature.

DESIGN:

Retrospective.

SETTING:

Hospital in Tijuana, Mexico.

PATIENTS:

White adult patients (N = 153) with superficial spreading and nodular melanoma, aged 25-72 years.

INTERVENTION:

Gerson's diet therapy: lactovegetarian; low sodium, fat and (temporarily) protein; high potassium, fluid, and nutrients (hourly raw vegetable/fruit juices). Metabolism increased by thyroid; calorie supply limited to 2600-3200 calories per day. Coffee enemas as needed for pain and appetite.

MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE:

5-year survival rates by stage at admission.

RESULTS:

Of 14 patients with stages I and II (localized) melanoma, 100% survived for 5 years, compared with 79% of 15,798 reported by Balch. Of 17 with stage IIIA (regionally metastasized) melanoma, 82% were alive at 5 years, in contrast to 39% of 103 from Fachklinik Hornheide. Of 33 with combined stages IIIA + IIIB (regionally metastasized) melanoma, 70% lived 5 years, compared with 41% of 134 from Fachklinik Hornheide. We propose a new stage division: IVA (distant lymph, skin, and subcutaneous tissue metastases), and IVB (visceral metastases). Of 18 with stage IVA melanoma, 39% were alive at 5 years, compared with only 6% of 194 from the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group. Survival impact was not assessed for stage IVB. Male and female survival rates were identical for stages I-IIIB, but stage IVA women had a strong survival advantage.

CONCLUSIONS:

The 5-year survival rates reported here are considerably higher than those reported elsewhere. Stage IIIA/B males had exceptionally high survival rates compared with those reported by other centers.

--- end quote ---

Why cooked food?

JTS,

Im not addressing Gerson but cancer.

Hi, I have a family member with Chronic Myloid Luekemia, cancer of the blood cells. It was detected from a blood test reading with high white count. I call her my Gleevec girl. In 2002 as the result of clinical trials at NIH, Novartis researched, developed and brought it to market after Drucker, the lab guy reached out and begged the CEO to look at the tests. Drucker doesnt own the patent as its credited to a previous finding that put things on the map. I guess NIHs role was to provide lab proofs that showed evidence of treating CML specifically. Gleevec puts BCR-ABL in remission.

Novartis made a fortune after first thinking it was a hail mary then became convinced to go all in at some point without knowing where the outcome might take them. Im glad they did. Street cost is $116k py. Its worth every penny although our cost is approx 1/3 through insurance that also covers two of us for major medical. It goes off patent in July of 15 and my hope is the cost will drop significantly of course.

Its was a shock at hearing the pronouncement by the dr. The patient is overwhelmed by the diagnosis and although I have no clue, my guess is that many go for the standardized medical treatment and only after the course of treatment fails do they seek out alternatives.

I wondered whether the cost of Gerson therapy is cost prohibitive for many. Then I looked and it appears that for approx. 19k for the first 3 months and then 1k a month thereafter plus the produce per mo a patient could get by.

My Gleevec girl wouldnt ever consider doing without her pill. my feeling is if she couldnt get them for whatever reason shed die of the stress of not having them before the CML would take her.

Hi, I have a family member with Chronic Myloid Luekemia, cancer of the blood cells. It was detected from a blood test reading with high red count. I call her my Gleevec girl. In 2002 as the result of clinical trials at NIH, Novartis researched, developed and brought it to market after Drucker, the lab guy reached out and begged the CEO to look at the tests. Drucker doesnt own the patent as its credited to a previous finding that put things on the map. I guess NIHs role was to provide lab proofs that showed evidence of treating CML specifically. Gleevec puts BCR-ABL in remission.

The story of Gleevec is told at Nature. It's a pretty exciting story of targeted research that paid off. Jerry might note that Gleevec is not his usual 'poison,' killing cancer but also other growing cells. This drug does not have that side effect. Caution, however -- this particular cancer was amenable to a targeted drug in ways other cancers are not.

My Gleevec girl wouldnt ever consider doing without her pill. my feeling is if she couldnt get them for whatever reason shed die of the stress of not having them before the CML would take her.

I don't think Jerry will get all worked up over Gleevec. It works, it saves lives, it's not poisonous, he's happy.

I wondered whether the cost of Gerson therapy is cost prohibitive for many. Then I looked and it appears that for approx. 19k for the first 3 months and then 1k a month thereafter plus the produce per mo a patient could get by.

According a quick search, it seems that the average cost of a stay in a hospital here in Alberta is about $1000 / day. So let's compare. 19K for 3 months Gerson vs 90K for 3 months regular hospital.

People talk about the high cost of health care. Disease care is a lot more expensive.

But you can do it on your own and save money.

People talk about the high cost of health care. Disease care is a lot more expensive.

According a quick search, it seems that the average cost of a stay in a hospital here in Alberta is about $1000 / day. So let's compare. 19K for 3 months Gerson vs 90K for 3 months regular hospital.

Why not avoid the post cancer crash course in nutrition? Follow the money trail where it led Drs and govt recommending the very things that compromise health ie; diet (processed foods), standards (food pyramid), treatment (statins, chemo). Its taken me 58 yrs to get past the crap Ive been spoon fed changing long standing assumptions.

The Greatest American Lie, The Oiling of America. (Weston Price)

Loren Cordain

http://thepaleodiet.com

Why not avoid the post cancer crash course in nutrition? Follow the money trail where it led Drs and govt recommending the very things that compromise health ie; diet (processed foods), standards (food pyramid), treatment (statins, chemo). Its taken me 58 yrs to get past the crap Ive been spoon fed changing long standing assumptions.

Loren Cordain

Two hours is a lot to ask people to spend on a You Tube. Can you summarize it?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Loren Cordain

Two hours is a lot to ask people to spend on a You Tube. Can you summarize it?

Ba'al Chatzaf

I actually went thru the 2 hours. It is a huge bunch of peer reviewed stuff kicking the shit out of conventional ideas about fat. Near the end is a list of dishonest ways research is done and it passes as legit research. Statins are bashed.

I actually went thru the 2 hours. It is a huge bunch of peer reviewed stuff kicking the shit out of conventional ideas about fat. Near the end is a list of dishonest ways research is done and it passes as legit research. Statins are bashed.

Peer reviewed shit is what appears in peer reviewed journals, not on You Tube.

Ba'al Chatzaf