Governor Scott Walker Should Be Running For President...

I get it. America is under threat because we haven't been aggressive enough around the globe. America, invade the planet, transform the world.

The Neocon Jacobins ride again.

Actually, you do not get it.

Being prepared to act globally is part of a defensive strategy.

Not going to add straw to your man. Certainly did not state that invading places around the globe is part of that strategy.

What is your solution?

A...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get it. America is under threat because we haven't been aggressive enough around the globe. America, invade the planet, transform the world.

A...

Adam,

I again butt in on what is superficially not my business, to agree with this approach. "Being prepared to act" is half the battle, at times it's the battle avoided. "Walk softly and carry a big stick", isn't a compromise or contradiction. It rather indicates thinking contextually, of when and where to act - and to what degree of force - guided by principle and rational self interest. But, all-in, or no response at all, is a mistake (I think interventionism vs. isolationism is a false alternative).

I am very glad to see today that countries, France, Germany, UK, and even little Estonia, are planning to combine to send in a force into the Ukraine. For once, it is not the usual "US-led coalition" (as it has seemingly always been, everywhere). For once, let others think and act for their own self-interest, without depending on America always leading the way (or going it alone) and always collecting the Bad Guy fall-out. All international military actions in future, should be of equal partners with equal resolve, risking equal numbers of soldiers and as much as possible, equally financing the operation.

It occurs to me often, how being the most moral and free nation (as with individuals) carries with it a growing, presumed upon, and tacit responsibility for others, who turn automatically to that nation's guidance -- in the process weakening their own moral self interest and liberty.

Not going to add straw to your man. Certainly did not state that invading places around the globe is part of that strategy.

What is your solution?

A...

Walker is a superb politician, so when he says, "We need to have an aggressive strategy anywhere around the world,” only someone determined to misunderstand him would take the word "aggressive" to mean, well, aggressive, or "anywhere in the world" to mean just anywhere in the world.

Can't a reasonable observer see how much more freedom and less terrorism the world has since our spectacular military successes in Afghanistan and Iraq? And, therefore, what young lad or lass could resist joining the globalist in sowing new Afghanistans, Iraqs, and Libyas over the rest of God's green earth?

My solution? Why, the solution to having to pull our troops out of one hellhole is to find a brand new hellhole for them to crawl into. And anyone who says it ain't defense is just being cynical or not well invested in military industry stocks.

What is your solution?

A...

Walker is a superb politician, so when he says, "We need to have an aggressive strategy anywhere around the world,” only someone determined to misunderstand him would take the word "aggressive" to mean, well, aggressive, or "anywhere in the world" to mean just anywhere in the world.

Can't a reasonable observer see how much more freedom and less terrorism the world has since our spectacular military successes in Afghanistan and Iraq? And, therefore, what young lad or lass could resist joining the globalist in sowing new Afghanistans, Iraqs, and Libyas over the rest of God's green earth?

My solution? Why, the solution to having to pull our troops out of one hellhole is to find a brand new hellhole for them to crawl into. And anyone who says it ain't defense is just being cynical or not well invested in military industry stocks.

I will waive consecutive translation of your post.

Since I am not too bright, let's just have you answer the same question that the "expert" interviewer asked Governor Walker, who never graduated college like the super smart interviewer did?

Shall we?

Yes we shall!

"President elect Mr. Ferrer:

What is your big, bold, fresh idea in Syria?

Go...

A...

Go...

A...

I don't have a fresh idea, but quite an old one: "Wherever the standard of freedom and independence has been or shall be unfurled, there will her heart, her benedictions and her prayers be. But she goes not abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own. She will recommend the general cause, by the countenance of her voice, and the benignant sympathy of her example."

Go...

A...

I don't have a fresh idea, but quite an old one: "Wherever the standard of freedom and independence has been or shall be unfurled, there will her heart, her benedictions and her prayers be. But she goes not abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own. She will recommend the general cause, by the countenance of her voice, and the benignant sympathy of her example."

Great avoidance.

The John Quincy Adams gambit?

John Quincy Adams on U.S. Foreign Policy (1821)

And now, friends and countrymen, if the wise and learned philosophers of the elder world, the first observers of nutation and aberration, the discoverers of maddening ether and invisible planets, the inventors of Congreve rockets and Shrapnel shells, should find their hearts disposed to inquire what has America done for the benefit of mankind?

Let our answer be this: America, with the same voice which spoke herself into existence as a nation, proclaimed to mankind the inextinguishable rights of human nature, and the only lawful foundations of government. America, in the assembly of nations, since her admission among them, has invariably, though often fruitlessly, held forth to them the hand of honest friendship, of equal freedom, of generous reciprocity.

She has uniformly spoken among them, though often to heedless and often to disdainful ears, the language of equal liberty, of equal justice, and of equal rights.

She has, in the lapse of nearly half a century, without a single exception, respected the independence of other nations while asserting and maintaining her own.

She has abstained from interference in the concerns of others, even when conflict has been for principles to which she clings, as to the last vital drop that visits the heart.

She has seen that probably for centuries to come, all the contests of that Aceldama the European world, will be contests of inveterate power, and emerging right.

Wherever the standard of freedom and Independence has been or shall be unfurled, there will her heart, her benedictions and her prayers be.

But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy.

She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all.

She is the champion and vindicator only of her own.

She will commend the general cause by the countenance of her voice, and the benignant sympathy of her example.

She well knows that by once enlisting under other banners than her own, were they even the banners of foreign independence, she would involve herself beyond the power of extrication, in all the wars of interest and intrigue, of individual avarice, envy, and ambition, which assume the colors and usurp the standard of freedom.

The fundamental maxims of her policy would insensibly change from liberty to force….

She might become the dictatress of the world. She would be no longer the ruler of her own spirit….

[America's] glory is not dominion, but liberty. Her march is the march of the mind. She has a spear and a shield: but the motto upon her shield is, Freedom, Independence, Peace. This has been her Declaration: this has been, as far as her necessary intercourse with the rest of mankind would permit, her practice.

When John Quincy Adams served as U. S. Secretary of State, he delivered this speech to the U.S. House of Representatives on July 4, 1821, in celebration of American Independence Day.

A...

• 3 years later...

Scott Walker is running for re-election as Wisconsin governor.  It could be that he doesn't win.