Hockey Playoffs Approach

caroljane

Final Rangers 2 - Washington 1

So no matter what happens between the Devils and the Rangers, one of our Metropolitan teams will kick the Kings asses just in case they survive their next round.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are a good looking club Dennis...they don't think they can lose which is a solid way to approach the game...

The East awaits...

Anybody hear the Ranger score...oh wait, I did...

RANGERS 3 DEVILS 0

OK, not Cdn team but O6. NY for Eastern Conf victors.

But I promised Dennis to support LA if none of our Cdn teams were in final, so if it comes to Battle of Titans, expect mayem.

OK, not Cdn team but O6. NY for Eastern Conf victors.

But I promised Dennis to support LA if none of our Cdn teams were in final, so if it comes to Battle of Titans, expect mayem.

Carol:

It is still early, however NY's goalie and the blocking of shots by the defense men has been nothing short of stunning. They blocked 25+ shots and

Henrik Lundqvist stopped 22 +

The last series with Washington was one of the cleanest series I have seen in playoff hockey in a long long time.

Adam

You are correct. It was brilliant especially for defence , an exercise in discipline and skill,

Yep, this could actually bring hockey back up to being a well watched sport again...

I cant be so optimistic. To love to see a sport played, I feel you need to know visceral joy of playin it - badly or well - not just observation. Even if only briefly as a kid.An opportunity most Americans miss --no winter, no ice. Indeed for Canadians, costs prevent early involvement.

Even so,, as Ive observed, once played, it becomes addictive.

If the Kings continue to thrash their opponents all the way to the Stanley Cup, it will be one of the most astonishing turn-arounds in sports history. Seriously. The LA Kings? The closest they ever get to the Stanley Cup is when they play the Maple Leafs in a road game.

But now, once again, a franchise rises from the squalor of mediocrity to dominate a professional sports league. They have already attained the glory of Rocky Balboa going the distance against Apollo Creed. But if they win the Stanley Cup, it will be the 1969 Mets all over again. Cassius Clay once again puts Sonny Liston down for the count. Namath’s upstart Jets shock the football world in Super Bowl III. The 1980 US Olympic Hockey team gets the gold.

Around tinsel town, folks walk the streets like zombies in stunned disbelief. You can’t even get into a bar these days because every sports fan in town has to drown his identity crisis in tequila. Huh? The Kings won again? Yep. 4-0 this time. Bartender, I’ll have another.

And we’re not even in the finals yet.

This can’t be real, can it?

If the Kings continue to thrash their opponents all the way to the Stanley Cup, it will be one of the most astonishing turn-arounds in sports history. Seriously. The LA Kings? The closest they ever get to the Stanley Cup is when they play the Maple Leafs in a road game.

But now, once again, a franchise rises from the squalor of mediocrity to dominate a professional sports league. They have already attained the glory of Rocky Balboa going the distance against Apollo Creed. But if they win the Stanley Cup, it will be the 1969 Mets all over again. Cassius Clay once again puts Sonny Liston down for the count. Namath’s upstart Jets shock the football world in Super Bowl III. The 1980 US Olympic Hockey team gets the gold.

Around tinsel town, folks walk the streets like zombies in stunned disbelief. You can’t even get into a bar these days because every sports fan in town has to drown his identity crisis in tequila. Huh? The Kings won again? Yep. 4-0 this time. Bartender, I’ll have another.

So says NBC probably, as untold viewer numbers loom from a traditionally-despised source. NY-La would be a dream series, and of course Canada would tune in.

Rangers lost to Devils

3 - 2 Series tied at 1-1;

Next game at NJ Devils rink in Newark - bring body armor for the roving gangs preying on the fans as they leave the arena.

Semi-auto handguns would be a smart wardrobe addition.

Rangers lost to Devils

Next game at NJ Devils rink in Newark - bring body armor for the roving gangs preying on the fans as they leave the arena.

Rangers lost to Devils

You live in NJ, does it mean you are dual armed citizen?

Rangers lost to Devils

Rangers lost to Devils

You live in NJ, does it mean you are dual armed citizen?

5th and 14th amendment claimed

Do not be up to deviltry now!

Not me. I am staying as far away from going to down town Newark as possible.

Dennis, a word. You see a fairly dull variant of te Ultimate Sport, ie defensive play primarily. Incredibly more could await you--but netminders are lonestars, no question.

So, Daunce, are you saying hockey is more exciting when the netminder is not all that good? Hmmmm. .

My primary complaint against hockey is that the teams don't have a quarterback.

Dennis, a word. You see a fairly dull variant of te Ultimate Sport, ie defensive play primarily. Incredibly more could await you--but netminders are lonestars, no question.

So, Daunce, are you saying hockey is more exciting when the netminder is not all that good? Hmmmm. .

lol of course not. I adore Quick etal. But defensive play predominates now, so far fewer attacks are made ;more end-to-end, more offence is more fun for fans.

Dennis and Carol:

Your LA team is the best team on the ice right now. Very impressive. Constant pressure, superior passing. Very fluid team and they do not think they can lose...

Adam

Playoff at 12 noon--only in LA! Arena will open up at 9am and offer fans free coffee and donuts - nice! In Canada we yell and plead at locked entrance until last possible minute before puck drop and warm $20 beer.

Playoff at 12 noon--only in LA! Arena will open up at 9am and offer fans free coffee and donuts - nice! In Canada we yell and plead at locked entrance until last possible minute before puck drop and warm $20 beer.

Well it looks like the Rangers have re acquired their skate edges and their goalie is nothing but unconscious.

This could get really interesting.